• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

back at the gas stations again

Russ Spence

We are back in the gas station business again .............. oh my I forgot how much I hated them, thank God there are only 54 a month to do!

Damaris Sutton

What does the year they were built have to do with them? Is there some kind of Granfathering or some type of system built in drain off or maybe the tanks themselves that affect it?

Russ Spence

What does the year they were built have to do with them? Is there some kind of Granfathering or some type of system built in drain off or maybe the tanks themselves that affect it?

some of the sites are constructed so that nothing leaves the site at all, if there is run off (like off property) we do reclaim but it is not filtered, just sent to an area on site.

You have to remember that even that is not required here as there is no one to enforce it but we do it any way

Russ Spence

How many you do in a night out of those 54

Jeff they are on a schedule, we could do them all in a weeks time with no problem but the customer has us split them up, there are 49 on one contract and 5 on the other, at first we were to do them quaterly but as we got started it was changed to monthly

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
LOL. In PA can you legally clean plaza/street/mall/shopping centers and send the runoff directly into the storm drain? We can. http://www.lvstormwater.com/bmps_surfacecleaning.htm ( I love the wild west!)

Why? Because Las Vegas enforces the federal law ONLY and nothing above that.

The idea that the laws are the same everywhere would be true if localities didn't add on their own restrictions.

Chris Tharpe

or have municipalities that decide to have insane regulations that are hasrh with ZERO discharge to the sanitary sewer, when asked whats the difference between poo-water and laundery wash water and our wash water that has been filtered to 5 micron, all oil and grease been removed they have no answer that makes sense. I am up in arms about the organization and planning that has gone awry in the state of MS concerning discharge. Even MDEQ has set peramaters but its still left to each municipality which are totally unorganized

Rob Huffman

Chris,
Get to talking. Making awareness is a first step and letting officials know is very influential. I would say that more than yourself would have to be at public meetings etc to seriously make a difference. Have you spoken with the BOD to ask them about their input on helping your issues?

Chris Tharpe

its really no issue unless there is enforcement and once enforcement is in place. We recover where necessary but when asking a local waste treatment facility if we can discharge to the Sanitary Sewer they say NO, and after a quick explanation of how we filter to 5 micron, remove all oil/grease then ask whats the difference between what were putting into the system and what a household or restaurant puts into the system they understand the arguement and see the reasoning but there is nothing to add except we are not allowed to discharge to sanitary sewer. I have a meeting with the local POTW on monday to get a better understanding of their policies and inform them more on our operations. I have been in touch with our state DEQ over the last year pushing for written BMP's concerning pressure cleaning to be pushed down the pipeline to each municipality so we have some standard in which we need to operate and comply with. There is nothing set in stone and were not going to haul the water to the POTW's unless thats the only way and its written in a BMP. I can go on and on about this but well just sit on it and see what happens monday. All of this has started while trying to fill out a Vendor Packet for fleetwashing. Its insane when the local municipalities cannot answer these questions I am being asked to answer