• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hello from Greenville NC

Ben Buck

Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving. My name is Ben and I have been pressure washing part time for 5 years now. I have been a Deputy Sheriff for almost 17 years and spent the last 15 years as a Narcotics Agent. I have not worked since January 13th 2010 due to a knee injury while chasing a guy during a drug raid! I stepped in a hole and broke my tibia and basically tore everything in my knee up! After surgery on January 15th I was told by my Doctor that there was nothing they could do to fix it and that a total knee replacement was the only thing I could do! I faught this for this last 10 months in hopes of being able to return to law enforcement, a job that I truly love and enjoy. I was told that having a total knee replacement would force me to retire. Was told that as far as the Drs report and workers comp report, it would state that i could never run, jump, or crawl again with a knee replacement. My Doctor went out of her way trying things such as shots and numerous types of knee braces in hopes of me being able to return to work. Nothing worked and I had to have the knee replacement surgery, this was done on November 22nd and luckily I was able to get out on the 24th, just in time for Thanksgiving with the family. I have learned so much from ya'll on this site and the grime scene in regards to pressure washing and for that I am thankful and hope I can return the favor some day! My retirement date is January 1st 2011. The good news is that I will be Pressure Washing full time after that. I truly enjoy pressure washing and hope it will all work out, the other good thing is that I have all of the equipment I need to do this and even have a part time employee who has continued to work for me during this time. Im sorry for such a long post but I am on a lot of pain medicin and seem to be ramblng on and on. I plan on going full time PWing in Feb or March depending on the rehab and the knee. Im sure I will be asking more questions now! Thanks for such a great informational board and God Bless all of you! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy Blackmon

No Ben, Thank You & God Bless You for putting your life on the line for others!!!!!!!

If I can ever be of assistance let me know, I'm a couple of hours South of you.

Welcome To The Forum, And Again Thank You!!!!

Allison Hester

Hi Ben. Welcome!
My father-in-law was the deputy sherriff for a small town in Iowa until he retired last year. It's a role close to our hearts. Thanks for your service!

Ben Buck

Guy, thanks for the kind words. I read a lot of your posts and I will definately give you a call if I need a question answered. If you ever need anything in my area or near me, give me a call and I will be glad to help. Thanks again, Ben

Allison, thanks for the kind words. It looks like I will be down for the next 6 to 8 weeks and I would really like to order the book I have been reading about on this site. I think its called "The Pressure Washing Bible" could you please give me the information again so I can order this book if you have any left? I have plenty of time to read now. Thanks again, Ben

Ben Buck

Thanks David, I read where you had broken your leg pretty bad in May I think it was. I hope you are all healed up and all is going well for you now. Thanks Ben

David Vicars

Yeah Ben, that was me. The bones are about 98% healed. Now I have to work the muscles and ligaments back into shape. I still have a limp, but the doc said within 6 months that should be gone.
Thanks for asking and god speed on your healing.