PDA

View Full Version : Here is what we are dealing with, Ron Musgraves

Ken Fenner
02-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Not what you think... haha... Ron, you are lucky to be in the desert. Just took a walk around my neighborhood. 27" on the ground and still snowing hard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/buried_car2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/buried_car.jpg

How's this for a snow drift? I am standing in a driveway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/drift.jpg

Entrance to my street

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/end_street.jpg

Not sure how tall these A/C units are?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/lots.jpg

opwdecks
02-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Looks like fun!

cleanhoods
02-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Lol tell him lol son you all are getting hit i thought we was in a war zone look at those pics man!!!!The kids and i would have a blast in somthing like that!!!!!!
Marko:biggrin:

plainpainter
02-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I still can't get over the fact that an east coast blizzard just passed by, and the north shore massachusetts didn't see one snow flake? HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!

cleanhoods
02-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Man making snow men building a snow fort snowball fights and tons of sledding.My son tried skiing for the first time and he said it was a blast that is one thing i havnt done and want to do for sure.
Marko

cleanhoods
02-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Those are some nice pics Ken.So who else is enjoying the snow instead of fighting it?

Ken Fenner
02-06-2010, 02:46 PM
I still can't get over the fact that an east coast blizzard just passed by, and the north shore massachusetts didn't see one snow flake? HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!

Wednesdays coastal storm is starting to come together in the models. that may be a big one for you guys, Dan.

Thanks, Marko! I love snow. Its down to just flurries now. Its still windy. Tomorrow going sledding. If you don't see me for a week or two it means I crashed into a wall. :Smiley-2142:

cleanhoods
02-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Lol Ken that reminds me of the kids they just find any hill to slide down even if its in the woods ,fences in the way, what eve,r they just find it.have fun you lucky dog!
Marko

Tony Shelton
02-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Ken, is that a Prius in your driveway you big liberal tree-hugger?:clap:

Greg Rentschler
02-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I love big events like that...... makes winter fun not too mention we can make big coin plowing :)

Indiana has been pretty mild so far this year unfortunately and we're in the snowbelt.

Ken Fenner
02-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Ken, is that a Prius in your driveway you big liberal tree-hugger?:clap:

:rofl: Nah, but there are plenty of them in my 'hood. (the l.t.h's) Believe it or not, I was standing in the middle of the street after the plow went by.

Eric Flynn
02-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Holy cow Ken!
It sure is beautiful, but yall can just keep all that snow up there! :biggrin:

Are you guys dealing with any power outages or anything?

~Jen

Ken Fenner
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I think the only thing that saved us, Jen was that the snow was the powdery kind so it didn't stick to tree limbs. I know Jersey is dealing with a bunch of people without power.

Jeff LeCours
02-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I think the only thing that saved us, Jen was that the snow was the powdery kind so it didn't stick to tree limbs. I know Jersey is dealing with a bunch of people without power.

WOW, Almost miss the stuff.....NAH

Man I would like to take my kids out in it.

Eric Flynn
02-06-2010, 08:36 PM
WOW, Almost miss the stuff.....NAH

Man I would like to take my kids out in it.

I know! It makes me want to make a snow angel!
Except with that much snow, I might sink and no one would be able to find me! :seeya:

~Jen

Jeff LeCours
02-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I know! It makes me want to make a snow angel!
Except with that much snow, I might sink and no one would be able to find me! :seeya:

~Jen

LOL, Did you see on Facebook, Terry Millers wife doing a snow angel? She was like in shorts and no jacket. Totally funny and a little crazy, check it out its nuts

Tim Fields
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM
We just got in from all day plowing. We don't do it for pay, only for love. We ended up with 28" before it started drifting. Only got the truck stuck three times today. We carry a snowblower for sidewalks, so it's pretty easy to get unstuck. Just makes one feel stupid (okay, I'm over that) for getting a four wheel drive with plow attached stuck.

Because we do it on a volunteer basis, I didn't run all night like I would have to do if we had a regular paying customer base. It probably would have been easier to start plowing yesterday than to fight two feet of it.

I do have more friends now than I do when it's nice out. At least
according to the incoming call log on my cell phone.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. For about the first ten minutes.

Tony Shelton
02-07-2010, 12:39 AM
We just got in from all day plowing. We don't do it for pay, only for love. We ended up with 28" before it started drifting. Only got the truck stuck three times today. We carry a snowblower for sidewalks, so it's pretty easy to get unstuck. Just makes one feel stupid (okay, I'm over that) for getting a four wheel drive with plow attached stuck.

Because we do it on a volunteer basis, I didn't run all night like I would have to do if we had a regular paying customer base. It probably would have been easier to start plowing yesterday than to fight two feet of it.

I do have more friends now than I do when it's nice out. At least
according to the incoming call log on my cell phone.

All in all, it was a lot of fun. For about the first ten minutes.

Wow Tim. That's great! You've reminded me just how little I've done to help others so far this year. Keep up the good work. You're building up a treasure.

Henry Bockman
02-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Rooftop Snow Removal and Ice Dam Removal
Is there anyone on here that offers these services in Maryland, Virginia or the District of Columbia? If you do offer this service, call me tomorrow morning on my cell at 240-274-0300 for referrals.

I'm logging close to 2,000 hits a day on my site and 300-500 calls a day for these services. I did a segment for Channel 9 news on Monday and 4 different segments for channel 5 news yesterday and we are completly buried under calls.

Chris Francis
02-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Man making snow men building a snow fort snowball fights and tons of sledding.My son tried skiing for the first time and he said it was a blast that is one thing i havnt done and want to do for sure.
Marko
forgot to say snowmobiling.

Beth Borrego
02-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Ken, we got that much too....for our area we broke a 100 year record. Not the kind of record anyone is ever in a hurry to break....

Beth

Ken Fenner
02-11-2010, 07:58 AM
It was crazy, Beth. Still beautiful this morning though. You're right, this was a one-two punch we will probably never see again in our lifetime.

Roger Gothorp
02-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I feel for you guys, really I do, but I have to tell you - from down here looking at photos - it looks so COOL! We would literally never survive 1/2 half of what you got....our area is just not equipped for that kind of stuff. We go into a strangle-hold at 6 inches. I can't imagine what almost 6 FEET would do.

Stay safe & warm guys :) Looks like a most excellent time to enjoy the family!

Beth Borrego
02-11-2010, 08:28 AM
In December we measured about 26" here. Last week we measure 31 and just over 36 here in our yard. We got another 24 yesterday. Our drifts are 5-7 feet for our area. All the shoveling I did yesterday has been filled back in from blowing wind, not too bad, but still....and I need to check the house later because that wind that kept me awake most of the night sounded like it was tearing us apart here. We will have snow in parking lots here in late April, I guarantee it.... ugly, messy, black, dirty, snow with birds perching on top....

Beth

Ken Fenner
02-11-2010, 08:39 AM
C, we're not really equipped for that much either. The only places that can handle it are the cities near the Great Lakes. Philadelphia brought some monstrous snow plows down from Erie. These things are like 12' tall. I can't even imagine what the city must be like. Many of those streets are barely wide enough to get a truck down without any snow piles. I hear a snow plow going down my street now. This is one time I actually appreciate the higher property taxes. They are predicting another possible coastal low forming on Monday though it should not be anywhere near these last two storms.

Tim Fields
02-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Our road is clear, in front of the house. I'll wait 'til the neighbor has his driveway cleared to get my bobcat back and head to town.

The State Police closed three roads in our county, we use two of those to get to civilization. Civilization in this case being a town of 500 people.

Eighteen inches on top of last weeks twenty eight inches.

Beth Borrego
02-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Ken, I think we should get some trucks, fill them, and have them haul it to Celeste's front yard and driveway.....
KIDDING....
Beth

plainpainter
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Being in Ma - between these two snowstorms the only thing we had up to now was a dusting on the ground this morning. Everyone in the greater Boston area is B/S at the weathermen for getting this one way wrong. Fortunately/Unfortunately I understand the science and mathematics behind weather prediction - and by definition it's a virtually impossible thing to forecast. I actually am surprised they dont' get it wrong more often.

Anyways it's nice being in an area that can get 100" of snow in a single season - to sit back and watch others get it for a change.

Ron Musgraves
05-24-2010, 01:31 AM
Not what you think... haha... Ron, you are lucky to be in the desert. Just took a walk around my neighborhood. 27" on the ground and still snowing hard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/buried_car2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/buried_car.jpg

How's this for a snow drift? I am standing in a driveway.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/drift.jpg

Entrance to my street

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/end_street.jpg

Not sure how tall these A/C units are?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/pressurepros/lots.jpg

That post was from Months ago, texting emailing constent message and using my name. Suggesting over and over again and again.

Ron Musgraves
08-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Here's what I'm dealing with today!

About 112

Gene Fivel
08-28-2011, 04:40 PM
107 here .....55 days above 100 .....no rain

Ron Musgraves
09-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Finally broke below 100

Ron Musgraves text me 480-5225227 ???Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Orr