• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

1 demo = 12 new shopping centers

Jim Cooney

Spent about 2 hours with a PM yesterday surveying 3 of his shopping centers. The (now previous) "contractor" did little more than despicable work and criminal damage to the concrete. Offered him a free demonstration. Went and got one of my trailers, returned about an hour later and did a couple hundred square foot. Received the signed quarterly contracts for 12 shopping centers today.

It's out there folks, go sell quality, not quantity of low prices. The reality is 50% of the "contractors" out there give this entire industry a bad image. Quality, dependability and consistent communication are a refreshing change for most PM's.

Greg Nash

Jim my problem with shopping center PMs is i can never get a face to face. I dont usually have a problem selling the work when I can actually get them in front of me. Your right but its probably more like 70 percent of the contractors that are hacks at least in florida.

Carlos Gonzales

Spent about 2 hours with a PM yesterday surveying 3 of his shopping centers. The (now previous) "contractor" did little more than despicable work and criminal damage to the concrete. Offered him a free demonstration. Went and got one of my trailers, returned about an hour later and did a couple hundred square foot. Received the signed quarterly contracts for 12 shopping centers today.

It's out there folks, go sell quality, not quantity of low prices. The reality is 50% of the "contractors" out there give this entire industry a bad image. Quality, dependability and consistent communication are a refreshing change for most PM's.

Way to go Jim....demos work for me. Been pushing them since January. Picked up a major client about a week or so ago. Been out at night doing the work mixed in with the day washes. Heading out in about an hour and half to wash! All from a demo...:smile:

Jim Cooney

Jim my problem with shopping center PMs is i can never get a face to face. I dont usually have a problem selling the work when I can actually get them in front of me. Your right but its probably more like 70 percent of the contractors that are hacks at least in florida.

Getting past the "gatekeeper" at the PM's office is the major hurdle. His/her job is to prevent sales calls. My work and reputation that I have built over the years is beginning to pay off. This PM was referred to me by the VP of a large PM company that I do all of their properties.

Word of mouth referrals are priceless. Let the quality of your work justify your job costs. My new PM confided to me that my contract price was better than twice of what they've been paying. For those that know me I do not work cheap, and have never done flatwork for less than $0.065 a square foot, and that is only 1 86,000 square foot project I do 4 times a year, the flagship of one of my PM companies. I still average $100 a man hour on that project, gross.

70% is probably more accurate, I totally agree bro. I don't know how you guys survive in the Southeast at the ridiculously low sq ft rates.

Jim Cooney

Way to go Jim....demos work for me. Been pushing them since January. Picked up a major client about a week or so ago. Been out at night doing the work mixed in with the day washes. Heading out in about an hour and half to wash! All from a demo...:smile:

Thanks Carlos. Go get it, it's out there and the lowballers are fading into the sunset.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Way To go Jim, Live Demos work. We have gone to Live video Demos.

Live stream so we can allow them to watch in there office.

Of course we like the in person ones the best!!

Go get Kimco, less than a .05 per sq. they actually have a guy doing a good job...