• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hi all

Larry C

I'm Larry, I live in Wabash Indiana just Southwest of Ft Wayne about 45 mi. I have been pressure washing Veal barns and farm equipment for the past 4 months.
I got laid off last February from a machine shop when the economy went down the toilet. I was waiting to get called back, but then found out they never called anyone back. They just hired new people in for 8 bucks an hour. Being 57 I was pretty bummed.
A friend of mine worked at some Veal barns and long story short, got me started in this business.
I really don't want to stay with cleaning the barns. I think I would rather wash houses, driveways, etc. And that is why I am here, to educate myself and learn to do it right and stay out of trouble.
Larry

Soleil Shepherd

Welcome to the UAMCC Larry!
I look forward to asking you all about cleaning barns. I hear that although it is a little on the smelly side, it is lucrative.

Hope you learn lots, there are some very knowledgable people on here, a great group!

Scott Millen

Welcome, Larry!

If there is anything we can do to help you get better at your business, or better at being in business, we are here to help. There is a ton of good infornation available here and many of us have our contact information right in our signatures.

Good luck in the new endeavor, I know from personal experience how daunting it can be to land in this field out of adversity, but it has become a blessing for me and my family. I know I'm not the only one here for whom this is true.

Larry C

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know you fellas. If anyone is interested, I posted a couple of photo's of the grain dryer I will be cleaning soon. I also posted some photo's of what the barn look like. Of coarse the Calf's are gone and you cant see the concrete floors anymore. (Down in the Ag forum)
Larry

Last edited: