• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

My whole body hurts

Ward & Co. LLC

I am extremely new to the industry and was asked to pressure wash 13 gas stations. The manager wanted the front parking spaces as well as the front sidewalks cleaned.

I rented a Mi-T-M 4004. 4000 psi at 4.0 GPM. I had a lot of fun on the first day and finished two locations in a little over 7 hrs.

I woke up the next morning and could hardly move my right shoulder. I guess the constant repetition of moving the wand caused me to tighten up a little.

Anyway, I finished up the last one today and my entire body is stuck in a "hunched over, arms extended" pose.

If I continue my pressure washing enterprise, I am definitely going to invest in a surface washer.

Now, how was my progress? I was cleaning approximately 2100 sf in 2-3 hours depending on traffic and how many times I had to move the truck (I was hampered by having only a 50 ft hose). All I had was the wand with a 15 degree nozzle.

Jim Cooney

Good exercise, HUH ? I'm in my 50's, and have things on me that hurt I never knew I owned !!!!

Wait until you run a 9 GPM wand doing vertical walls or parking garage ceilings for a 10 hour shift.

A surface cleaner will make your jobs go quicker, and turn out better.

Good luck. Feel free to email me with any questions you might have.

Ken Fenner

With hot water, a high flow machine and a surface cleaner you would be doing 2100 s/f in approx 30-45 mins.

I hope you realize you could be facing a $10,000 fine if you are not containing your runoff. Be careful.

Jim Cooney

I am extremely new to the industry and was asked to pressure wash 13 gas stations. The manager wanted the front parking spaces as well as the front sidewalks cleaned.

I rented a Mi-T-M 4004. 4000 psi at 4.0 GPM. I had a lot of fun on the first day and finished two locations in a little over 7 hrs.

I woke up the next morning and could hardly move my right shoulder. I guess the constant repetition of moving the wand caused me to tighten up a little.

Anyway, I finished up the last one today and my entire body is stuck in a "hunched over, arms extended" pose.

If I continue my pressure washing enterprise, I am definitely going to invest in a surface washer.

Now, how was my progress? I was cleaning approximately 2100 sf in 2-3 hours depending on traffic and how many times I had to move the truck (I was hampered by having only a 50 ft hose). All I had was the wand with a 15 degree nozzle.

And please add your signature to your profile.

Chris Apple

A little soreness justs lets you know youve done something!

Of course my girlfriend drug me into our local drug store yesterday to check my blood pressure.

First major estimate of the year and I have chest pains. LOL darn anxiety

Jon Chapman

Man, join the club. Ive got sore on sore, but muscles I never had when I was younger. I have actually been glad to be a little slow last 2 months so my back could recover from a busy nov/dec.

Stay with it, but invest that money in better equipment that lets you go faster and makes life easier.

ABMCleaning

Ditto on what the others have said...the surface cleaner was one of the best investments I made especially if you are doing any amount of flatwork at all...aches and pains..oh yeah I feel all 52 years every morning...for any of you guys that are ancient like me...Osteo Bi-Flex....this stuff is great..after taking it for 2 weeks the difference in joint flexiblity and soreness is unbelievable..