PDA

View Full Version : Do I look like a pro?

Randy Borio
07-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Just got home from cleaning a transformer after a fire.

Guy Blackmon
07-27-2010, 11:35 PM
The dirtier you are, the more money you make...... Looks like you made a bit, Randy!:)

Jeff LeCours
07-28-2010, 12:26 AM
You look like you should be in a Charlie Brown movie Pigpen, you just need a swirling dirt cloud LOL

John Orr
07-28-2010, 08:02 AM
You look like a dirty and tired pro.

P.S. I sure hope that that was a newer transformer that was filled with mineral oil...not the old PCB-filled bad boys.

Michael Tessaro
07-28-2010, 10:39 AM
you look pooped.

David Vicars
07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Next time use your PW. You don't have to use the Army crawl to clean those. LOL

You look worn out.

Randy Borio
07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah that dago belly cleaned alot of square footage didn't it. Laurie (my wife) took the picture and then told to get in the garage, shut the door and get naked and get in the shower. There's an image you all can learn to love. that was a transformer fire clean-up. No PCB's or anything like that. Most all the dirt on me came from the product the company makes. They make the carbide abrasives that go on sandpaper and make grinding wheels. They cook sand and some other "secret" stuff and cook it under big and I mean big blue plastic tarps at about 7000 degrees. You read that right 7k. What a dirty sinking filthy place. Got called back today to clean the capacitor room. I was wet in places I didn't even know I had. The dust just gets all over everything. The good news is they now want all 4 transformer buildings cleaned annually. There are also ALOT of wheel loaders running around out there, so guess who is gonna take the purchasing manager, general manager, and plant manger out to lunch........ SOON

Jeff LeCours
07-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Yeah that dago belly cleaned alot of square footage didn't it. Laurie (my wife) took the picture and then told to get in the garage, shut the door and get naked and get in the shower. There's an image you all can learn to love. that was a transformer fire clean-up. No PCB's or anything like that. Most all the dirt on me came from the product the company makes. They make the carbide abrasives that go on sandpaper and make grinding wheels. They cook sand and some other "secret" stuff and cook it under big and I mean big blue plastic tarps at about 7000 degrees. You read that right 7k. What a dirty sinking filthy place. Got called back today to clean the capacitor room. I was wet in places I didn't even know I had. The dust just gets all over everything. The good news is they now want all 4 transformer buildings cleaned annually. There are also ALOT of wheel loaders running around out there, so guess who is gonna take the purchasing manager, general manager, and plant manger out to lunch........ SOON

Great, that sounds like a great gig to have $$$$
Congrats

David Vicars
07-28-2010, 11:43 PM
That's great. Keep rockin it, Randy.