• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof cleaning tarps???

Jeff LeCours

I have 8 large 3 story buildings where I will be doing the roofs. The buildings have NO gutters, not much of a pitch. They are long 150-200. What is the best to cover the ton of shrubs they have on the ground

I want to cover shrubs 100%. CLEAR PLASTIC sheeting, if I put that over the shrubs, will the heat being contained under the clear plastic, suck the life out of the top of the shrubs and brown the shrubs out?

What about Blue tarps? is that better or worse? Problem with blue tarps it will cost me a arm and a leg, for all the tarps I will be needing. I figure having at least two guys washing maybe three up on the roofs and 2 o3 guys on ground spraying water and moving tarps

I rather use plastic sheeting, it will be much cheaper, but years ago I painted a house and left plastic sheeting on shrubs during a hot day for like 5-7 hours and it sucked the life out of the top of the shrubs

What do you roof cleaning guys use?
Thank you

Scott Davis

Wow, we need more roof cleaners here. I posted this at PWI but here it is again...

Jeff, the clear painters plastic should be fine. just dont leave them on any longer than you have to. The runoff and dripping shouldnt last for more than 5-10 minutes tops and you can move them. Make sure your guys spray from the bottom up so that by the time they stop spraying that section the tarps are ready to be moved.