PDA

View Full Version : Teacher tells my 10 yr old there is no Santa!!!!

John Tornabene
12-09-2010, 07:46 PM
A couple of weeks ago my daughters 10 yr old teacher had the gaul to tell the class there is no Santa. My Daughter comes home and tells us what happened and she thought the teacher was right.

I almost fell out of my chair that a teacher would tell these 10 yr olds this. Has this country gone mad?? Should the positive spirit be knocked right out of these kids where they have no fond thoughts of there youth because a teacher killed there dreams??

My daughter tells me that basically she was on the fence anyway about if Santa is real or not and of course I now tell her its the spirit of St. Nick and thats what counts. Its in your heart. She tells me no there is no such think as Santa because her teacher said so. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Long story short. Someone said something to this teacher because now she says to the class there is the spirit of Santa and that could mean many things.

I'll tell you what happened. This teacher cross the line to deflate these little kids dreams that believe in x-mas. I won't say what religion this teacher is because to me thats irrelevent. This teacher the very next day had to correct herself because she was probably warned of the consequences of her actions.

Now my daughter believes in the spirit of Santa and I'm happy for her. No teacher should push there religious thoughts on there students ever in a public school.

Life is to short and the teacher corrected herself so its a non issue. But Jeeeez let these kids have there dreams..

Rob Huffman
12-09-2010, 08:13 PM
DAYUM you!!! I was on the fence about that as well. But now you have me believing there isnt one. I cannot believe the bombshell you just dropped...

Anyways, at least the spirit lives on. Thats more than what it sounds like the teacher believes in. Maybe someone gave her coal as a child?

Russ Spence
12-09-2010, 08:21 PM
A couple of weeks ago my daughters 10 yr old teacher had the gaul to tell the class there is no Santa. My Daughter comes home and tells us what happened and she thought the teacher was right.

I almost fell out of my chair that a teacher would tell these 10 yr olds this. Has this country gone mad?? Should the positive spirit be knocked right out of these kids where they have no fond thoughts of there youth because a teacher killed there dreams??

My daughter tells me that basically she was on the fence anyway about if Santa is real or not and of course I now tell her its the spirit of St. Nick and thats what counts. Its in your heart. She tells me no there is no such think as Santa because her teacher said so. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Long story short. Someone said something to this teacher because now she says to the class there is the spirit of Santa and that could mean many things.

I'll tell you what happened. This teacher cross the line to deflate these little kids dreams that believe in x-mas. I won't say what religion this teacher is because to me thats irrelevent. This teacher the very next day had to correct herself because she was probably warned of the consequences of her actions.

Now my daughter believes in the spirit of Santa and I'm happy for her. No teacher should push there religious thoughts on there students ever in a public school.

Life is to short and the teacher corrected herself so its a non issue. But Jeeeez let these kids have there dreams..
I will be she is a jew or muslim! Or worse a DAMN YANKEE! (thats a religion isnt it?)

John Tornabene
12-09-2010, 11:17 PM
I will be she is a jew or muslim! Or worse a DAMN YANKEE! (thats a religion isnt it?)
The only religion that has the word Yankee attached to it is Fans of the NY Yankees:tongue:

I think the teacher is a Christian who just had a "Moron" moment. My daughter and her friends who some had there doubts now believe in the spirit of Santa so maybe this wasn't as bad as it first started to be.

Hey Rob didn't I read somewhere that you were an Elf at one time?? So there must be a Santa:wink:

Russ Spence
12-10-2010, 08:50 AM
dang christians, always being so honest!

Chris Apple
12-10-2010, 09:25 AM
That stinks.

When I was in the 3rd grade our teacher told the class that and I havent been the same since.....

Douglas Hicks
12-10-2010, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=Aspen Contractors;45308]DAYUM you!!! I was on the fence about that as well. But now you have me believing there isnt one. I cannot believe the bombshell you just dropped...
QUOTE]

Rob, we need to talk about the Easter Bunny............

Rob Huffman
12-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Doug, really man dont ruin them all for me at once...please?...lol.

John, Dont hate the spirit. Besides I hear there was another elf in the Philadelphia area and the big round guy lives in New York...Let the spirit live on...

Allison Hester
12-10-2010, 11:03 PM
The tooth fairy completely forgot to visit Ethan recently. Ethan said, "Mommy that's ok. Why don't we just pretend YOU'RE the tooth fairy." And yes Rob, she is real. She just couldn't get a visitor pass onto the military base where I live. (Hmmmm. I wonder if Santa will be allowed on. I better talk to the guards at the front gate.)

James VanHandle
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
How did the teacher correct this??? Did she tell la students santaman rides a carpet?? LOL like hers

Beth Borrego
12-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Then who eats the cookies we leave out every year?

Seriously....That's a teacher who needs to get a lump of coal....

Beth

James Foley
12-12-2010, 08:41 PM
She should be fired or brought up on charges . That is not part of teaching and is off limits.

James VanHandle
12-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Thats one reason we home school our kids!!!! I dont want some jack wagon teacher filling my kids head with the wrong stuff!!

James VanHandle
12-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Most of the teachers by us today cant even speak good english no less teach it. Dont get me wrong im not a hating guy but when I went to my kids first grade teacher confrence I needed an interpreter. I cant speak Muslum. Neither will my kids! Were did all the American teachers go?

John Tornabene
12-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Thats one reason we home school our kids!!!! I dont want some jack wagon teacher filling my kids head with the wrong stuff!!

I agree with this to a point except to saythis. Attending school is not just about learning academics. Its also learning about socializing,interacting with peers, interacting within a group setting and just gaining all around confidence to survive in the ever changing world. To just get the view of the parents who themselves can be skewed at times will leave the kid in a world of loss in the complex life thats ahead of them once they leave there parents nest.

I admire you Jim for having the will to do this to your kids and I've read at times it does work but on the most part I feel kids deserve to learn from more then just us the parents because we can be so wrong on many things and due to our stubborness we may see things incorrectly... and please don't ask me for an example of this.

John Tornabene
12-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Another thing Jim do you get some kind of tax break when you home school?? Our School taxes are about $7000/yr and if I sent my kids to Catholic school I would still have to pay the public school taxes. So how do you get around that?

James VanHandle
12-13-2010, 05:29 AM
John,
We do not get any tax breaks from our township. There are so many programs out there in which our kids get the interaction with other kids and people. Maybe even more so. We will not home school our kids all the way through the 12 grades. Just start them out on how to learn. We can only try our best. We only have one shot at it.

John Tornabene
12-13-2010, 12:49 PM
John,
We do not get any tax breaks from our township. There are so many programs out there in which our kids get the interaction with other kids and people. Maybe even more so. We will not home school our kids all the way through the 12 grades. Just start them out on how to learn. We can only try our best. We only have one shot at it.

Good point. You know Jim I always find it intriguing when people find a successful way to go against the norm even if the norm is at most times successful in itself. What is the basic driving force to start kids out home schooled??

William Page
12-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Kudos to the teacher. I wish more people had the backbone to quit spreading lies. I remember asking my parents who Santa was when I was little and she told me that it was something created to take away from the birth of Christ and the real meaning of Christmas. My 4 year old's pre-school teacher sent home a note last week asking why my youngest son was telling the kids in his class that Santa Claus was a "phoney baloney". Gotta love my boys.

Chris Apple
12-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Bah humbug!

Michael Tessaro
12-13-2010, 10:56 PM
John, I sent 3 kids through private christian school. No tax break. But we were willing to make the sacrifice and extra effort to make a difference in their education. The public school in our area just plain sucked, high drop out rate, gangs, below par on about every level. So we got proactive in a private school. I would do it all over again too. Education doesnt cost, it pays. I just wish as a parent and a tax payer we had a choice, instead of having to use what is dished up. Educational vouchers would really raise the bar in education. But as it stands now, take what you get or pay extra for an alternative. We chose the alternative. A lot of families are going the home school, private school education route.

William Page
12-14-2010, 06:36 AM
+1 Michael. My children will never darken the door of a gov't indoctrination center. I love them to much to have evolution, Santa clause, new age, etc flung at them everyday.

James VanHandle
12-17-2010, 09:00 AM
John,
Hope your keeping warm in NY.
Would you give anything over to the government and expect it back in better shape? Look into the big picture of our school system and which way they are steering our kids. How many school systems teach are kids to think for themselves, work for themselves, drive hard to own there own company or even how to start your own business? Just think about it! They teach you how to get a good paying job (Just Over Broke). The other kids teach them they need Coach bags, fancy cell phones,expensive shoes, cars and clothes, drugs just to fit in. We are not sheltering our kids totally from this nonsense but keeping it at arms length until they learn what they need. Reading, writing, arithmatic, social skills. Just a start on why we made this decision. My family,on both sides, are farmers and they both all have stores were they sell produce and goods. My kids at 8 and 10 are waiting on customers(on the weekends) taking money, giving change and learning alot from just working there. They love it. Dealing with diferent people every minute. Thats good experience. So we dont shelter them from the world like homeschooling has been portrayed. Its reaaly cool seeing them learn this stuff. They learn at there own pace.

John Tornabene
12-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Jim---I'm staying warm most of the time now..but I have to still have hang my x-mas lights. Little late this year on that but I'll get it done.
All your points about Home school are valid and reading what you say it looks like your family has an ideal set-up for this. I guess its a "School of thought" on what works best for each family. In our case because our public school system ranks very high thru academics and there programs they offer, we're Good with that. Yes the drug culture is out there as are other negative influences. The TV and the internet to have there downsides also especially the internet. There is no perfect system and what sucks for some may be good for others.

As for my kids the've been in the school system since they were 3. At 4 they were introduced to a computer for learning purposes. This is all before Kindergarden. To me it all seems to be a bit much but my kids on the other hand are excelling at it. My specialty is not in teaching so I wouldn't know where to start there because I like life to be simple. In that regard I'm probably not the best example in some area's for my kids. But I will say my wife is very involved in the school district. She was a class Mother for most of my kids elementary years. Kathy also stays involved with there extra activities as I do when I can. That to me is important because it shows my kids were there when we can.

Under different circumstances I don't think Kathy or I have it in us to home school. It would not be our strengths but the private school such as a Catholic School was high on our list and not just because of the religious aspect(My wife is very religious and I'm not nearly as much) but most importantly for the teaching aspect.

Your choice looks to be a very sound choice but in my case where I'm at and knowing our strengths and not having the similiar resources that you have it would not have worked best for our kids.

James VanHandle
12-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks John, Have a great christmas and a very happy new year. Hope to see ya soon.

Chris Tucker
12-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I think Home Schooling is best, followed by private schools. There are a FEW good public schools, but most of them suck.