• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

I want an Ipad

Florin Nutu

Just demo'ed one today. I think it will be perfect for my biz style. Gonna wait till the 3g model comes out next month. Anybody else try it or get one?

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Re: I want an IPad

I just spoke with my Dad (a computer/engineering software Guru) and he was sent a review copy of a Droid version of the iPad. Costs about $250 and has a 7" screen. The big downside is that there are only 70 or so Apps.

Terry Miller

Florin, We already use a table for business. I would like to get a Kindle. I enjoy a good read. I try to keep work and relaxing seperate. The IPad would be an awsome toy!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Re: I want an IPad

I just spoke with my Dad (a computer/engineering software Guru) and he was sent a review copy of a Droid version of the iPad. Costs about $250 and has a 7" screen. The big downside is that there are only 70 or so Apps.

Who sell this Ipad droid? I would like to look at them.

Terry Miller

Come On work Harder! We want to hear about it. LOL
I saw the comparison between the IPad and Kindle. The Kindle is better for reading and IPad for everything else. The IPad goes up to 1K and the Kindle is $260. Both would be pretty cool.

Florin Nutu

Come On work Harder! We want to hear about it. LOL
I saw the comparison between the IPad and Kindle. The Kindle is better for reading and IPad for everything else. The IPad goes up to 1K and the Kindle is $260. Both would be pretty cool.

Its not about price. Its mine there. Right now they only have the wi-fi model out. I need the 3g model which I can access the net wherever I am at on the field.

I plan on using it with my quickbooks online and be able to invoice or estimate on the spot at a job or input expenditures.

Accept credit card on the spot via apps.

Calendar right there in the thin Ipad that I can place in my leather notebook that I carry around.

Holds photos and albums for on the spot showing of before and afters.

Can make a apple version of a powerpoint presentation on it which i can let customer view while I am measuring their property.

Respond to the umpteenth email accounts I have on a more full size keyboard.

10+ hours battery life.

Can download a tom-tom app and can be used as navigation.

Has a app for a milleage calculator that you push one button at beginning of a trip and it calculates all your mileage.

Internet surfing on there is just plain awesome.

The only thing it dont do is apply wood stripper on a deck but am sure an app is coming out soon for that.

Bryan Otten

I got an Ipad I got it two days ago it is cool as **** ..:Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010:

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I got an Ipad I got it two days ago it is cool as **** ..:Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010:

I wish I had gone to the store right away, I want two of them. I do however want the 3g

Florin Nutu

So is it kinda like a huge iphone w/o the phone?

Yep pretty much but the big screen makes all the difference with everything you do on it. I see it as a thinned down laptop/organizer.

There is even a way around it by not being a phone. There is an app or service out there that you can get a call via the net and on to a bluetooth headset. Dont really care for that feature though. Still gonna use my blackberry for calls.