• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Any experience with cleaning this?

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
This structure is made of some type of plastic/resin or fiberglass. The problem is that it has not been cleaned since construction (13 years) and the white silicone caulk is black and being carried down the panels. I need to clean the caulk - as well as the panels.

Here's what I've tried on the panels: Simple Green, full strength, Krud Kutter and an industrial non-butyl cleaner supplied by the property manager. All were applied with a car-wash brush and rinsed without pressure. The streaks were reduced, but shadows remained. I also tried a Magic Eraser (in a small, inconspicuous area) and it did a fair job of removing the shadows.

On the caulk, I used varying %'s of chlorine - including 12.5%. It lightened the caulk to gray. Even with scrubbing, I could not get it white.

I spoke with Mike at Eacochem and he's sending me a care package.

Attachments

• ccf7.jpg
    ccf7.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 34
  • ccf5.jpg
    ccf5.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 35
  • ccf3.jpg
    ccf3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31

Ken Fenner

Once caulk is blackened, John, it stays that way. At least that's been my experience throwing everything at it. The panels probably need a resto acid. GS Restoration or OneRestore would be what I would probably go to.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Once caulk is blackened, John, it stays that way. At least that's been my experience throwing everything at it. The panels probably need a resto acid. GS Restoration or OneRestore would be what I would probably go to.

Well, I hope that Eaco Chem has a solution. They sent me before and after pics of a building that looks similar, but... BTW, in addition to the cleaning, the customer is wanting an estimate for waxing!