• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Anyone clean boats?

Randy Borio

Had a boat shop owner call today. He wants to talk about (well duh on my part) having us come in next fall when they start pulling the boats out for the winter. What cleaners would be good and whats the going rate per foot? I will be calling him back in two weeks so I have a little time for research. Any help would be great. BTW we will have to haul in water.

Indy Power Wash

I've cleaned a lot of boats. Had one slipped on Lake Michigan for years.

Oxalic acid took the green gunk off like magic. Don't know about other bodies of water. Of course recovery is an issue.

welder

I worked at Anchor Point Marina for 4 yrs pumping gas in the summer, then washed and wrapped boats all fall. Years ago though. But I had a boat docked on Lake Erie for 5 years and part of the dock fee was washing the boat when the marina pulled it out. Here is my point. My boat had to be lifted in and out via a boat lift. When he washed it, he used water only. Me being the ignorant curious boat owner that I was, asked him about any soaps. He just told me he couldn't afford the fine for polluting the great lakes.

The key for him was to wash the boat as soon as it came out of the water. No dried algae or moss. Warning !! I have a old woodie and when the bottom paint started coming off I went ballistic. After talking to him and others, I came to find out that it is a common occurrence. Keep that in mind

There was a guy that drove around cleaning and shrink wrapping trailerd boats. He used some chems for that because the water hit the dirt and he said he didn't have to worry about it. Take it from there. This was in Toledo and Point Place, surrounded by Lake Erie waters.