• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Sunglasses

Russ Spence

I love Costa Del Mar sunglasses, I have a new pair that replaces some Costa Brine sunglasses, the new ones are Hammerheads with 580 lenses.

For years and years I wore only Oakley but had to put them down after I stated wearing these.

pascack

free tinted safety glasses I got from my former employer....must have cost him about a dollar but I love the fit and they are tinetd and safe!

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
I sortof like the Lowes safety sunglasses. But I have to wear the cop ray bans in the crown vic so the slow people in the fast lane will move over and get out of my way

Randy Borio

The wide head must be an "eye-talian" thing. Mine are prescription photo-gray lenses. I really wish they were truly scratch resistant though. Paid extra for the coating and had to get new lenses after 6 months. OH well.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Before I needed glasses for distance, I bought sunglass/readers at Sam's Club - $20 for 4 pair. If you need "cheaters", these work great. I think that Northern Tool also sells bifocal safety glasses.

Russ Spence

Just for info purposes, sunglasses are very important, the wrong one can and will harm your eyes permanently.

Too much blue light will cause serious eye damage

Guy Blackmon

I always wear sunglasses can't work (or not work) without them. Russ do the UV or polarized glasses filter out "Blue Light"? This is a new one on me, might need to look into it, Thanks!

Russ Spence

Guy, I will do some research, I can answer based on what I have been told but I want to make sure the info is valid

Get right back witcha!

Chris Tharpe

the best looking ones I find at the local Pantry Store or whatever other gas station I stop at. I used to spend lots on sun glasses but with getting chemicals on them I will stick to the cheap ones

Russ Spence

if you buy sunglasses that have actual "real glass" lens you wont have that problem, I will admit that it is hard to work in 200 - 300 dollar sunglasses but I just see it as a cost of business and it saves my old eyes too!

Tony Shelton

I haven't had glass in a while, but I think I'm going to switch back. I'd like to find some thin ones that aren't so heavy.

Scott Stone

I wear prescription Raybans. I just started wearing them in the past 6 months, and cannot believe how much more pleasant they make my work experience.
UV protection filters out the Blue light, or UV light. Love the polarization, as well. It really helps with the glare.

Tony Shelton

Scott, are those glass lenses or plastic? I sure would like some glass lenses but usually they are heavy. I saw your ray bans when I was in PHX last month and it reminded me that I used to wear Ray Bans. I actually have it scheduled to pick up a pair or two tomorrow. I like metal frames because I always take them off and put hang them on my top shirt button when inside. That's bulky with those sport sunglasses but less so with the metal frames.

Nick had some nice Raybans in Florida too.

Mike T is out of our league. He's got the Rolex sunglasses that us poor contractors can only dream of. Must be all that loot from the "presidency" :)

Tony Shelton

Big 5 has Serengeti sunglasses, different styles, on sale for $54 this week. The pair I picked up are $199 on Amazon right now.

Glass lenses - photochromic (darken outside) -

I got the NON-polarized because I'm constantly having to look at LCD panels on AC units at all different angles and the polarized just frustrate the crap out of me when I have to keep turning my head just to see the LCD screens.

I also got the dark green instead of the driving lenses because of the brightness on the roofs.

They also came with a really nice hard case and cleaning cloth.

I haven't had Serengetis since the 80's. They were great driving glasses. I couldn't resist a good deal like $54.