• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

House Washing Flow Chart

DJ Carroll

What do you think?

Attachments

• House Wash Flow Chart.jpg
    House Wash Flow Chart.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 141
  • House Wash Flow Chart Cont..jpg
    House Wash Flow Chart Cont..jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 94

Wesley Teston

Scrappy, why do you remove ds tubing after soaping? To keep down on trips to the trailer just have your guys rinse with a m5. Removing tubing after you soap a part of the house is wasted time. You could also eliminate another step in your flow chart by installing a hudson float valve in your tank, then your guys wouldn't have to worry about the ball valve you have at your tank. After 9 years of doing this, keep it very simple when it comes to employees.

Another piece of advice when it comes to employees, hire guys with a sense of pride and good personalitys. I have had guys that worked great with their hands but had the personality of a rock, I have also had guys over the years that weren't as good with their hands and couldn't clean as fast but always made time to talk to the home owners. The next year when the customer calls back I have had several ask for Donald or Eddie not because they were fast or made the job look super easy but because they made the customer feel important. I have never had a customer call back and ask for the employee that washed his/her home really fast last year.

Just something to think about for 2010, I see your gearing up for the new season and wanted to share that with you.

Florin Nutu

You forgot the step where you have to talk to the little old lady that lives at the house for 30+ minutes cause shes lonely. Or you having to jump the fence or set up ladders cause the customer forgot to unlock the gate.:saai:

plainpainter

Some of these answers are illuminating. It seems guys go on rants about super duty wash trailers with twin 8gpm guns a blazing - emphasizing speed, efficiency, blah blah blah. When in reality we're selling ourselves, we are selling our likability - I mean some homeowners like to watch and follow the process and see the transformation. Some guys think that's a nuisance {me included} but in reality these homeowners are paying for that experience, like they pay to go to a movie theatre. When you really think about it - we're in Show-Business not pressure washing. And with a 4-5 gpm machine and a great attitude we can sell great 'theatre' - chit chat with homeowners - and make more money than the super duty two man 24+ gpm 325 gallon capacity trailer that can hose down a 5,500 McMansion in 15 minutes flat and move. Heck - if some guy washed my house $350 and spent a total of 15 minutes - I'd feel cheated too.

Jeff LeCours

Some of these answers are illuminating. It seems guys go on rants about super duty wash trailers with twin 8gpm guns a blazing - emphasizing speed, efficiency, blah blah blah. When in reality we're selling ourselves, we are selling our likability - I mean some homeowners like to watch and follow the process and see the transformation. Some guys think that's a nuisance {me included} but in reality these homeowners are paying for that experience, like they pay to go to a movie theatre. When you really think about it - we're in Show-Business not pressure washing. And with a 4-5 gpm machine and a great attitude we can sell great 'theatre' - chit chat with homeowners - and make more money than the super duty two man 24+ gpm 325 gallon capacity trailer that can hose down a 5,500 McMansion in 15 minutes flat and move. Heck - if some guy washed my house $350 and spent a total of 15 minutes - I'd feel cheated too.

Now you know how your parents feel LOL

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
Dan that is a very inappropriate post of a photo on an organization web site. I hope a Mod takes it down soon. It does not offend me but we do have some of the better gender that do visit here. Have a little class.

Ken Fenner

Scrappy, why do you remove ds tubing after soaping? To keep down on trips to the trailer just have your guys rinse with a m5. Removing tubing after you soap a part of the house is wasted time. You could also eliminate another step in your flow chart by installing a hudson float valve in your tank, then your guys wouldn't have to worry about the ball valve you have at your tank. After 9 years of doing this, keep it very simple when it comes to employees.

Another piece of advice when it comes to employees, hire guys with a sense of pride and good personalitys. I have had guys that worked great with their hands but had the personality of a rock, I have also had guys over the years that weren't as good with their hands and couldn't clean as fast but always made time to talk to the home owners. The next year when the customer calls back I have had several ask for Donald or Eddie not because they were fast or made the job look super easy but because they made the customer feel important. I have never had a customer call back and ask for the employee that washed his/her home really fast last year.

Just something to think about for 2010, I see your gearing up for the new season and wanted to share that with you.

Great response and good catches. Rinsing with enough back pressure by changing nozzles will reduce a bunch of walkbacks to the truck.

Jim Chesmore

Thats some good stuff Wesley