• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Modifying a vehicle

Ken Fenner

To what extent can you modify your vehicle without raising red flags from DOT or highway troopers? Lets say for the sake of argument you wanted to mount something onto the top of a van. Does it need to be inspected or re-classed?

Rick Petry

Ken,

I would think that would be under the asupices of the State, for you Pa.

Years ago, when first starting out, used my 4Runner as a work truck. Use to place magnetic signs on the side when parked in front of residences. No commercial plates.

One and only time, forgot to remove them before coming back to the barn. Stopped by the police in my own town, and read the letter of the law. Just a warning, no ticket or fine.

Today, I see a lot of non-commercial vehicles with permanent lettering, logos, even partial wraps here in NJ. I guess the law does not apply anymore.

Jim Chesmore

I talked to DOT, DMV and a few state cops, they all had different stories to tell about what the law is. DMV and DOT I would get different answers on different days???

welder

I talked to DOT, DMV and a few state cops, they all had different stories to tell about what the law is. DMV and DOT I would get different answers on different days???

Tell me about it, I ran trucks from 35,000 lbs down to a Isuzu trooper, You could never stay legal in that state. 1 Guy says this way, the next says "nope" that way. Go figure.

Ken Fenner

I'll scan PennDOT's website when I get a spare 4 hours and see if I can find what I am looking for. I have some ideas but I don't even want to go down that road if some zealous trooper is gonna pull us over.

Tim Fields

Modified Vehicle
- A vehicle of a type required to be registered under this title materially altered by the addition, deletion, substitution or modification of the body, chassis or essential parts, new or used.

Modified Vehicle Titling Procedure​

Some examples of vehicle modifications which would require a Modified Vehicle Title include but are not limited to:
- Changing fuel type (e.g., gasoline to diesel)
- Addition or removal of an axle
- Replacing the engine (e.g., replacing the stock engine with an engine that was not available as original equipment on the vehicle)
- Changing a standard truck bed to a flat bed or dump bed​

- Changing the vehicle body type (e.g. bus to truck)​

Tom DeFrancesco

In the State of New York, ANY vehicle with advertisement on it is considered a Commercial vehicle. It must bare the company name and address on 2 sides of the vehicle and Commercial plates. Also if you happen to use a sedan or SUV as a work vehicle then it MUST NOT have rear seats in them when you have Commercial plates.{stupid}. It is even illegal to advertise your vehicle for sale.