• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Educating the Public

Allison Hester

Hey guys,

I want to bounce an idea off of you that I had for our new magazine (Pressure Cleaning Contractor).

I recently read a post about a guy in Canada who ended up in the hospital because he ran a hot water stream across his foot, sliced his boot -- and then his foot -- open, and burned his foot. In trying to research the article, I found some tailgating bulletin board where the guys were talking about pressure washers. One of the do-it-yourselfers ended up slicing his hand open on his pressure washer and had to go get a skin graft.

The concept that these things (pressure washers) can actually be pretty dangerous and that non-professionals are possibly not aware of the dangers got me to thinking... . Well, that and comments here about needing to further educate the public about the benefits of using professional contractors.

What if we dedicate one page of the magazine each month to creating a piece that contractors can use as a marketing/education tool for the public? In other words, a well-written, well-designed piece I put together generically that will include a spot for you to put your logo/contact information on it, then you can give it to potential clients, post it on your website, whatever you want. Would that be useful? And if so, what are some potential topics you'd like to see? The safety issue was the one that struck me. Environmental liability is another common one. What else?

Again, I just want to know if this is something people would use, otherwise I'll dump the idea. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!