• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof Cleaning Annapolis Maryland by AccuWash

Upon first look this roof looked like there was only gloeocapsa magma growing on it. Those black streaks were not longer visible after a strong roof treatment. After the roof cleaning, visible dead lichen appeared as light brown spots. As lichen and moss put roots into the asphalt shingles around the granules, we do not recommend scraping the lichen or moss off the roof. Our goal is to prolong the life of the roof, which means leaving as many granules as possible on the roof shingles. As the lichen/moss is now dead and no longer harming the roof, the wind and rain will break the lichen/moss at the root level, leaving those precious granules on the roof.

We were also able to clean the rest of the house exterior and the basement stairwell.
Shaffer_Darren Camden 002.jpgShaffer_Darren Camden 009.jpgShaffer_Darren Camden 007.jpgShaffer_Darren Camden 005.jpgShaffer_Darren Camden 001.jpgShaffer_Darren Camden 006.jpg
pencil.png

Beach Washers

Morgan, I am looking to add roof cleaning to my services and have been doing a tremendous amount of studying before I advertise that, including shortly signing up for the RCIA. I was curious if you all would be interested in having a "free" helper for a day to help me learn some professional techniques of roof cleaning and pump set-ups. I live a few hours south of you in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and i would love to work with you all for a day for some quality hands on learning. Let me know what you think, Thanks!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I love the Logo, very nice

\

Morgan, I am looking to add roof cleaning to my services and have been doing a tremendous amount of studying before I advertise that, including shortly signing up for the RCIA. I was curious if you all would be interested in having a "free" helper for a day to help me learn some professional techniques of roof cleaning and pump set-ups. I live a few hours south of you in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and i would love to work with you all for a day for some quality hands on learning. Let me know what you think, Thanks!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Upon first look this roof looked like there was only gloeocapsa magma growing on it. Those black streaks were not longer visible after a strong roof treatment. After the roof cleaning, visible dead lichen appeared as light brown spots. As lichen and moss put roots into the asphalt shingles around the granules, we do not recommend scraping the lichen or moss off the roof. Our goal is to prolong the life of the roof, which means leaving as many granules as possible on the roof shingles. As the lichen/moss is now dead and no longer harming the roof, the wind and rain will break the lichen/moss at the root level, leaving those precious granules on the roof.

We were also able to clean the rest of the house exterior and the basement stairwell.
pencil.png
Hey Morgan that looks great and your right about educating your customer. I'm glad that your customers understand to let the Lichen/Moss eventually fall off the roof. Here my customers want that off by the time where done. The pump we have works great but before we leave we go back to the roof and knock of that dead Lichen/Moss with our black chemical tips. Minimal pressure but high GPM that knocks that stuff right off but the drawback is most times my guys have to get up on that roof for a short period of time to hit it.

Chris Tucker

Hey Morgan that looks great and your right about educating your customer. I'm glad that your customers understand to let the Lichen/Moss eventually fall off the roof. Here my customers want that off by the time where done. The pump we have works great but before we leave we go back to the roof and knock of that dead Lichen/Moss with our black chemical tips. Minimal pressure but high GPM that knocks that stuff right off but the drawback is most times my guys have to get up on that roof for a short period of time to hit it.
High GPM not high pressure is the key if your customers can't wait for it to just fall off as you said John.
We don't see as much of it here in Florida, thank God!
Mostly just thick, nasty Algae, and seagull poop on roofs near Tampa Bay.

Here are a few pictures of Scott training with us at a commercial property in Annapolis, Maryland. The clubhouse roof of this neighborhood needed to be cleaned and Scott was there to learn and help out.
Before Roof Cleaning 410-482-4367
After Roof Cleaning 410-482-4367
Before Roof Cleaning 410-482-4367
During Roof Cleaning 410-482-4367
After Roof Cleaning 410-482-4367

Beach Washers

Those are great pictures, thanks for showing me how to safely and effectively clean roofs. I had a blast up there in Maryland working with Bill, Morgan and the crew from Accu Wash this week! Here's a before and after of my first roof job since the training. Thanks again for the insight you all provided me!
20110524114848.jpg20110531174153.jpg

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Nice Work bill

pencil.png