• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

New Beginnings

Chris Eichler

Hello,

My name is Chris Eichler and I live in OHIO.

My background has been in the textile floor cleaning and restoration industry for the last 20 years.

I am now interested in diversifying into the exterior maintenance of homes. Specifically roof cleaning. Of course I would like to offer all exterior cleaning services.

What I hope to gain from this forum is knowledge. A chance to learn from the experts to help me advance my learning curve.

So I ask the experts, if you could take all your experience and knowledge and start over how would you do it?

What equipment, cleaning solutions, and marketing efforts would you use? How would you structure your pricing to be economical for the consumer but yet profitable for the company?

I look forward to learning from the gurus of this industry.

Sincerely,
Chris Eichler

Tim Fields

Hi Chris,

I am not an expert or a guru. But I do want to be the first to welcome you to the UAMCC board.

You will pick up a lot of good information as you search though past posts, then feel free to post any specific questions that you may have.

It is a good idea to go to User CP (above left) and fill out your signature that gives some basic info about yourself.

Again, welcome to the UAMCC

Carlos Gonzales

Hi Chris,

I am not an expert or a guru. But I do want to be the first to welcome you to the UAMCC board.

You will pick up a lot of good information as you search though past posts, then feel free to post any specific questions that you may have.

It is a good idea to go to User CP (above left) and fill out your signature that gives some basic info about yourself.

Again, welcome to the UAMCC

What Tim said.....

I saw that you registered over on the UAMCC website. Good stuff.

Welcome aboard Chris!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Chris Eichler

Thanks Carlos.

Well I am not sure if any is every truly an expert but I know there are many who will self-proclaim they are. LOL

What I was trying to say is I seek the knowledge of those who have beein doing this for a while who could help one avoid the errors and pitfalls they may have faced as they built their own companies.

I know the area, Dayton, Ohio, has a terrifc opportunity for roof washing/cleaning.

So I thought what a great way to break into this industry. Since it is new to me it is exciting. So I seek to learn all I can as far as the best equipment, the best products, the best techniques to help me build an ethical, educated and quality company.

Florin Nutu

Welcome Chris.

Same suggestion as the above posts. There is alot of technical posts and threads out there that cover all you need to know on what machines, chemicals and processes. (Or at least to get you the basics). If you have further questions or something that doesnt make sense please ask away and most are more than happy to share.

Ken Fenner

Hello, Chris, welcome to the UAMCC forum.

If I had to start over I would be very careful with my advertising. I blew some big dollars saying yes to every advertising vendor that came a callin'. For strictly resi work I would not invest in a hot water machine but would use the dollars for a higher flow (gpm) machine. I would read more and not do a customer's house until i worked a few days with a company that knew what they were doing (good thing it was my aunt's house). There are tons of other things I could share but I'm gonna make ya work for them, Chris.