• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Great to find you guys!

buildingbath

I have been contemplating starting an initially small pressure cleaning operation and didnt know such a great idea was on the web or such an organization existed.

I have a domain name (buildingbath.com but nothing built yet) and that's it. I had a very small pressure cleaning business about 7 years ago but wasnt serious as it was a weekend thing. I am now far more intrigued with it and would love a change from what I have been doing last 2 years (Call Center - Verizon).

There is a local pressure washing machine business here but wanted to see what my options are and acquire needed equipment at best rates over time and hope to be operational within a few months.

I am in Tampa, FL and look forward to any feedback you might offer.

Yours Truly,

Ben Navarre

Chris Tharpe

My thought are to move to another state, :yes: then start a business in this industry. I am not saying it is not possible but the competition in your state is tremendous and very cut-throat. There are members on this forum that have built a successful business in this industry. Most importantly you need to get a business plan together and see what it is you would like to do with the business. Call other guys in your area some of which may be willing to share advice with you however don't get offended if they object to training their competition. You may even consider going to another part of the state and working aside some contractors to get a feel for methods and areas to pursue in the industry.

Ken Fenner

Hi Ben. Welcome to the UAMCC forum. No doubt you have a tough market down there. We have some great distributor members and a some sound business minds here. Feel free to read through the archives and ask questions.

buildingbath

Florida is definately high competition but there is plenty to go around. What particular must-haves should I be focusing on for a start-up with regard to basic equipment? Can you recommend any equipment dealers in the Tampa Bay area? I would be willing to provide some free weekend labor in exchange for some added experience if anyone is interested.

Ben

Guy Blackmon

12 ft. duel axle trailer, 5gpm (or higher, more gpm= faster work, time is $$$$) 3500 psi hot water skid, 200-300 gal tank, 2- 35 gal chem tanks, 20-24" surface cleaner, (Min.) 200' high pressure hose.

Minimum $1,000,000 General Liability Insurance ($1200.00 per year)

That's just for starters.

$400.00+, for spare parts, ie. nozzles, swivels, QC'c, down stream injectors, O-rings, Turbo nozzle, extra hose, etc

Minimum $2000.00 for marketing start-up, Logo, Biz cards, ads, signs, brochures, website, etc.

Don't buy new equipment, there's plenty of good low hour stuff out there for 1/3 the price. You just have to know what you're buying.

There's plenty more but thats just off the top of my head.

Randy Borio

Hi Ben and WELCOME. The best advice I could give Guy already posted. Make real good friends with the counter guys at your local P.W. dealer or R.S.C. Equipment Rental or Sunbelt. The equipment will be well maintained, all you need to find is one with low hours and/or recent overhaul.

buildingbath

Thank you very much..... thats awesome advice. What's an R.S.C dealer? By Sunbelt, do you mean an equipment rental company?

Thanks a lot, Guy, and everyone for your feedback

Ben

Jeff LeCours

Good luck Ben, with a good biz mind and hard work and really busting your butt for a few years, you can get a good biz going in Tampa

Good luck

Jim Cooney

Welcome Ben to the forum. Best of luck to you. Lots of great professionals on this board and you'll find awesome advice, like what Guy provided.

Guy Blackmon

Ben, I didn't (don't) mean to discourage you from getting into this Industry. A lot of the people I have met and learned from are on this board, the advice you are getting, are from mistakes we have made, the advise given (if put into dollar amount) is worth thousands of dollars.

I did a year of research before my Son and I started our business. Took business classes, studied my Market, figured out what my target market was, equipment research, chemical research, marketing research, lurked every pressure washing board out there. Soaked up every bit of knowledge I could find before we bought our first rig.

By doing this, you set up your business to succeed not fail.

Learn, read, study, ask questions, then pull the trigger!!!

Tomdurbin

Contributing Member
Ben,

If you go into more specialyzed cleaning you will find limited competition. We offer everything from equipment to a jump start program that offers business plans, marketing support, website, 24 hour hotline, brochures, web hosting etc... Give me a call if you would like some advice.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ben you still around here bro?
I have been contemplating starting an initially small pressure cleaning operation and didnt know such a great idea was on the web or such an organization existed.

I have a domain name (buildingbath.com but nothing built yet) and that's it. I had a very small pressure cleaning business about 7 years ago but wasnt serious as it was a weekend thing. I am now far more intrigued with it and would love a change from what I have been doing last 2 years (Call Center - Verizon).

There is a local pressure washing machine business here but wanted to see what my options are and acquire needed equipment at best rates over time and hope to be operational within a few months.

I am in Tampa, FL and look forward to any feedback you might offer.

Yours Truly,

Ben Navarre