• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Howdy from Charlotte, NC

Dave Mac

Been in the painting business for20 plus years (feel sorry for me) and other then getting houses ready to paint by washing them we never went after PW work, well after seeing this painting market go to the dogs I need to to look at other things, and PW has my full attention, we got a jump start on PW this past summer and cant wait for march to get here and go in full tilt.

This board is great I have been reading for hours, lots of good people and info here, glad to be here looking to learn as much as possible, planning on going back into the field for the first time in 6 or so years of not being in the field to learn this trade from the ground up hands on, hope it doesn't take to long I'm getting old 44 and tire quick lol

Jim Cooney

Welcome to the UAMCC Dave. The Carolina's must be really dirty with all the contractors I have met over the years on these forums operating in the Carolina's.

Plenty of great contractors and professional information to be found on this forum.

Roger Gothorp

I think the Carolinas have more pressure washers per capita than anyone!! We're a hatchery :) LOL

HI DAVE!!!!!!! You should come to Myrtle Beach - you'll see plenty of these faces here down there!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Welcome aboard Dave. Nice website you got there. Post anything you like here and also do a search if your looking for some specific idea's. Yea there seems to be alot of Powerwashers in the Carolina's that frequent these boards. They also have there own Network associates spear headed by the one and only Celeste above who responded in this post. www.pwnc.org is there website.

Where a national org. that has some tremendous marketing appeal as does your local PWNC does for you. Fire away with any questions or thougths that you have.
Good Luck.

Dave Mac

Thanks everyone for the great welcom.

I think the Carolinas have more pressure washers per capita than anyone!! We're a hatchery :) LOL

HI DAVE!!!!!!! You should come to Myrtle Beach - you'll see plenty of these faces here down there!

Celeste thanks for the invite I definatly want to meet some of you people, I will make some of these meeting sometime, that weekend falls on my opening season race day (i race dirt dikes) so Ill miss that but thanks for the offer I look forward to it in the future

Guy Blackmon

Hahaha!!! I used to race "Back In The Day" Moto-Cross is a passion of mine also. And Here Comes The "But"........I would rather learn how to make a "Small Fortune" than spend it.

Guy Blackmon

Not busting your sack Buddy. But there's just so much you can learn on the Boards. Rt's are an opportunity to have or get "In Person, Hands On Knowledge" I have no idea why Contractors that are Local to an "RT Meeting" don't "Jump" on these opportunities.

Rt's=Knowledge...Knowledge=Money...Money=Larger Bank Account... Larger Bank Account=Means more time to race without the worry of going broke............Priorities My Friend.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Not busting your sack Buddy. But there's just so much you can learn on the Boards. Rt's are an opportunity to have or get "In Person, Hands On Knowledge" I have no idea why Contractors that are Local to an "RT Meeting" don't "Jump" on these opportunities.

Rt's=Knowledge...Knowledge=Money...Money=Larger Bank Account... Larger Bank Account=Means more time to race without the worry of going broke............Priorities My Friend.
Guy where were you when I was a kid?? Wait a minute I think I'm older then you:rolleyes:
Seriously thats great advice. Every edge is going to count this year and the years ahead. Obama's speach the other night he brought up a good point..We should be OK around 2035:confused::confused::confused: So you got to hustle....but still have fun on the side if you can. I also used to motorcross...err about 35 yrs ago:redface:

Guy Blackmon

Hahaha!!!! I'll be kicking 50 in May. I don't care what Bama says, he doesn't care. I'll be the one that makes sure "Me and Mine Are OK". Like you said John "We Need Every Edge, We Need To Hustle". That's my point to every "Young Contractor Out There"... Bust your tail NOW!!! Learn NOW!!! Then when you're my age (Or Younger) you can kick back and take it easy. I got 5 more years of "Hands On" in my Business until I turn it over to someone else to run, or sell it.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I'l be kicking 50 with ya Guy. May 16th for me. I'm stoked because I look at it as if I'm around half way home and so far life has been good. Yes my lower back has been hurting for around 4-5 months now but moving and working is the key for me. Today we got 15+ inches of snow. My younger and some older neighbors cleared out there driveways. Me I cleared out both of my driveways and then I do the unthinkable. I climb my house thru the 2nd bathroom window and run up the roof. I think of David Vicars when I do this so I protect myself with a hammer spike in case I lose my footing I can smack down this hammer and yes blow a hole in my roof but stay up there. Then I proceed to jump on to the top roof which has very little pitch and I shovel it off. From there I work downwards. Yes its crazy to do this but for some odd reason we can spring a leak with that much snow thawing out on my roof. I calked the crap out my roof but big snow like this it melts all different directions and somehow it can find a way back in.
So I'm youthful in heart and spirit but when I sit at the dinner table for longer then 10 minutes my lower left side of my back starts aching like a bad tooth ache. I can take the pain but its getting worse. Maybe I just won't sit..then I'm good to go. How's that for an odd problem. Maybe its one of those getting old pains that we people just get.. Hopefully it goes away because sooner or later I will have to get it checked but for now I will keep moving to keep the blood flowing there and that keeps me vibrant.