• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Shop floor in a car dealership

BUDWOOD

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:JUST WONDERING WHAT CHEMCIALS I SHOULD USE TO CLEAN A GARAGE FLOOR WITH A LOT OF GREASE AND OIL ON A PAINTED FADED FLOOR.THE CUSTOMER WANTS TO CLEAN THE FLOOR SO HE CAN PAINT IT AGAIN.THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME.

CHRIS FROM NORTH FORK POWER WASHING

Nick Campanale

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:JUST WONDERING WHAT CHEMCIALS I SHOULD USE TO CLEAN A GARAGE FLOOR WITH A LOT OF GREASE AND OIL ON A PAINTED FADED FLOOR.THE CUSTOMER WANTS TO CLEAN THE FLOOR SO HE CAN PAINT IT AGAIN.THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME.

CHRIS FROM NORTH FORK POWER WASHING

Use a Butyl Degreaser scrub it in let it dwell for 15min then run your hot water over it. When your done with that give it an acid wash P/W that off then neutralize the surface and your ready for re-paint:yes: I am originally from Port Jefferson myself.

Soleil Shepherd

Is the acid wash necessary?
I hate our guys using acid and avoid it wherever possible. This is the type of work that we are targeting to get us through the snow months so this will make a big difference to my plans..

Doug Tripp

I don't do this type of work but I would assume if the floor is going to re-painted it needs to be a neutral ph before painting. Kind of like wood deck work.

If that's the case, I believe you could use a very mild acid so there is very little potential for employee danger. After all, most all of your soft drinks (Coke, Pepsi, etc. ) have phosphoric or citric acid and they are safe to consume. Nobody (Not I) is suggestting you break out any HF.

One can probably reach the same goal with a LOT of rinsing but it woul take longer. If it is not going to be re-painted, I'd say it is good enough after you run the surface cleaner over it.( from a ph perspective)

BUDWOOD

use a butyl degreaser scrub it in let it dwell for 15min then run your hot water over it. When your done with that give it an acid wash p/w that off then neutralize the surface and your ready for re-paint:yes: I am originally from port jefferson myself.

what would you use to neutralize the floor with. Thanks again