PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Pressure Wash?

Carlos Gonzales
12-10-2009, 12:07 AM
huh...why you doing this business called pressure washing? :confused:

Florin Nutu
12-10-2009, 12:55 AM
When I was 15 and already out on my own. I came home from work late cause working the swingshift. There was a infomercial on for a seminar that claimed they can help you start your own business. One of the business they showed that was a success was a guy in shorts pulling in with a BMW and pressure washed and claimed he got rich the first year. I went to the seminar but could not afford the $10,000 that they asked for them to coach me.
I always knew I would start a business of my own. I come from business owners on both sides of my family going way back. Everytime I sat down and daydreamed about a biz my mind kept going back to the guy in shorts with a BMW.
About 5 years ago I finally decided to investigate the biz and quickly realized there aint no glamour in it. Found the various bbs's and I was hooked. Went thru alot of ups and downs in the 5 years on getting the biz going but now I feel my dreams will actually come true. Thats right, this is my dream job.

Florin Nutu
12-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Whats your story Los?

Roger Gothorp
12-10-2009, 08:17 AM
'Cause stuff is dirty :)

Jeff LeCours
12-10-2009, 08:38 AM
When I was 15 and already out on my own. I came home from work late cause working the swingshift. There was a infomercial on for a seminar that claimed they can help you start your own business. One of the business they showed that was a success was a guy in shorts pulling in with a BMW and pressure washed and claimed he got rich the first year. I went to the seminar but could not afford the $10,000 that they asked for them to coach me.
I always knew I would start a business of my own. I come from business owners on both sides of my family going way back. Everytime I sat down and daydreamed about a biz my mind kept going back to the guy in shorts with a BMW.
About 5 years ago I finally decided to investigate the biz and quickly realized there aint no glamour in it. Found the various bbs's and I was hooked. Went thru alot of ups and downs in the 5 years on getting the biz going but now I feel my dreams will actually come true. Thats right, this is my dream job.

Cool story Florin, I hear you my dreams are coming true and I still dream daily of what can be

I was in a work accident I was a Union Steel Painter sandblaster, took a 25 foot fall after a train smashed through a work platform containment and screwed myself up pretty bad for a couple years. Mom & Dad retired to Myrtle Beach, I was traveling a little and just being crazy. In 2000 I was still going crazy and then moved to Myrtle to be close to my Mom & Dad. I couldnt go back to the union job, just wasnt safe since my old injury.

I decided on the side to do PWing and I really liked it as a biz and saw so much potential and I really saw no other biz I could do and enjoy. Met a beautiful women married her and we wanted kids. I mapped out a biz plan in my head, told her about it and she said go for it. Now because of JL Pressure Washing I have everything I need and more, but I still dream and work towards more every day and you know something? I really see no limit. I can't wait for 2010 and the next decade to see where this all goes

BMW and shorts maybe

Good luck all!!

Jim Cooney
12-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Because I was born with duck feet. It is my calling.

Terry Miller
12-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Because I can.

Bill Booz
06-19-2012, 10:45 PM
For the $$$

Doug Rucker
06-20-2012, 06:11 AM
Because I love it.....

Randy Borio
06-20-2012, 09:38 PM
For the money, for the glory, and for the fun. But mostly for the fun. Now tell me who said that and what movie it's from. First right answer gets a T-shirt. Second right answer is the first loser.

Chris Apple
06-21-2012, 05:53 AM
I liked water guns as a kid

Doug Rucker
06-21-2012, 06:38 AM
For the money, for the glory, and for the fun. But mostly for the fun. Now tell me who said that and what movie it's from. First right answer gets a T-shirt. Second right answer is the first loser.

The Bandit in Smokey and The Bandit. (Character played by Burt Reynolds)

Ron Musgraves
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
I love it!!!!!!!

Chazz
06-21-2012, 10:31 AM
I love the different aspects of the business. Im always looking for the next best cleaning solution, next best tool or product to put memon top. The money is great and i love most of all whennim finished with the job the home owner will say things Oh My God, Awesome,I Cant Believe This
I should have done this sooner.
What i dont like is chemical in my eyes and chest
And all my clothes look like there tie tied.
And im not much of a mechanic

Ron Musgraves
06-21-2012, 03:55 PM
I love the different aspects of the business. Im always looking for the next best cleaning solution, next best tool or product to put memon top. The money is great and i love most of all whennim finished with the job the home owner will say things Oh My God, Awesome,I Cant Believe This

I really hate it in th eEYE

Aaron Ritchie
06-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Because I love it.....

Doug I love it to ,I've owned a pressure washer for years and I would only clean the brick that my Company layed and as I started cleaning other stuff I said this is what I want to do from now own,so I sold the masonry Co. and been doing this ever since!

Randy Borio
06-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Doug You get the shirt. PM me your address. The new shirts will be in in about a week.

Bill Booz
06-21-2012, 08:39 PM

Good call, that chem can be dangerous. If your working with Chlorine, try polyester cotton blends, they wont bleed or tear as easily from exposure.
You will be a mechanic :)

Chazz
06-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Ok thanks Bill

Doug Rucker
06-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Doug I love it to ,I've owned a pressure washer for years and I would only clean the brick that my Company layed and as I started cleaning other stuff I said this is what I want to do from now own,so I sold the masonry Co. and been doing this ever since!

That's cool Aaron,

Doug Rucker
06-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks Randy, got me some Texas PRIDE going on here.....wore it to dinner last night to Carrabba's. Course had to wear my PWI hat too. Which reminds me, we need a UAMCC hat

Randy Borio
06-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks Doug, if I get any calls from Texas I'll make sure I turn them over to you minus a small (85%) fee. Just like a property management firm.

John Orr
07-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Good call, that chem can be dangerous. If your working with Chlorine, try polyester cotton blends, they wont bleed or tear as easily from exposure.
You will be a mechanic :)

My uniforms are blue Dickies. They're almost impervious to chlorine and fade evenly over (a long) time. Oh, and I always carry a few bottles of water to flush eyes in the event of a splash. An eye wash station is on my todo list.

Gene Beck
01-03-2013, 11:59 PM
I have been in construction, concrete pumping, for years and made other people lots of money. My best friend started residential cleaning on the side and told me how well he was doing. Since my job at concrete pumping was in danger do to Obamanomics I decided to see what this was all about. I raised some money, bought a trailer and left it in gods hands. My best friend became my business partner last year. We're starting our 3rd year in business in March and have been blessed with over 100% growth per year thanks to God and the great people I have met. The work is hard, the hours are long, but the rewards are awsome. You people here at UAMCC are just the latest blessing. Here's hoping Obamas dream don't kill ours!

Brad Clonan
01-04-2013, 12:05 AM
I Just Love smelling like a YMCA all year round.

Chris Apple
01-05-2013, 12:13 PM
I have been in construction, concrete pumping, for years and made other people lots of money. My best friend started residential cleaning on the side and told me how well he was doing. Since my job at concrete pumping was in danger do to Obamanomics I decided to see what this was all about. I raised some money, bought a trailer and left it in gods hands. My best friend became my business partner last year. We're starting our 3rd year in business in March and have been blessed with over 100% growth per year thanks to God and the great people I have met. The work is hard, the hours are long, but the rewards are awsome. You people here at UAMCC are just the latest blessing. Here's hoping Obamas dream don't kill ours!

A lot of guys have made their way to this industry from some type of construction. I'm one.

Peter Beckers jr
01-05-2013, 05:23 PM
My sister and her other half were expanding a hood washing company and asked me to come on board to help them out. Short time later I was running the 2nd crew. It was good money and work was not to bad except for some of those new customers that didn't know the word cleaning and for the cashew chicken places bad grease. We are in Springfield MO cashew chicken capitol of the world, we did one place that had bought a exhaust fan and had no idea the fan was way to big we found a whole chicken in it. The workers said they no wear hats or have towel it take off take off, the fan was so big it pulled their hats off and the filters that were there were so beat up they were no good. This was my intro into pressure washing. I liked it, something about cleaning you know where to start and when it is done simple but each job is different and growing and learning is the best part pressure is becoming a science. After a couple of years they were well established and my farther started a antique hardware store so I quit and helped grow that company. We sold the hardware company and went back to machine and lathe work and mechanic work but got carpel tunnel in my hands could not hold tools or could not release them some days. I needed something else to do. Started "Cleaned by Pete" here in Springfield MO. We do all types of of water pressure cleaning including "dry steam" media blasting. I still like squirting water and have made a living off of it thus far. Even though I think I live in the "LOW BALL" capitol of the world where everyone uncle has a "power washin' sprayer" and can wash a house for some extra money. Not to exciting or grand but I wash because I like it and you can see you made a differance.

Art Oliveri
01-06-2013, 10:33 AM
A lot of guys have made their way to this industry from some type of construction. I'm one.

I'm with you on that Chris.

Richard Smith
01-07-2013, 03:41 AM
My grandfather was my idle growing up. He would work as a crane operator until he could start his won manufacturing business. If it failed he would go back earn enough money and start again until he got it right. I always wanted to be like him. I had a couple of uncles that was also business owners. One day my brother talked me into cleaning hog barns and it took off from their. Struggling hear and their but you could not get me back in a factory.

Richard Smith
01-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Chazz we are all Mechanic in some form. If you are not I hope you got someone good and cheap to work on your equipment.