• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hello From Tom Durbin At Hot And Mighty Mobile Cleaning Systems

Tomdurbin

Contributing Member
Hi, my name is Tom Durbin and I’m with T. George Podell And Company. We design and build Hot and Mighty Mobile Cleaning Systems. We specialize in enclosed trailer units, single or dual operator systems running up to 10 GPM and 10,000 PSI. We have operated not only as an industrial equipment supplier but also as an industrial cleaning contractor for more than 30 years. We are kind of like Orange County Choppers meets dirt. We have a wide variety of open and enclosed trailer systems. Each custom built to our clients specific needs. You all might have heard of some of our trailer units such as The General, Chopper, Invader or The Boss.

As a cleaning contractor we, like the majority of you, have seen our fair share of nasty, dirty jobs. We have completed work for large institutions such as AM General, AACOA, Notre Dame and Bosch to name a few and rarely every shy away from our local customers who may need a patio cleaned. We have and continue to do it all, from industrial, commercial and residential cleaning, masonry restoration and construction and boiler repairs and maintenance.

There is a new challenge facing all of us in one way or another. In other countries they already are requiring recycling equipment for all non-residential cleaning. Here in the States, regulations are tightening on a county-by-county basis. Don’t let new EPA regulations for the dumping of non-treated wash water or for some the pure lack of water become a roadblock for your success. We are finding that more and more what has been our typical wash and dump method of cleaning is no longer acceptable. In fact many large chain stores will no longer consider this type of cleaning acceptable. We have designed and built a top quality recovery and recycling system.

The Hot And Mighty WR2 is a completely closed looped system. It is unlike any other system available. It is comprised of a 425 CFM Vacuum operating off a 23 HP motor and Gardner Denver blower. We have the best filtration that can be cleaned hundreds if not thousands of times before begin replaced. We have large filters for higher dirt load capacity. We use effluent pumps in our pump out drums. Every system comes standard with two interceptor drums to catch rocks and heavy dirt. This recovery vacuum is only pushing 80% capacity and we have a built in generator that eliminates the need for a third motor.

This system can be modular or purchased on a skid frame with tanks underneath the equipment. This is a turnkey package. All that is required is to hitch up your hose and start reclaiming your wash water.

For those of you that have EPA guideline requiring the recycling of your wash water we offer our Hot And Mighty Oil Separator. This oil-water-solids separator operates with (3) 10” x 23” Bag filters at a 20 GPM recycling rate. All the wash water is then pumped back into the water holding tank for reuse.

At T. George Podell we are always innovating. A big part of that innovation comes from customer need, input and market place changes. The bottom line is if you are looking for your first mobile cleaning system or an addition to your already established business T. George Podell And Company can build a Hot And Mighty Cleaning System to fit your specific need. You can always find us at www.hotandmighty.com

Jim Cooney

I've known Tom for several years now, and not only is he a very reputable and knowledgeable man, his #1 priority is customer service and satisfaction.

Welcome to the board Tom. The UAMCC is the cutting edge for the industry, today and into the future.

Mathew Johnson

Tom,

Welcome to UAMCC BBS. You have a great website and some top grade equipment.

I hope you take a seat along side of the other 5 star vendors members here and join this great organization as a vendor member. I look forward to next years convention and seeing some of your equipment in the trade show if possible.

Again. Welcome!!

Matt Johnson
Pressure Washing Services, Inc.

Lonnie Greenwood

Tom are you vendor member you have some nice equipment we are plaing on buying a new trailer next year. we are only buying from vendor members something you may want to think about we need to stand behind our vendors they do so much for the org that i think its only fair that we suport them when we need things to keep our buiss going we need to reach out to them so that they will continue to help the uamcc grow thank you

Last edited:

Tomdurbin

Contributing Member
Hello to alll of you as well. I am new to mesage boards. You will have to bear with me as I don't even know what you mean by member vendor. I do though feel like I have alot to offer to these kinds of boards. I started out like most guys knowing absolutely nothing. These boards were not around but I had the benefit of starting out with a company that had been operating as a contractor and supplier since 1975. I have been in my fair share of confined spaces, man lifts and grease pits. I had to start at the bottom here and have used water blasters ( hot and cold) from 1000 - 20,000 psi from 2 - 40 gpm. Since sandblasting is also a big part of Industrial cleaning I know my way around one of those as well. One thing I noticed when I started here we never bought any pressure washing equipment that we did not have to modify to make work. I mean we changed a ton of stuff at the direction of George Podell our founder and president. This infuriated me as I couldn't understand why it couldn't come the way we wanted. As time went on I worked my way up in the company and became the Sales Manager. I had already built many trailers for Industrial Contractors in Gary In and all around Northern Indiana. Each time buying equipment and modifing it to make it work. In the same time period Mobile Washing was really taking off. So I sat down with some engineers at varios pressure washing manufacturers until I found one that would build a unit the way I wanted. They all had some sort of open trailer rig or another that they offered. I knew that open trailers were a maintenance nightmare. Great for dealers as there were many repairs. Bad for mobile washers and their pocket books. With my newly designed Hot and Mighty unit I could put everything in an enclosed trailer. The best part, since I cut the costs of us modifing the unit I am able to offer these rigs at prices that are competitive with the other guys open trailer units. It was not an easy process and it used to take days to construct a unit that I can now build in five or six hours. Building a better unit is not the only thing that was missing. As the internet took off many people were buying pressure washing equipment with no support. They were underbidding jobs and going out of business by the truckload. This still happens with alot of places today. Not here we give every customer pricing support along with training from hot to write the quote to how to clean any surface. I have 24 hour phone support and the knoweledge to fix almost any problem over the phone. If you check with anyone that has bought equipment from us they will tell you the same thing. Thank You for welcoming me and let me know if I can help