• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

CWA - Who Should Teach It?

Who Should Teach the Contractor about the CWA?

• Total voters

Carlos Gonzales

As a contractor do you think that the Clean Water Act with all it's regulations, rules....do's and don'ts should be taught by pressure washing industry related people/companies

OR

Should be taught by qualified people/companies that are not directly affiliated with the pressure washing industry.

Please Vote and add a comment about your position.

Ken Fenner

To avoid bias, I think the answer actually lies somewhere in between. A school should would have representation from all groups involved (EPA, watchdogs, PW companies) to be credible in my eyes.

Terry Miller

Carlos,
I'm thinking that anyone can teach if this is their profession. I have learned many things from people who knew nothing of their subject. School teachers?I have attended classes taught about brushes, and choosing the right one by a SW rep. They know the product, sales, what, why and how it works. I myself have taught a few classes on various subjects not knowing the true reasons of them. The most important to me is the person teaching has a very good knowledge of the subject and can answer all the answers. I was the top salesman for shotguns at Sears (locally), in 1975. I sold many and could explain each and every item, what it did and why it was on the gun. I never owned or shot one at that time! LOL Maybe someone else can add some samples of who can teach? Thank You.

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
To avoid bias, I think the answer actually lies somewhere in between. A school should would have representation from all groups involved (EPA, watchdogs, PW companies) to be credible in my eyes.

I agree. This is one of the most debated and hot button topics around. There should definitely be some EPA person on there or a qualified expert in EPA/CWA application in the field. The qualified EPA/CWA person should be regional to the area where the instruction is given. I think you will find different BMP's needed for different areas.

Terry Miller

As with all education, who in our industry do you feel is an expert? Who is qualified to teach and direct you into the next step of your business life? Experience, knowledge of chemicals and equipment are a start. What about safety, work ethics, business sense. I cannot believe anyone has all this to offer. We are very experienced in what we do, but do we do everything right? Can you recommend an expert who might be part of a growing organizations educational program? Thank You.

Carlos Gonzales

As with all education, who in our industry do you feel is an expert? Who is qualified to teach and direct you into the next step of your business life? Experience, knowledge of chemicals and equipment are a start. What about safety, work ethics, business sense. I cannot believe anyone has all this to offer. We are very experienced in what we do, but do we do everything right? Can you recommend an expert who might be part of a growing organizations educational program? Thank You.

Good Points!!!

Guy Blackmon

I'm no expert but I am a N.C. cert. wastewater operator and own a pressure washing company , go to your local com. college most offer wastewater classes talk to the teacher , he or she should be able to answer any questions or point you in the right direction.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
If you can an EPA person or someone along those lines would be best but if you can't I don't see why a contractor or a Vendor can not teach this class if no one else is available. All classwork needs to go thru the UAMCC Board for its approval before being let loose on the Members and non Members in this industry. Yes some can speculate there was some favoritism in who ever gets picked but in reality if none of the truly qualified people do not step up to the plate to teach this class then going the next rung down the ladder is still something that should be looked at. Another words don't just dismiss this Class because the "Best of the Best and most Qualified" have no interest in teaching it. This wouldn't be the first time my Past ORG ran into this very exact problem.

Last edited:

Mathew Johnson

It ewould be helpful if the person teaching it had some industry experience. Understanding the different equipment available to the contractors would be an asset to teaching the class. The Bassma video is a great free resource to learn about the CWA and recovery

John Doherty

I'd prefer the EPA by region and State authority. Each EPA Region has an ombudsman.

I found the one in Denver when I was there extremely helpful in getting me to the right resources in the region. That was in the EPA itself and at the State level.