• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Building with salmonella issues...

Soleil Shepherd

We have been asked to do some work for a company we have dealt with before. They would like one of their buildings washed inside as they have detected salmonella in this area. They are asking for floors, walls, beams, piping etc. My husband has a connection here and wants to do the work.

The question I have is in regards to liability.
They are asking us to just use regular soap, not to worry about anything with a bleach to it.

I am a little concerned that if all of the salmonella is not removed we could be held liable down the road, or when the health officials return to test if there is still salmonella present we could be made to rewash.

Has anyone done any work like this before?

Ken Fenner

Soleil, a couple years ago we cleaned a meat packing warehouse that an owner had abandoned and locked for over a month (in July). We used a quarternary ammonium (Quat) and sprayed the whole place down to disinfect. it will remove salmonella strains. I ordered it through a local janitorial supply. I know Proctor and Gamble makes one for restaurants and janitors.

Indy Power Wash

3M Quat is what hospitals use. You can download a MSDS sheet for them to revue. It's cheap no need for a home brew. You should have no additional liability unless you are guaranteeing it to be salmonella free. Which no one would do.

Soleil Shepherd

Thanks you guys, I was concerned about the liability with the salmonella. This puts my concerns to rest. I also appreciate the tip on the Quat, I was thinking we would need to pick up some expensive soaps.

Ken, I wasn't sure if you'd be checking back in tonight so I posted this thread as they want a proposal first thing in the am. I would appreciate it though if I could still have a little tete a tete with you tomorrow :)