• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

When is Volume Work considered Volume Work?

Carlos Gonzales

Okay...real quick...you have the chance to land 6 stores

14 stores...?

37 stores??

52 stores...?

When do you cross that line and say I am in volume work now and must price accordingly.

I am not looking for pricing here as that is your own business....:yes:

Looking for when you cross that "volume bridge" and use a different formuly for voulume pricing!!

Ken Fenner

I scale it depending on the situation. Not much volume discount on stores because of the logistics of setup and travel. I don't chase the piece meal commercial work so I cannot give you a hard core schedule of discounts. On multi unit projects, I drop my prices by as much as 60% depending on the volume. That would be in the 100+ unit range.

Chris Tharpe

We have given a $6.00 break on fast food restaurants but that was for 18 stores. Other than that the price is the same, however $6.00 equals a free cleaning once per month when doing stores on 15 day service so it saves them roughly $2800 per year.

Carlos Gonzales

We have given a $6.00 break on fast food restaurants but that was for 18 stores. Other than that the price is the same, however $6.00 equals a free cleaning once per month when doing stores on 15 day service so it saves them roughly $2800 per year.

I like that...good formula there Chris. Thanks ...ohhh...congrats on the new Baby......Wow.....You are going to be a Dad!!!! :clap:

Terry Miller

I consider Volume work when it is beyond normal. Having to possibly hire more or working extensive hours. Working a few hrs. doesn't count. If I have to extend ourselves for a period of time, it becomes volume for us.

Carlos Gonzales

Another way that I am looking at this is:

I have been marketing pretty hard the last 90 days...in your face type stuff. I was able to get a district manager to take notice. She has 12 stores that are under her care...in order to get the pricing she and I are looking to agree on...12 stores must be part of the equation (volume). I am leaving some wiggle room with her because there are an additional 100+ stores that I am ultimately going after but I need to deliver the top notch service that I promised for the first 12.

Ken Fenner

Carlos, you know the drill. Bill for what is being offered. You are smart to leave a little it of margin if you pick up more stores because a further discount would be expected.

First time cleans are always more expensive than maintenance cleans. You can make a choice to bill it in as an average over the life of the contract (ie eat the extra time and recoup it over the long haul) or have two prices. I do two prices because I learned that people can cancel contracts and legal recovery is not worth the cost. You end up just taking it on the chin.