• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Filtering water on a house wash

DesertZoe

Hello, I am hoping some of you may be able to help some painters out! Does anyone have some ideas they would share on filtering/containing water on a house wash?

The RRP Rule states you must have plastic 10 feet from house and can only dispose of water (State laws vary), after filtering to 5 microns.

I have seen many of the impressive setups some of you have on Youtube for reclaiming water, but those all seem for commercial use or the driveway cleaners.

I know if I had a Pressure Washing Company in my area that could do house washes and follow RRP, I would sub it out for sure! I hope some of you are targeting the painting companies.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, I'd like to repost the info here, where I am a moderator.
Thanks!

Mathew Johnson

Hello, I am hoping some of you may be able to help some painters out! Does anyone have some ideas they would share on filtering/containing water on a house wash?

The RRP Rule states you must have plastic 10 feet from house and can only dispose of water (State laws vary), after filtering to 5 microns.

I have seen many of the impressive setups some of you have on Youtube for reclaiming water, but those all seem for commercial use or the driveway cleaners.

I know if I had a Pressure Washing Company in my area that could do house washes and follow RRP, I would sub it out for sure! I hope some of you are targeting the painting companies.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, I'd like to repost the info here, where I am a moderator.
Thanks!

We are licensed for RRP by the EPA and have already prepped a lead paint house for a paint company. If you would like to give me a call, I would be happy to tell you how we did it. It was actually pretty easy to do and we were paid ridiculous money ( 5 TO 8 times the amount of a house wash)

Michael Kreisle

Contributing Member
Just so folks know.... This is only a requirement on pre 1978 painted homes where lead is present.

We have simply stopped washing anything pre 1978 and letting painters deal with the lead paint crap. So far, most are just scraping, sanding and collecting dust/chips then sponge washing.

This is a PRIME example of where a ORG could help get our LOW PRESSURE proccesses national attention. We rarely disturb paint using our wash method but because so many contractors just blast with high pressure, the authorities assume we all do and have banned washing without recovering the water on pre 1978 painted exteriors.

DesertZoe

Thanks for clarifying, yes, I am only talking about pre 78. Actually, the rule is fairly vague. PW is not banned, and you do not have to reclaim the water, unless State, OHSA or LHSR kick in. You just have to control the dust, and if it is wet, you'd think no dust, eh!?:confused:

I do believe a PWer that can develop an efficient way to do this and provide this at a reasonable price to painters, could find a lot of work! Matthew sounds like he is working on it.

Thanks!

Jeff LeCours

Matt will take on a lot of specialty cleaning projects, even if he has to do it with spray bottle and rags, smart guy and makes some smart money doing the specialty work