• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

The Perfect house cleaning?

Terry Miller

What would you say is the perfect house cleaning job? System, chemicals, manpower, equipment. I believe we are doing most things right. I'd like to be as perfect as possible. We use a Bandit, pre mix chemicals, Pull up, drop hoses, load water, rinse and spray away. Rinse, double check everything, roll hose, get paid and on to the next job.
What would be your perfect house cleaning? Any suggestions? Thank You.

Attachments

• line up of tips 2.jpg
    line up of tips 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 538
  • ninja tip.jpg
    ninja tip.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 356

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
I don't think there is a "perfect" system. I have thought about the use of a Bandit like you use and still think I would buy one later down the road when I can afford it. The Bandit is a good multi-purpose tool and would be a great add on to a house wash set up.

You still need a power washer to do concrete. Many of my house wash jobs include some type of flatwork so if I already have to use a PW why not x-jet or downstream the house? Why get out a second piece of equipment? I also find that some jobs require the use of more than one cleaning chem or different strengths of the same ingredients. Can't do that from one tank.

My point is that your question is one I think about quite a bit. I am always thinking about what set up would be the best for the work I do and it seems that everything has its good and bad points.

Ken Fenner

From a job standpoint, a perfect wash would be the customer first choosing our Platinum House Wash. We clean everything on the property that won't fall apart with a little pressure. Everything is addressed from rust stains on the concrete and foundation to streaks on the gutter to brightening aluminum screens. We hit the house with a wax and the windows get a specialty cleaner that leaves them sparkle. Its the ultimate curb appeal plan. Everything is downstreamed. Depending upon the scope and if a roof is included, it can take from 4-8 hours.

Terry Miller

Doug,
We all use something a little different. It is nice to hear from others so maybe we can do a better job? Equipment is a tough item to fill at times. We are lucky that we have been able to pay our equipment off very fast. I purchase for our company, so I choose what and when we need something. My wife has every bit as much to say, so I try not to buy a dud! LOL
Ken
What house wax are you using and window cleaners? Help me make more money this month!! LOL

Attachments

• line up of tips 2.jpg
    line up of tips 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 255
  • ninja tip.jpg
    ninja tip.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 219
The perfect house cleaning for me is big, vinyl and not to close to the neighbors. Many times in OC parking is an issue, so I have to drop my trailer in the back and park my truck down the street. The other PITA is how close the homes are built to one another. Sometimes there is less than 10 feet between the house I'm cleaning and the neighbors, usually there is a fence in the middle of the properties giving me only 5 ft. to work on a 30-40 foot high by 60-80 foot long wall.

My perfect house would start with a homeowner that is outgoing. Someone that is going to talk about the type of service I provide. The house would be in a newer development, 2-3 years old, hardiboard siding (vinyl is easier but i think there is more money in hardi). I would schedule this on a saturday around 10am. The exposure of this is as they say "priceless". I would spend 3-3.5 hours on this home including concrete. Most homeowners have not seen concrete cleaned with a surface cleaner and hot water. People walking by either stop and ask questions or watch from a distance. Either way, before I pull off I will stop by each home within sight to introduce myself and drop a card.
The same home on a tuesday would take an hour less, same service and same quality just less exposure and different focus.

Chris, Yes Jamie is my brother. Good to see you on here. I've been trying to get Jamie to come on to learn from these guys, he is a little hard headed.

Ken Fenner

Makulay, we have a policy for full names (both company and personal) in signature lines. Since you have two posts with two different weblinks that is suspect. I'll give you until the wekend to please full out your signature in full or I will have to delete your posts. Sorry about the directness of this post but this is not a free SEO forum.

Terry Miller

This is the Bandit along with my PWer. Bob built our rig as is.
As far as the perfect house cleaning.
No problems with the estimate, job and getting paid! LOL
We do pretty good in all areas. However we always have a 100th customer. The one from Hell!!!LOL
They will make you feel bad in a minute. I believe the job can be perfect and not a problem. They will come up with something. I believe 1 out of 100 isn't too bad. Any ideas? Thank You.

Attachments

• Shop & PW 00225.JPG
    Shop & PW 00225.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 57
S

sreeja

In my opinion also the perfect house cleaning is impossible.If we use chemicals,manpower,or equipment it is really a difficult thing.I am not familiar using this Bandit to rinse with water.I think it gives more neatness than the usuall method.

Carlos Gonzales

In my opinion also the perfect house cleaning is impossible.If we use chemicals,manpower,or equipment it is really a difficult thing.I am not familiar using this Bandit to rinse with water.I think it gives more neatness than the usuall method.

sreeja - what is the usual method that you use?

John Paul

That's a nice, compact setup. I'm thinking of putting together another trailer that is smaller than my 6'x12' for residential only.

I have a 325 float tank on my rig now, but I know I don't need something like that for residential work. I'm really wanting one of the new Delavans now too after seeing that one in New Orleans.

Terry Miller

John Paul,
That was a beast wasn't it? I like our trailer, because I can park it most places are hard to reach. Easy to move. What type of set up are you going to use? Bob has some more Big Boys coming in I believe. Let me know how it works out. Thank You.

John Paul

I'm still playing around with a lot of ideas. I change my mind at least once a week. I know the most practical would to get a flatbed truck and operate my residential stuff out of it.

It'd be more fiscal to get a 5'x10' trailer for $550, add an 8 GPM cold water unit from Bob, then get the new Delavan to handle the roof stuff. I'd move my 125 gallon tank over to do roofs, get a 50 or 65 gallon float tank for the PWer, and maybe add a 35 gallon tank for house mixes.

I still want a Bandit though too. We'll see when I get ready to put together another rig what my needs will be at that time.

Florin Nutu

My perfect house cleaning is getting it done to where they are axtatic about how it turned out and booking next years cleaning right there and then.