• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Helper fell off ladder today

Florin Nutu

We were out doing a 1 story very walkable gutter cleaning today. Was just about finished. I was rinsing the exterior of the gutters when I heard a loud crash. Went around and my helper was on the ground on the driveway with the ladder down too. What a gut wrenching feeling. He busted up his knee. He also was turning white and getting light headed... im guessing shock. He got ambulanced to hosp. He said he was stepping onto the ladder from the roof and he stepped wrong and his foot slipped off the rung. He pulled the ladder with him as he was going down. Im headed back out to see him at the hospital tro see how hes doing now.

Posting this to maybe put in your head to be safe and alert out there on ladders and roofs.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Having "ridden the ladder" myself, I truly feel for you helper. Speaking from experience, its no fun. Both of you are in our prayers.

Bryan Otten

Sorry to hear that. Hope he is ok. I fell from a ladder about two years, Paid for it dearly. I broke my elbow and now I have four screws and a steel plate in my elbow. it hurts everyday. It took me 6mo. to get movement back in my arm.

Hope everything is ok.

Florin Nutu

He split his knee cap. Doc says its a good chance it will heal and no surgery. Keeping fingers crossed.

Attachments

• Adrian knee 1.jpg
    Adrian knee 1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 34
  • Adrian knee 2.jpg
    Adrian knee 2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 21

plainpainter

I have this theory about walkable roofs vs. non-walkable roofs - that if you fall from either one it still hurts the same amount.

I had this guy that wanted a bunch of work done for short money - and I reasoned to myself that the roof had a 'walkable' pitch of 6/12. But later decided to hold steadfast to my minimum. It was a pita terrain - nothing was easy - and I later decided an injury is an injury is an injury. We should all step back and value our health and should reflect in our pricing.

Lonnie Greenwood

We were out doing a 1 story very walkable gutter cleaning today. Was just about finished. I was rinsing the exterior of the gutters when I heard a loud crash. Went around and my helper was on the ground on the driveway with the ladder down too. What a gut wrenching feeling. He busted up his knee. He also was turning white and getting light headed... im guessing shock. He got ambulanced to hosp. He said he was stepping onto the ladder from the roof and he stepped wrong and his foot slipped off the rung. He pulled the ladder with him as he was going down. Im headed back out to see him at the hospital tro see how hes doing now.

Posting this to maybe put in your head to be safe and alert out there on ladders and roofs.

will say our prayers for you and him i hope every thing goes well with the recovery if i can fall off off a mountain about 80ft and break my bones an be in a body cast for 9months and survive your worker will be ok

Florin Nutu

OUCH!! I never had that happen to me but I know guys that took the fast trip off a roof, NOT FUN!!

Do you use stand-offs on your ladders?

Yes I do. When his foot slipped he tried to hold on to the ladder with his arms while going down. The standoffs actually snagged on the gutters and ripped it as he went down.

Florin Nutu

Thanks all. He is going to be down with a cast on for at least a couple weeks. I had never had to deal with workmans comp but would like to get him back to work on making cold calls while he is down, I know he has a family to support.

Florin Nutu

He went for follow up on Friday and they put on a removable cast. They said no surgery required. He will start cold calls, emails, marketing for me on Monday until he is back up on his feet.