• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Sodium Hypoclorite

Randy Borio

I am starting to put a roof washing rig together. Here is my BIG question. I know the dangers of SH include oxygen depletion I also know chlorine and gas/diesel/motor oil DO NOT mix. The tank will be in the enclosed box on our E350 pressure washing rig. I will NEVER enter the box until it airs for a few minutes, but what about the fumes from the machines and the fuel cans. Any help will be greatly appreciated so I don't kill or blow myself up.

Ken Fenner

Sodium hypochlorite is a wicked oxidizer. We had the clamps let loose on a part of the plumbing from a pump and of course it jetted inside the van. Since then that van has had fuse issues on the electrical system, the muffler guard on the machine basically corroded and rattled off and both the handle and feed swivel broke off a titan reel from corrosion. Keep a respirator in the front of the truck in case something like this happens. If you have to go in to make a repair after a major leak and ther bleach connects with any acid, the inside is literally a death chamber.

Randy Borio

Thanks Ken. I saw a demo of 3 in 1 oil (did i just show my age) in some dry chlorine at a Haz-Mat demo. It went K FREAKIN' BOOM! That's what made me wonder about the fumes from the SH and the fuel. Also chlorine depletes the oxygen so what you need is a supplied air respirator. Or just let the truck air.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I pull my rig on a trailer and have all chems in the van - with acids/cleaners separated by a divider. The whole rear of the van is Line-X'd.