• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Need info on high rise window washing

Lonnie Greenwood

We have the opportunity to clean the building below, but they are also wanting us to provide a bid to wash the windows while we are cleaning the building. This will include swing stage work and we are trying to get an idea of what to charge per window. We have experience cleaning windows, but just not experienced in pricing for a high rise. Anyone have an idea on what to charge per window? It's an 11 story building.

101_0809.jpg

Chris Tharpe

not sure about the pricing but make sure your inline with insurance coverages that high up. Something to remember when looking into taller buildings as most insurance coverages go up to 4-5 stories

Lonnie Greenwood

Yes you are correct i know all about safety and insurance requirement. I know about swing stage set up and a lift involved permits so much to consider when bidding a job of this size.

Brian Wendling

I had a 15 story building this year that was in the middle of a city and we were going to power wash it and then they wanted the windows done. I went to get a sub and they said no. So I started to look into it and when I talked about price they said I was crazy and they could get a company to do the windows much cheaper. So I said let them do it after I wash and they said well they also want to wash it and gave a cheap price to do both.
I lost the job but was not going to do it that cheap so watch out for the window guys they can be cheap.

Jim Cooney

The commercial window cleaning industry are all lowballers, at least here in Arizona. My window sub knows how to bid my commercial work, but tells me he get 4 to 5 times more doing residential work.

Call Al at Skyline Window Cleaning; 602 763-7607. He'll give you pricing information. All skyline does is swing stage and high rise work. Tell Al I sent you.

Lonnie Greenwood

Thank you Jim. I really appreciate the hookup. I will give him a shout tomorrow. It my rain here tomorrow in Florida so my work may be on standby. Have a great night.

Jim Cooney

Thank you Jim. I really appreciate the hookup. I will give him a shout tomorrow. It my rain here tomorrow in Florida so my work may be on standby. Have a great night.

Rain ??? I've heard of rain, don't get much here. But when we do, sure helps with the rinsing.

Good luck Lonnie, hope you land the job.