• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Algae and Moss Growth on Concrete

ReVamp Hawaii PW

Aloha Guys,
Here is some pics of a house i did yesterday.
In Hawaii there are areas in the mountains where there is rain everyday, which makes it ideal for algae growth. I was wondering, are there any types of solutions that can be applied to concrete or other surfaces after cleaning to prevent moss and algae growth?
Winter season is on its way, and right now would be perfect time to use algae growth and prevention as a selling point to customers.

Attachments

• pw12.jpg
    pw12.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 53
  • pw0.jpg
    pw0.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 52
  • pw 1.jpg
    pw 1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 56
  • pw11.jpg
    pw11.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 45
  • pw5.jpg
    pw5.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 45
  • pw9.jpg
    pw9.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Tim Fields

Are sealers applied with a pump spray? And does the concrete need to be dry?

We don't sell much concrete sealing here in Maryland, but if we did, I would put a call in to V-Seal. They were at the UAMCC Convention last year and it seemed like they had a product that would fit about every sealing situation.

I know that Rich from Seal-N-Lock had a sealer for pavers that went on the same day as cleaning, so I assume that there is a concrete sealer that can be applied to a damp surface.

As far as application, pump spray is a good place to start. If you do a lot, you will probably transition to an electric sprayer in short order.