• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hydro Tek Reclaim System

ReVamp Hawaii PW

Im considering on purchasing the No Water Wasted package by Hydro Tek. It includes a 4.5gpm 3500psi pw, a 5 micron reclaim and filtering system and a trailer w/ 185 gal tank all for $9995. Any thoughts or comments on their equipment or this setup?

Jim Cooney

Great starter unit. For a bit more, you can upgrade to the Hydro Tek reclaim unit that has an 8 GPM capacity. More GPM = faster washing and rinsing. 880,000 BTU burner is a must, in my humble opinion.

ReVamp Hawaii PW

I thought about that. I figured if I'm gonna invest that much I might as well get a pw that has a greater performance. I'm doing mostly flat work and fleet washing, I could definetly use the more gpm. how about the reclaim system can it reclaim detergents and acids without sudding up in the vac?

Rob Huffman

You should also make sure you have oil socks. I dont think that reclain unit has an oil seperator. Be prepared for clogged bags also. The 5 micron bag will end up with alot of garbage in it doing fleetwashing. It will also be that way doing flatwork. For flatwork take a leaf blower and blow the sidewalks first. This will help deter some particles.

Mathew Johnson

I just installed one of the Hydrotek Reclaim systems and a hydrotek electric hot water machine in a school bus garage for their fleet washing. It is working great. We set it up two ways, one to filter the water through an oil/water separator and filters to to wash again with it when they are rinsing the busses off and we set up ball valves and a "T" to bypass the filters when washing with soap and pumping it to a storage tank for off site processing at a sewage treatment plant.

We cleaned the floors for them in the bus garage and the filtration system was keeping up with 2 5.6 fpm hot water skids.

ReVamp Hawaii PW

I just installed one of the Hydrotek Reclaim systems and a hydrotek electric hot water machine in a school bus garage for their fleet washing. It is working great. We set it up two ways, one to filter the water through an oil/water separator and filters to to wash again with it when they are rinsing the busses off and we set up ball valves and a "T" to bypass the filters when washing with soap and pumping it to a storage tank for off site processing at a sewage treatment plant.

We cleaned the floors for them in the bus garage and the filtration system was keeping up with 2 5.6 fpm hot water skids.

Are you using the 5gpm vac or the 8gpm vac?
I like their reclaim system because it seems simple, compact and efficient, its also pefect for a small trailer. I was concerned about flitering the soaps, which I think will not be effective because the water will still need to be treated before disposal. Im mainly gonna use the filtering system where soaps are not used, like flat work, and use the vac to also transport wash water from fleet washing.