• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Teaming up with a Fellow UAMCC member to do another parking garage.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
This is a parking garage that Me and Rob Huffman just completed last week. We blocked the drains as you can see in some of these pictures. We used sump pumps vacuums etc. to seperate the dirty water from the sludge. As for the Sludge that was a royal pain. We shovel thousands of lbs of it into numerous contractor garbage bags that when partly filled they weighed aprox 100lbs each. We were able to take this sludge and dump it on the property site where they had a designated dumpster for this only. This was the hardest part of the job but thankfully we did not need permits to transport this sludge since the place had that covered.

This was a 215,000 sq foot garage that is 5 levels and besides that flatwork we had to clean all stairwells and elevator landings along with the bottom wall of the first floor. We had 5 workers with my Co and Rob had 3. We ran into a couple of issues that cost us an extra day but instead of taking two nights it took 3. In the end the place sent me an email of how great there garage looked and also would Kathy draw up a contract to clean them on a yearly bases.

Network Network Network. I met Rob thru our PWNA days and cemented our friendship some more thru the UAMCC.

I also have some other potential much larger jobs if they come in with some other UAMCC/PWNA members and once again its all about Network Network Network!!!

Alot of the pictures came out blurry cause my camara is on the way out. If you drink some Vino they may look clearer:wink:

Attachments

• NY parking garage cleaning 082.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 082.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 66
  • NY parking garage cleaning 001.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 001.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 59
  • NY parking garage cleaning 067.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 067.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 62
  • NY parking garage cleaning 022.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 022.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 72
  • NY parking garage cleaning 026.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 026.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 65
  • NY parking garage cleaning 032.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 032.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 65

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Here are some more pictures. Of course I don't have any after pictures and sorry about the blurry shots. To bad me and Rob didnt have anytime to just hang out on this one. Maybe next time. We started every night close to 9pm and we left around 7-8am in the morning. We were all wiped out but it was fun working with a pal!!

Attachments

• NY parking garage cleaning 043.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 043.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 64
  • NY parking garage cleaning 036.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 036.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 66
  • NY parking garage cleaning 012.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 012.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 48
  • NY parking garage cleaning 061.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 061.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 62
  • NY parking garage cleaning 063.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 063.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 64

John Tornabene

Member Guest
A couple of more pictures.

Attachments

• NY parking garage cleaning 070.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 070.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 52
  • NY parking garage cleaning 099.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 099.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 55
  • NY parking garage cleaning 078.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 078.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 55
  • NY parking garage cleaning 071.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 071.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 56
  • NY parking garage cleaning 069.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 069.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 47
  • NY parking garage cleaning 068.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 068.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 50

David Vicars

That's cool, John. Jeff and I have teamed up on a garage for the past couple years. Networking is great.

Is that you or Rob in the daisey dukes? Picture is blurry to tell. LOL

Florin Nutu

Where did you sump the water to? Landscape, sewer? Also can't tell from the pic... What did you block the drains with?

I have gotten quite a bit of practice collecting water and sumping to sewer this last 5 weeks but it's darn time consuming setting it up. At first I just used plastic bag to plug the drain and used sump above the drain but would have to wait till waste water level was high enough before sump would work and it left a lot to have to be vacuumed. I ended up making a catch basin that I inserted into the drain hole that was 2' deep that I placed the sump in and it got all the water and it would start and stop the pump on it's own but like I said, it was a pain to setup.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Where did you sump the water to? Landscape, sewer? Also can't tell from the pic... What did you block the drains with?

I have gotten quite a bit of practice collecting water and sumping to sewer this last 5 weeks but it's darn time consuming setting it up. At first I just used plastic bag to plug the drain and used sump above the drain but would have to wait till waste water level was high enough before sump would work and it left a lot to have to be vacuumed. I ended up making a catch basin that I inserted into the drain hole that was 2' deep that I placed the sump in and it got all the water and it would start and stop the pump on it's own but like I said, it was a pain to setup.
What I used to block the drains besides a couple of those bendable drain blockers that Rob has(There expensive but work great) I used a screen and water bags. Any water that seeped under the water bags went to the screen but of course the screen because of its tiny openings clogged up in no time. What we did was sump the water down a few levels to another closed off drain and let it pool with cones,Tape around it. We also used a Vacuum that had a berm filter in it along with the vaccuum filter. Basically we pumped out all of the water by each drain that we could and then many hours later we shovel the sludge. We then with clean water vacuumed up the sludge and thru the filter the water that came out went thru another screen that back down the drain about as clean as can be. We also as a favor stuck our wands down in the drains and blasted them as far as we could reach to clean a little in there since this garage was never cleaned before and they had alot of sand in those drains.

The pool bag and screens is what I've been using for years to block or direct water. Its cheap and I have alot of those bags. There pretty much those water bags that hold down a pool cover when the pool is closed. Cheap but effective.

Tony Szabo

John,
Is that your short son with his hat on backwards in the one photo? Kinda looks like that Rob Huffman guy, was Rob on the job site?

Being nosey,
Tony

John Tornabene

Member Guest
John,
Is that your short son with his hat on backwards in the one photo? Kinda looks like that Rob Huffman guy, was Rob on the job site?

Being nosey,
Tony
Yup thats me.. First time behind the wand this year....I think I work better on my azz now either in my truck or on my Rider Powerwasher... thats about my speed now. That short son shot is me shrinking.. Here's Rob who I may be shorter then now:eek:

Attachments

• NY parking garage cleaning 022.jpg
    NY parking garage cleaning 022.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 34