• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Downstreaming

Mike Fox

I am interested in DS and have a quick question. I have 8.5GPM 3000 PSI system. I have a Hi-draw injector but was curious where I must introduce this to the system? Should it be directly after the pump or can I install further down by the hose reel?

Thanks

Ken Fenner

Some guys prefer putting it at the hose reel. We place ours directly after the pump. The key for good DS results are having your entire system tuned for it. (< 200' of hose, hi draw injector, the right size hose for your output, the right size orifice in your gun and of course the right size orifice nozzles)

Jim Cooney

Ball valves at my reels, which allow us to attach our Allison Super Sudders when we are downstreaming, then we disconnect them, turn up the heat and spinners away.

Guy Blackmon

Jim, I just started disconnecting the ds'ers when we use the surface cleaners last week. I could really tell a difference! Good Tip!

Jim Cooney

400 PSI in my case. Less restriction through the coupler. I'll post a picture of my set-up. I'll try and remember to take the picture tomorrow.

Another good tip is never downstream with your heat on. Cuts down the flow.

Carlos Gonzales

400 PSI in my case. Less restriction through the coupler. I'll post a picture of my set-up. I'll try and remember to take the picture tomorrow.

Another good tip is never downstream with your heat on. Cuts down the flow.

I would be interested in seeing this Jim. I am moving some things around on my set up and the Ball Valve set up is worth looking at I think! I would appreciate it.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I've actually used a ds'er with 400' of hose...I just quick connected it at 300'. Normally, I have the ds'er quick connected just past the coil.