• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Picture Test - 2 guns on deck

Ken Fenner

PressurePros in action using a dual gun setup.

Attachments

• twogun_deck.jpg
    twogun_deck.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 122

Ken Fenner

Define walkable. Downstreaming roof with bleach/TSP mix. Results on next post.

Attachments

• define_walkable.jpg
    define_walkable.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 100

Ken Fenner

That actually is mold and dirt up there not shadows. Looks like tree shadows.

Attachments

• dirty_roof.jpg
    dirty_roof.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 73
  • clean_roof.jpg
    clean_roof.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 69

Ken Fenner

Re: Picture Test - 2 guns on deck, roof, house washes

Not too much pressure on that ;)

Attachments

• house_wash.jpg
    house_wash.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 83

Scott Millen

Geezo, Ken! Ease up on the plastic, man, you're driving the cost of crude through the roof!

Better safe than sorry, huh.

The pic funtion is cool, but you have the same trouble I do: Befores and afters often aren't well matched. I guess in your case, that may well be because this is a test. Perhaps I'm the only bonehead that can never quite remember exactly how I took the first shot.

I've been thinking about mounting a video camera on a tripod to do time lapse video of a whole job. I think that would be cool, but in reality, I can never remember to take the befores before I get started, if I rember at all.

Did you get the DS system fine-tuned yet?

Terry Miller

Scott,
I agree with you. I'd love to do a time lapse of a PW job. We are looking for a good camera. Maybe one day. You could bring it to a customers and have them watch it while you add up the #'s! When I take pictures, I always take the before and after as close to the same spot also. Nice Website. The Husband / Wife gas brought in many $$$ for us. Sorry about your kid with the big nose though. It must be tough going through life like that !!! LOL LOL We have to get Ken in line to use less plastic! Maybe something we could wring out and use again? Thank You.

Ken Fenner

Geezo, Ken! Ease up on the plastic, man, you're driving the cost of crude through the roof!

Better safe than sorry, huh.

The pic funtion is cool, but you have the same trouble I do: Befores and afters often aren't well matched. I guess in your case, that may well be because this is a test. Perhaps I'm the only bonehead that can never quite remember exactly how I took the first shot.

I've been thinking about mounting a video camera on a tripod to do time lapse video of a whole job. I think that would be cool, but in reality, I can never remember to take the befores before I get started, if I rember at all.

Did you get the DS system fine-tuned yet?

LOL, That one house the people demanded everything be covered. We obliged. The before and after roof pics were taken by the guys (left out were the "flipping the bird" shots, the "plumber's crack" shots and "interesting neighbor" shots). Every truck now has a camera on it and I get pctures of maybe half the work for the same reason you mentioned last. When you get to a job you want to get it done not play around being a photographer.

The reason I actually posted these was to see what the increased database size does to the server load.

I have always taken horrible before/afters so you are not alone there.

Rob Huffman

Guys,
I had always had the same problem. Whether it was me going and doing the job or anyone else no one would ever remember to take pics. Heres the solution: take the camera (and take pics) when you do the estimate. You can always drive back to get the after photo if wanted.

Rob Huffman
Aspen Contractors

Scott Millen

Nice Website. The Husband / Wife gas brought in many $$$ for us. Sorry about your kid with the big nose though. It must be tough going through life like that !!! LOL LOL

HAHA! My wife says he takes after me. Thanks for the nice comment on the site, it really was intended to be a placeholder/online brochure more than anything else. It needs serious updating and optimization, but has slid to the hind burner for now. Gotta make hay while the sun shines.

It's funny, people commonly tell me they like the various pics of Tricia and I together, and they are really an inside joke with us: The first trip we ever took together was to the Grand Canyon, and it was September 11th of 02, I think. Anyway, there was nobody but us there, so we had to take a couple of pics of ourselves together, and now we take shots like that everywhere we go.

People always ask us if we want them to take pics for us, and we laugh everytime. I'm sure people think we're insane. I'm pretty sure that in every pic of us on that site, one of us it taking the picture!

Terry Miller

Scott,
Pictures are good. They tell a lot more if you listen!! The pictures of you and your wife are valuable. They tell of your feelings and maybe what your thinking? We like pictures of us together also. Like you said though most of the times no one else is there to take our picture! Bring a tripod. Our dog Teddy Bear is ugly, dumb and a pain in the butt. But we Love him?
Don,
I started making money at 8 shoveling Snow. I made a lot of money. I earned the right to slump over! LOL I need to hire a younger labor one day to do the bending. We'll see.
Pictures are needed and often save the day. I always take a broken window, etc. for my protection. Anything weird or not right, SHOOT IT! LOL

Attachments

• 2007 Ohio Indiana Convention 04025.JPG
    2007 Ohio Indiana Convention 04025.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 44
  • home siding 262.jpg
    home siding 262.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 39

deach

Yes, I think the pics during the estimate are a good idea. It is possible to catch something in a photo you might miss. I got blamed for breaking a widow once, (third story) that I didn't catch during the estimate and wasn't up on that part of the job. My son told me it was broken when he got up there. Low and behold the pics when blown up a bit actually showed it. Took it to the homeowner and they apologized and paid me to replace the glass. Guess it comes down to CYA.

Dave Long

Guys I have the same promblems with the pics, I also take way to many pics!:) However I have started something that is very simple, now I only take the nessecary pics instead of taking a million before pics, I find the where I wanna take the pics. I had a couple bricks I keep on my trailer for when I diconnect it. So I had some extra ones, and after I snap a pic I simply lay that brick down on the ground, so when I get done I can come back to the spot and get the pic. I have some great before and after, but sometimes they dont match at all, but this helps.
Please if you have any other methods post them, I would like to know what other people do for this..