• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Interior Cleaning Project - Great Winter Project

Mathew Johnson

This is an interior project that we started today. It is an engineering lab for welding process development. They repair power plant turbines in addition to other specialized welding repairs.

It is the most technically difficult project that we have done to date. And yes we are cleaning it by hand. The tarped equipment are several laser guided computerized robotic welding machines.

The large area that you see is one third of the complex and we will be cleaning all of it.

Three of us worked today. One on the lift and two on the walls (scaffolding and ladders). One guy was up on the cat walk of the 68000 pound crane. for part of the morning.

This is a whole new revenue stream for us during the winter. We have already lined up another shop at a volkswagon / audi dealership after this one.

It is great winter work.

Attachments

• IMG00040-20100104-1235.jpg
    IMG00040-20100104-1235.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG00041-20100104-1235.jpg
    IMG00041-20100104-1235.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG00042-20100104-1235.jpg
    IMG00042-20100104-1235.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG00044-20100104-1236.jpg
    IMG00044-20100104-1236.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG00043-20100104-1236.jpg
    IMG00043-20100104-1236.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 51

Mathew Johnson

I wish it was that simple. Spray detergent on... 5-10 second dwell time... wipe off soot and carbon, spray on rinse and wipe again. LOL - still pretty simple. I also have the exterior booked for the spring, cant wait to actually use a pressure washer on the property.

The interior will cost between 6-8 K. Billing it out as time plus materials.

DJ Carroll

how much time you thinking on something like that Matt ..... No thanks for me!!!! I'll stick to doing my business cards lol

Mathew Johnson

Finshed the project today. It went really well and paid $$$$$$$, The owner stopped by yesterday and was very pleased. He booked us for two other large facilities to do in two weeks from now. I sent some pics to the VW AUDI dealership this afternoon. The want to meet with us in the morning.

We were able to work around all of the equipment and it went flawlessly. Here are a couple more pics.

Attachments

• marketing ba interior2.jpg
    marketing ba interior2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 37
  • marketing ba interior copy.jpg
    marketing ba interior copy.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 37
  • wview.jpg
    wview.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 27

Mathew Johnson

Thanks Ken.

My goal is to do four more (have three already) of these type projects between now and March 15th. It is hard work, but it pays well.

I will be writing the web content for my "Interior Cleaning" page this weekend and will have KBK design a brochure for this line of cleaning over the summer to start winter marketing in August / early September.

Of interesting note: I have really cut back on BBS time and posting. This is the only BBS that I really spend a little time on. The reallocated time to marketing and lead development has paid dividends. Ken, It is not that I do better than others thinking about work during downtime, I have found that I am just spending time doing it. Plus I am nowhere near as frustrated from the nonsense (LOL).

DJ Carroll

I still like my snow lol We got slammed today just got in been out since 6 am!!!!! 18 Hours in that beast!!!! not bad though grossed over 4k in 18 hours with just two trucks!!! God I love snow!!!

Mathew Johnson

I still like my snow lol We got slammed today just got in been out since 6 am!!!!! 18 Hours in that beast!!!! not bad though grossed over 4k in 18 hours with just two trucks!!! God I love snow!!!

I agree DJ, Snow removal is a service that we are looking at adding for 2010 -2011. It is good money for sure.

Matt