• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Oxalic Acid? Do you use it and how do you apply it?

Lenny Schrecengost

Contributing Member
We use it. We just cleaned almost 100,000 sq' of sidewalk with rust. We had to mix it strong for that. We also use it for nutralizing wood after stripping it.

Tim Fields

Newbie needs to know!

We use a product called F-8 from UAMCC Supplier member Pressure Tek.

I think that this was 6-8 oz per gallon of warm water in a pump up. Spray, dwell, rinse.

Go ahead and be on the safe side, get your respirator out and keep it handy.

Attachments

• Irrigation rust before.jpg
    Irrigation rust before.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Irrigation rust after.jpg
    Irrigation rust after.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 43

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Oxalic acid is one of my most used chems. Like others, I use it to neutralize deck stripper, brighten concrete and remove rust. A little tip, for rust on brick, I add a little Sure Kleen 600 (or similar) to boost the oxalic. I buy oxalic powder from the Chemistry Store . com. I mostly apply with a pump-up sprayer, though I have also downstreamed a strong mix to neutralize. As Tim said, warm water helps to dissolve the crystals.

Jeff Jacobs

Contributing Member
I bought a 55lb bag for $60. I mixed 2 cups with 2 gal hot tap water and sprayed it fron a plastic sprayer. It worked fine the first time, the next day the sprayer didn't work. Any suggestions? Other than buy a new sprayer. If you DS it does it harm any of the equipment? Seals, Guns, Hoses?

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Generally, a pump-up should last for weeks or even months spraying oxalic. There may be something clogging the tip or pick-up tube. If its not building pressure, the O ring in the pump may need some lube. Some pump-ups have "Add Oil Here" printed on the pump and some you have to push tabs in to remove the inner tube and add petroleum jelly to the O ring.

Nichole

I bought a 55lb bag for $60. I mixed 2 cups with 2 gal hot tap water and sprayed it fron a plastic sprayer. It worked fine the first time, the next day the sprayer didn't work. Any suggestions? Other than buy a new sprayer. If you DS it does it harm any of the equipment? Seals, Guns, Hoses?

Make sure that there are no crystals in the bottom of the sprayer when you begin. This will clog the sprayer. Using hot water to mix it with is a good idea, but you may also want to mix it the night before to let it really dissolve in the water. Always rinse the sprayer out when you are through. Also, the quality of the sprayer will make a difference.

oxfordlawn

On sidewalks with black mildew embedded in the grain, does OX acid get rid of that also as well as the rust stains from the irrigation systems. Im hoping its a oneshot/spray type of deal. Thanks, I have a walk and driveway to clean next monday and am very new at this, but we all learn sometime right:biggrin:

oxfordlawn

To get the black mold/mildew off, I recently downstreamed straight SH onto a driveway, let it dry and then gave a good rinse and it looked great. I have a driveway coming up next week with black mold, and also rust stains from misadjusted sprinkler heads. I was wondering if the OX would kill 2 birds with one shot. Its just hopeful thinking. REMINDER IM VERY VERY NEW AT THIS:yes::biggrin: