• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Home Shows

Randy Borio

Good morning,
Since the Home Show season is here, didn't someone have a list of what to do and not to do, before, during, and after the show? I seem to recall Jen or Celeste had something posted a while back. Any help would be great. We have the brochures, pens, business cards, a popcorn machine, and a fence section that is clean on one half, "aged" on the other, ready to go. Also have before and after pictures with voice and music running on Power Point on the laptop.

Randy Borio

Hey there WCB, Randy Borio from Panther Outdoor here, you are in the right place to learn. There are a bunch of really great people here will be glad to help. What would you like to know, cause if you want to learn about Home Shows we are doing our first one this weekend. I will have more for you on that Monday. Follow Jen's link to her article and use the search box to get the first two parts. Anything else just ask or browse the board.

Randy Borio

Holy crap on a cracker!!!!! Just got home from the first day of the Home Show, on my feet and talking from 9:30 this morning till about 20 minutes ago. I won't say another word all night. Pulled 11 good solid leads to day. Don't have the attendance numbers for today. They tell me Sunday after 11 am it gets BRUTAL until 3 then nothing the last hour. So here's to Sunday. I'm gonna go soak my throat in some ice cream.

Greg Rentschler

We're doing the same..... makes for a longgg day. Then next week we have two shows going on the same weekend. Typcially 9000 in attendence per show so these are the money makers.

By May I'll be about tired of this and be ready for winter again :rolleyes:

Randy Borio

OK now I feel like a baby, we had a total of 229 sign up at the show in 2 days, with 25 confirm for an estimate. The head count for the ones that didn't sign up, but listened to the pitch was about another 100, and I'm wore out.The total through the door for this show was in the 2,000 range. How do you handle 9,000???

Ken Fenner

The Philly Home Show goes for 8 days with 50,000 visitors. Can you imagine workin that?

What do you guys pay per s/f of booth space?

Chris Apple

OK now I feel like a baby, we had a total of 229 sign up at the show in 2 days, with 25 confirm for an estimate. The head count for the ones that didn't sign up, but listened to the pitch was about another 100, and I'm wore out.The total through the door for this show was in the 2,000 range. How do you handle 9,000???

Wow, talk about lead generation!

We went to the Little Rock home show this afternoon. I looked into doing it but just didnt have time to put it together. I will next year definately. There is a smaller one in a few months that I will do for sure.

A few things that I noticed or people I met:

- I met some local roof cleaning competition. The local Roof a cide franchise. I guess it made me jealous they were set up there! lol

- Made contact with a Wood restoration company. This is great because I dont do wood and Ive never had someone reliable to refer folks to. This is someone I need to build a relationship with.

- Walked around the arena 3 or 4 times and only had one booth ever bother to come out and talk to me.

- Only stayed a few hours but got some great ideas on what would look good for a booth and what wouldnt.

- Being Sunday afternoon everyone looked very tired!

Greg Rentschler

It's a little chaotic - we usually have to have 2 to 3 guys manning the booth. The tough part this coming weekend is we have 2 home shows going and they both do about 9,000 in attendence.

In the summer months we do the local fairs - 150,000 &225,000 in attendence but unfortunately you dont get them all through the vendor area.

Randy Borio

OK sorry this took so long to post. I tried once from the phone but the internet crapped out and to be honest I've been running hard and heavy bidding since the show. An 8 X 8 booth cost me 650. but has paid for itself so far. That came with 35 radio ads that I could run any way I wanted on the radio station. I have finally figured out that radio does nothing for us. People need to see what we do. That gives the Holy Crap factor.... You know clean a few feet of concrete of fence and the look at it and say Holy S*&t. So radio really doesn't work for that. My new big question is has anybody tried billboards?