• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof cleaning salution

Russ Spence

Terry - what type of roof is it?

What was the temp where you were?

Are you using 12.5% if so are you absolutly sure it is fresh?

Post a few pics if you can or email them to me at russ@prokleenpressurewashing.com but it would be better if you post them

also last but not least what type of pump are you applying the chems with?

terryfish1968

I dont have any pictures . the S/H I used was 10% & was fiberglass shingles . It was very filthy . I just took a look at it. the part that I used the straight chlorine looks pretty good . Hey Russ I should tell you that I have never used bleach or chlorine and I am running test before I go jump on some one else house . I have a 3000 sq ft roof to do in a week or two

Russ Spence

Terry, its funny about the mix, in my oponion the water actually makes it work better.

With a 10% solution I would probably go 60/40 being 60% bleach

I use a high volume pupm that put out almost 10 gpm its easier to use a weaker mix with doing it that way

What type of pump do you have and are you using a surfactant?

I agree with Russ 60/40 blend also it sound like your bleach might be weaker 10% did you us any type soap on the roof. I get foaming type soap from local chem supplier.

terryfish1968

I tryed using dawn ... but the roof turned a yellowish color ... I will see if the pool store has any 12.50% and try 60/40 ... I just want to get it right ... Thanks guy for the info ...

Russ Spence

if its the wrong type of Dawn ie Dawn Ultra, it will screw up the mix, its not stable with Sodium Hypochlorite

Where are you located?

terryfish1968

Rockford Il ... I used Dawn unleaded ... I think I should make a full batch ... I have been using a pump up sprayer ... I am wondering if that may have anything to do with it ...

Russ Spence

it has every thing to do with it, I never had great results until I switched to a dedicated roof pump

I use a Yamada air diaphram pump and a gas powered air compressor, prior to that I used a 12volt Fatboy system with a accumulator tank set at 60 psi

I still run 1/2 inch Goodyear Pliovic hose and a Titan stainless reel with a stainless manifold

To be honest you just cant do it properly with a pump up sprayer plus its way to time consuming and dangerous to boot!

Russ Spence

it has every thing to do with it, I never had great results until I switched to a dedicated roof pump

I use a Yamada air diaphram pump and a gas powered air compressor, prior to that I used a 12volt Fatboy system with a accumulator tank set at 60 psi

I still run 1/2 inch Goodyear Pliovic hose and a Titan stainless reel with a stainless manifold

To be honest you just cant do it properly with a pump up sprayer plus its way to time consuming and dangerous to boot!

terryfish1968

Thank you Russ ... I have a friend that needs his roof done ... I will talk to him and see if I can use his roof ... I was using the pump sprayer just to test with ... God bless & have a awesome day...

terryfish1968

Hey Russ ... I would like to thank you for your honesty ... I have talked with a few other guys & they have said too say the least alot of things ... and I thought I was doing something completely wrong when it came to the mix ... But what your saying about having the proper equipment makes all the difrents in the world ... Thanks agin Terry Fish ...

Russ Spence

Not a problem Terry, fi you need help with a simple setup to get it done and get started at a lower cost give me a shout, I will help you with an equipment list.

terryfish1968

Hey Russ I tryed the 60/40 with some 12.5% turned out a whole lot better ...I thinking that 10% s/h may have been old ... I was reading a tread on powderd bleach from delux any thoughts...

terryfish1968

Okay ... Pressure Tek has a few kits Delavan 5800 1/2 poly kit ... I think its a fair price all need to do is buy a tank put it together .. I found 12.5% did the 60/40 and it worked great ... I think Im gonna go with a 100 glln tank ...

terryfish1968

I was just looking at the up grades ... looks like a great ideal ... Im thinking of holding off for awhile and buying 1 of the whole setups with everything ...Theres a guy here in town that has a system ... hes asking for a $1000 ...

extremewash

hey guys im finding some very useful info on this site i have a question an it may sound dumb. i see yall talking about using a 60/40 mix which i know what that means so my question is i am using downstreaming so of course when i use the SH i put it in a bucket and let it mix it self is that the wrong way? should i use dawn if so how much do dawn would i use in a five gallon bucket of SH. and im asking for doing a house not for a roof i know using a pressure washer is no good for a roof