• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

UAMCC Stimulus Plan

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
We will be announcing very shortly the "UAMCC Stimulus Plan". Basically, paying members will be able to earn rebates from UAMCC when they make qualified purchases from our vendor members. (This will be retroactive, so all members that have already renewed will be included.) The Plan will run through October and rebates will need to be applied for by early 2011. More to come!

Jim Cooney

Most suppliers either already offer rebate programs to preferred customers, or you can negotiate end cost discounts just by dealing with the owner or general manager. Envirospec, http://www.envirospec.com/ offers rebates and discounts constantly. I have both of my other chemical suppliers negotiated to the best cost available.

My equipment supplier and I have reached an agreement which no other equipment supplier can match.

Personally, if there is going to be any "sell-able" cost to value of paid membership, the RFP's should of been the #1 priority. 9th month of 2010 and I do not know of one single UAMCC contractor member who has received a RFP. Please correct me if I am wrong about the lack of RFP's.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Hey Jim did you ever think to maybe running for a BOD position within the UAMCC? Maybe with your help because they are so underhanded you can help them with trying to secure some RFP's. These guys have so much on there plates with being left out in the cold about alot of info of the org. that they are just now getting thru that one. They can use all the help they can get and most of these guys are probably as busy as you are with there own businesses so its time consuming especially when they are extremely underhanded like they are now. Give it a thought.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Hey Jim did you ever think to maybe running for a BOD position within the UAMCC? Maybe with your help because they are so underhanded you can help them with trying to secure some RFP's. These guys have so much on there plates with being left out in the cold about alot of info of the org. that they are just now getting thru that one. They can use all the help they can get and most of these guys are probably as busy as you are with there own businesses so its time consuming especially when they are extremely underhanded like they are now. Give it a thought.

John, the current leadership, while shorthanded, is NOT "underhanded"! LOL

Actually, we have been working on obtaining RFP's for some time. If any of you have some helpful info that could help guide us, please let us know.

Jim Cooney

John,

If you were referring to me, I appreciate the consideration, but I barely have time in my life to average 6 hours of sleep a day, 7 days a week. We start 2 huge projects tonight, one will last 24 hours a day through Monday.

Between my businesses, political efforts and the motorcycle Club I belong to (including my separate obligations to the Patriot Guard), there just isn't enough time in the day. I cherish the little time I do reserve to spend with my family. Taking on yet another responsibility would not only cheat my family out of that rare but precious family time, but would not be fair to the BOD as I could not guarantee 100%, as I devote to every other aspect of my life.

I do appreciate what the existing few members of the BOD have done in 2010, but as just a contract member, I am not privileged to what has actually transpired sine 01/2010, just the few bits of information that have been released.

The RFP's would be golden, and the sole reason what would attract and retain membership. I (we) have been seeking and receiving my own RFP's for the next fiscal year, as I am keeping busy, but that being said I would still like to see the UAMCC RFP's as a benefit, and of course I would entertain bidding on certain scopes of work.

Speaking of precious family time, time for me to take my lovely better half and our youngest son out for a great dinner, before I disappear for the entire weekend.

PS: If you were referring to Jim from JC Painting & Power Wash, disregard. I just didn't want your question to go unanswered and you left with an impression that I ignored your reply, since I won't be getting much computer time this 3 day weekend.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Good post Jim and yes I was referring to you. Your story is similar to most as to why they can't take on Board of Directors responsibilities. Completely understandable. I've been there and done that and it took alot of time away from my small but profitable business. I like doing org. stuff and I wish I can get in there and help these guys but for at least a year or so I have to many things on my plate also to take care of so even though the little time I could give would be better then nothing it wouldn't be fair to the BOD's or my wife Kathy at this time for me to even think about getting back in. So I look thru the net and even ask people that follow this stuff to see if there interested such as yourself.

Org's work. I am a believer of that. I'm hoping to go to the NPA.org with Rob Huffman and a good friend of ours from RI because Parking garages are at least my direction for now. But one day I hope to come back to this org. or maybe another to become a BOD. I like to help people because it makes me feel like I gave back something in this industry that has been pretty good to me. One day but until then I will keep looking for people to help out because it does take quit a few in the volunteer world to get the wheels really turning.

In a perfect word this Org. does need some type of management group. Somebody or some group that can over see the finances and membership growth. This group or person should be put in a paid position. They need to work FOR THIS ORG full time. Thats where a competent ED or whatever you want to call it needs to be searched out. Once this happens then the BODS can really do there job which is to lead this org to bigger and better things and the ED will always report to them on all aspects of this org..especially in the financial dept and the membership growth dept. But that all takes money. Maybe one day we will find that person or group who will do good HONEST work for us. Until then volunteers are needed everywhere. If you cant do it maybe you know someone who can and then ask. There are other leaders here who may rise up but sometimes they have to be search out and prodded a little.. Thats what I'm doing for now.

Guy Blackmon

Actually, we have been working on obtaining RFP's for some time. If any of you have some helpful info that could help guide us, please let us know.

The problem we see with RFP's is that they are out there for anyone and everyone. Lets say the UAMCC pays an RFP Company $5000.00 (Example) a year. The Members would likely receive the same RFP's as Jim would get through his RFP Company and other Contractors on the net. I would like to figure a way to get RFP's sent specifically to the UAMCC. A 3rd party (neutral) would receive them and then pass them to the Members.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
The problem we see with RFP's is that they are out there for anyone and everyone. Lets say the UAMCC pays an RFP Company $5000.00 (Example) a year. The Members would likely receive the same RFP's as Jim would get through his RFP Company and other Contractors on the net. I would like to figure a way to get RFP's sent specifically to the UAMCC. A 3rd party (neutral) would receive them and then pass them to the Members.
A good person to ask about this is Ron Musgraves. When he was a little peeved with Jeff L. I think he was able to get RFP's for the SC area. Either way most members don't pay for RFP's so if the UAMCC can find a deal to get some even mentioned here thats a good thing as long as its not to expensive where if I remember correctly it wasn't. Once again Ron M. might be the guy to talk to about this or even Scott Millen. He may have an idea what it cost back then when the UAMCC was snagging some RFP's

Jim Cooney

Exactly Guy. If a contractor is joining an organization simply as a referral source for RFP's, that contractor will go broke sitting there watching their phone waiting for it to ring. The RFP's are out there, you just need to hustle, be proactive and go get the work.

I don't use an RFP company or referral service. The Internet is a wealth of potential.