• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Is it over now?

Russ Spence

I have been checking in here for several days and have seen no activity at all so is it safe to assume the Fat lady sang or what?

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
No the 501 c in California was granted causing this org to be legit just days prior to filing the close.

Since its now a 501c no one has private interest at all. This means in plain English the only people responsible for the org is its members.

Ron Musgraves text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I have been checking in here for several days and have seen no activity at all so is it safe to assume the Fat lady sang or what?

They had the non profit status taken care of awhile ago but there problem is that they need the required BOD's or the fat Lady will be singing..

The Killer here Russ is this---the number one reason why non profits fail taken from the net.

Poor Management
Many a report on nonprofit failures cites poor management as the number one reason for failure. New nonprofit leaders frequently lack relevant business and management expertise in areas such as finance, marketing, and hiring and managing employees. Unless they recognize what they don’t do well, and seek help, nonprofit leaders may face disaster.

They must also be educated and alert to fraud, and put into place measures to avoid it.

Nonprofits are held to a much higher standard than are businesses in the broader sector and once trust is lost it is very difficult, if not impossible, to regain.

Neglect of a nonprofit can also be its downfall. Care must be taken to regularly study, organize, plan and control all activities of its operations. This includes the continuing study of market research and client service data, an area which may be more prone to disregard once a nonprofit has been established.

A successful manager is also a good leader who creates a work climate that encourages productivity. He or she has a skill at hiring competent people, training them and is able to delegate. A good leader is also skilled at strategic thinking, able to make a vision a reality, and able to confront change, make transitions, and envision new possibilities for the future.

If you look at the above you can see where the UAMCC failed when it should have worked. Now you get people who lost the trust and faith in this and it is darn near impossible to bring it back.

Can the UAMCC come back?? It's easy to say yes but from what I heard no one wants to take on the BOD slots..

Personally I looked at the UAMCC for along time. Had many talks with John Orr and a few others if it can come back. The UAMCC is not in the red from what I was told... But is it worth the effort for some people that have been there before to try and resurrect the UAMCC? I thought about that for months because I'm walking away from one part of my life and this looked like an interesting challenge... But ultimately from the people I know they lost interest. So without them it wasn't worth it for me because I would need them to be on board.

I just talked to Mike Pontillo about this 3 days ago.

The UAMCC Needs new and highly motivated individuals to stand a chance along with some old timers who still feel motivated... But guys like myself have finally realized that when it's time to hold them you go for it,, this case it's time to walkaway and in my case I wish them luck so I'm not going to completely foldem on the UAMCC .. but the heartache and the headache is once again for me.. No longer worth it.. Getting to old to reinvent the wheel.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I have all the bod members to bring us strong into 2012.

Will have a hella convention too!!

This org not dead!!

Fat lady is still just fat!!

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
So many contractors are waiting to join the UAMCC but are waiting to see when and if anything is going to happen other than talk. Myself included. There has been talk of a new election and BOD. Well, either get on with it, leave it as is, or shut it down. Whatever the choice is, let's do something so we can move on.

You have a man that is willing and able to take this org to the next level in Ron Musgraves, what on earth are you waiting on. Have a vote and see if he get's elected.

I have told Ron, that if he were to get elected, I am willing to help him in and support him and this org any way I can. Personally I would like to be the Communications/Membership Director. (it can be a BOD position or not, I could care less about the title) I just want to be the guy that keeps everybody informed as to what is going on as far as current events with the org and stays in contact with every member on a regular basis, and begins the process of helping ANY contractor when they need it. Member or not. And believe me, if we help them and their not members, they will become members. If this is not what Ron needs me to do, I will do whatever he asks.

There is an old saying..."if you keep on doing what your doing your gonna keep on gettin what your gettin". If this thing is going to make it it's gotta stop doing whats it been doing and make some changes.

And yes, since it's been said, I am a Ron minion and a trojan horse, (two badges I wear proudly and looking for more badges) I think his leadership, surrounded by some great people that have already served here, and others that have not, is the only chance this org has.

So, now I ask this, who is in charge here? Is there actually a BOD here? A President? If there is, I ask one or all of you to please answer this one simple question?

What does it take to have an election and appoint a new President and BOD?

Ken Fenner

I have all the bod members to bring us strong into 2012.

Will have a hella convention too!!

This org not dead!!

Fat lady is still just fat!!

Sounds good but what about the step in between.. the election? Do you know if that is happening? Its December in a few days with holidays and one month to sort this out for the new year. I don't talk to anyone about this stuff and I'm sure even if I did, no one would really know the answer. Ron, is there activity going on?

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Sounds good but what about the step in between.. the election? Do you know if that is happening? Its December in a few days with holidays and one month to sort this out for the new year. I don't talk to anyone about this stuff and I'm sure even if I did, no one would really know the answer. Ron, is there activity going on?

Ken will have a town hall if after tonight's bod call they don't rally with something.

John , mike and randy didn't expect the support I guess. They now have it in full force. There are people willing to support. There are vendors ready to kick in dollars.

Plus we need other things.. Many many things .

Please everyone don't blame anyone. It's time we work together, be transparent regardless if the news is good or bad. It's time to just do the best we can do and see what happens.

Randy I reached out to and he called me. He said the bod will talk this evening.

I'll call John Orr today and ask him what's up.

I suspect will have a bunch of folks helping when it's time. I have some folks that said they will run if needed to. These are not Ron lovers , they are independent thinking business men who realize that at the end of the day we may have differences in life but the national stage needs representation from contractors. We need to be united in one front solid to work together as a force towards common goals. Personalities take a backseat to accomplishing these goals.

It's my intentions that we hold true to a mission statement and when conflicts arise we look at the common goals as men to push forward and succeed to obtain our objectives.

This org will be alive and well. It is now and if I have anything to do with it we will be number one in the cleaning industry.

Awareness , training , networking and contractor success will be focused on to build and find the people willing to help build the dream that's been started. We have been awaken during this dream to use the bathroom more than once. Often when things have been going badly. Fortunately in life we awake each day with a drive to continue forward no mater how bad things look. Today and tomorrow might just be one of those days we have all had. I intend on waking each day and making this org better by the minute.

Guy Blackmon

Good post John T! And you're right. I think there are a bunch of contractors waiting to join, but as you said they're waiting for strong leadership to emerge, and that's no slight to present directors. The Org is too much to handle for 3 people.

It's time for elections, so let's get on with it. I have reached out to the Bod to let them know if they need help I will be glad to jump in and do what I can.

As Ron said the past is the past, I would like to see some of the TT team back in here helping, I would like to even see Carlos back in some fashion. It's time to pull together and not apart.

I wish the suspicions of certain people that are offering help would stop. At this point I don't think the industry can afford to lose the UAMCC. This will only leave us with the "Evil Empire" which I see as a destructive force if not put into check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Tornabene

Member Guest
All you have to do is look back and learn. There is or shouldnt be any more blame game. That model should have worked. It really was inexperience,certain things handled incorrectly(my personal biggest mistake) but it really should have worked.

if the UAMCC can build as an org that it was supposed to be and get away with the public display of where the best and the only org that is going to matter type stuff and just build themselves up to be an org that you should and want to belong to...and get volunteers.. They will be on track where tbey were at there highest moments.

You cant forget that many companies belong to so many different orgs and the goal is to not pit them against that. If you can do that then you'll get crossovers also.

Dont take this wrong...but experience tells me..that is most likely not going to happen. Where great they suck mentality sinks ships.

Promote why this org matters then you got a shot and don't be led blindly on any important issues or once again your going to get the 1 step forward and 2 steps back and eventually stuck in the mud.

Good luck.

William Page

I believe this org will only survive if it restarts on the promise to undo the pwna and stop that org from shutting down contractors thru bmp's and collective bargaining tactics.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
It's a done deal
a6cd0e58-c0d3-c3b5.jpg

Guy Blackmon

Promote why this org matters then you got a shot and don't be led blindly on any important issues or once again your going to get the 1 step forward and 2 steps back and eventually stuck in the mud.Good luck.

Great idea John!

Let's start with the UAMCC is the only Member owned mobile cleaner Org.

The only "Non-Profit" mobile cleaner Org.

The only mobile cleaner Org. That has a forum where Members and non-members can interact with each other and the leadership (last one will be worked on).

That the UAMCC is not controlled by distributors.

That the UAMCC does not spread disinformation about our Industry that will put contractors under more regulation.

That the UAMCC nor it's leadership consider pressure washers "Polluters" or a large contributor to pollution and illegal discharges.

That the UAMCC will never lie about implementing a BMP by telling contractors it will not be shopped around to local and State Governments, and them does so.

That the UAMCC will benefit all Members equally, and not just a select few.

That the UAMCC will never "peek in your back yard".

That the UAMCC will do more than sit there and take video when people with guns talk to pressure washers about subjects they are not educated in.

I could go on, these are just off the top of my head.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Hey guy I'm all talked out about this stuff. Ron wants me to call him but I'm done. I'm at the point of just texting because these calls can go for hours.

Basically here is the Jist of it. I'm texting Ron that on my job we belonged to a few associations through my union. The most powerful one in there for us is my own Union. This is for us. But we pay a few thousand a yr to belong to other associations. One of them has 325,000+members. We don't go around denouncing any of them if us guys don't agree with everything they represent.. Why?? It doesn't work. At least not for most groups I know of.

Yes you can throw in the political stuff and that is always a pain in the azz but the associations themselves we don't do it. The negativity will get you nowhere. It serves zero purpose and it's exhausting.

Basically what your saying above.... What do you say to the ones who support the other org or orgs??

This is why I'm sitting this one out. Let the UAMCC prove that they can be excellent for there members but to do that by trying to make other companies,people, orgs or whatever look like there screwballs will not work. It makes it look like you have nothing else to back your self up so let's tear down others.

This is not directed at you Guy and you know I think your aces. This is directed at a bad business plan or attitude in general. Negative will not work.. Prove your Better will, and that is the walk... Not the talk.

Nothing else I can add.. Because I've been there and done that..some good some not so good. Done... And I am or at least was as far as I know a UAMCC member in good standing.

Guy Blackmon

John, I "denounced" nothing or no other whatever here. It was not negative, but just a few positives of being a Member of the UAMCC. If I was wrong anywhere in that list please tell me where.

I know where your loyalty lays in this discussion John, and that's cool, really.

I don't consider you a stupid person John, far far from it, but even you cannot deny the facts and be so blind toward the side you have taken. There's just no way!!!

You're always cool in my book John....Always!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Your right John and like other orgs Uamcc will have identity.

It's the mobile cleaners org. It won't be for sum, others will embrace it. As Daryl Mirza says " we can't please everyone "

The Uamcc only wants to please its customers.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Great idea John!

Let's start with the UAMCC is the only Member owned mobile cleaner Org.

The only "Non-Profit" mobile cleaner Org.

The only mobile cleaner Org. That has a forum where Members and non-members can interact with each other and the leadership (last one will be worked on).

That the UAMCC is not controlled by distributors.

That the UAMCC does not spread disinformation about our Industry that will put contractors under more regulation.

That the UAMCC nor it's leadership consider pressure washers "Polluters" or a large contributor to pollution and illegal discharges.

That the UAMCC will never lie about implementing a BMP by telling contractors it will not be shopped around to local and State Governments, and them does so.

That the UAMCC will benefit all Members equally, and not just a select few.

That the UAMCC will never "peek in your back yard".

That the UAMCC will do more than sit there and take video when people with guns talk to pressure washers about subjects they are not educated in.

I could go on, these are just off the top of my head.

Looks like the beginnings of a great mission statement to me Guy.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Mathew Johnson

Good post John T! And you're right. I think there are a bunch of contractors waiting to join, but as you said they're waiting for strong leadership to emerge, and that's no slight to present directors. The Org is too much to handle for 3 people.

It's time for elections, so let's get on with it. I have reached out to the Bod to let them know if they need help I will be glad to jump in and do what I can.

As Ron said the past is the past, I would like to see some of the TT team back in here helping, I would like to even see Carlos back in some fashion. It's time to pull together and not apart.

I wish the suspicions of certain people that are offering help would stop. At this point I don't think the industry can afford to lose the UAMCC. This will only leave us with the "Evil Empire" which I see as a destructive force if not put into check.

Guy,

I think you are right. Many will join if the org gets its act together. My fear is this, the IRS is very strict with its non-profit status organizations and companies, Each year they publish a list of entities that have had their status revoked. From Little League Organizations to religious orgs, the list spares no one. The concern that no one is communicating with the outside world is concerning, not having a full BOD seated is an issue, not following the by-laws that were submitted to the IRS as part of the paperwork for getting non-profit is an issue. I believe Our (and I mean mine also as I am a charter member) UAMCC President sits on a committee of another Industry org; I worry that he has committments that restrict the time needed to get this org back on track. For whatever reason, the org worked damn hard to get the non-profit status, I hope it doesnt get revoked for poor housekeeping or from a complaint to the IRS by a member, competitor or any person who wants to see this fail.

I have reached out to both John Orr and Mike T regarding the 2012 Pressure Washing Seminar. They may or may not know that the last Seminar I presented was a good event for the UAMCC and generated several thousand dollars for them in new memberships. It is concerning that neither one has responded to my communication. Again, I will give them the benifit of the doubt that they have limited time available and are focused on getting the BOD elections underway.

I think if they can put 10 people on the BOD with Doug Ruckers "can do" attitude, the org will have 300 members by July 1st 2012.

Stay after them Guy, It will be up to members like yourself to insure the bylaws are followed, the BOD elections are held and the org moves forward.

Good Luck to you and the UAMCC membership

Mathew Johnson, Vice President
Pressure Washing Services, Inc.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
John, I "denounced" nothing or no other whatever here. It was not negative, but just a few positives of being a Member of the UAMCC. If I was wrong anywhere in that list please tell me where.

I know where your loyalty lays in this discussion John, and that's cool, really.

I don't consider you a stupid person John, far far from it, but even you cannot deny the facts and be so blind toward the side you have taken. There's just no way!!!

You're always cool in my book John....Always!

First off I am with you Guy...where cool. That aside I am on board to have a lively discussion here..because what is there to lose anyway... We all go back to our regular schedule lives:)
Forget all the other orgs that we all know and don't know and who belongs to what. The question here as in my case because I'm a paying member of the Two orgs that is at the center of this discussion.. I go back and forth on which one works best for my business. I made money from my membership with the PWNA in the past and the example of that was a national company came to the PWNA kind of like a RFP and they wanted in there words reputable companies to possibly deal with.

So yes the PWNA has worked for me... Not all the time but for the $350/yr to me it's worth it. When money gets tight at times I think it's not worth it...but then something always seems to happen..such as networking with members etc.

The UAMCC like a few others here and I am nowhere near some of the others, I dumped in a few bucks to support it and at that time I favored them..

Today the PWNA works best for my company so if your saying that my loyalty is there.... Fine. There growing as we speak and my paid membership is becoming more valuable because like the UAMCC I Market my membership.

I never agreed with everything anyone of these orgs represent. I also never went in blind. All I do is weigh out if it's worth it.

Today probably most say the UAMCC is not worth it.. And remember I paid the last time they asked for my membership here. Let the UAMCC prove it's worth being a member. If it's going to be all about griping about the PWNA and who got picked over there for what and who is who and the never ending finger pointing but nothing getting done.. Is it worth it?

Those arguments maybe because I hit the grand old age of 50 is just a total waste of time. It's Internet ratings only with that when in reality nothing is getting done.

So if the goal is to get this org. driven over complaining about the other one......it's not going to work. If this org is driven by giving there members some good benefits with a good business plan...well that's the way it was working last time and it was working... then the collapse because without counting the garbage on the net (unlike another catalyst of that I'll take my fair share of blame there) suddenly became how great the PWNA is....and the UAMCC bites..... That mentality is predestined to fail.

Forget anyone else. Drive this org. With positive stuff and keep the personal vendettas out then like the way The UAMCC was doing a couple of years ago this org can grow...

Guy Blackmon

Guy,

I think you are right. Many will join if the org gets its act together. My fear is this, the IRS is very strict with its non-profit status organizations and companies, Each year they publish a list of entities that have had their status revoked. From Little League Organizations to religious orgs, the list spares no one. The concern that no one is communicating with the outside world is concerning, not having a full BOD seated is an issue, not following the by-laws that were submitted to the IRS as part of the paperwork for getting non-profit is an issue. I believe Our (and I mean mine also as I am a charter member) UAMCC President sits on a committee of another Industry org; I worry that he has committments that restrict the time needed to get this org back on track. For whatever reason, the org worked damn hard to get the non-profit status, I hope it doesnt get revoked for poor housekeeping or from a complaint to the IRS by a member, competitor or any person who wants to see this fail.

I have reached out to both John Orr and Mike T regarding the 2012 Pressure Washing Seminar. They may or may not know that the last Seminar I presented was a good event for the UAMCC and generated several thousand dollars for them in new memberships. It is concerning that neither one has responded to my communication. Again, I will give them the benifit of the doubt that they have limited time available and are focused on getting the BOD elections underway.

I think if they can put 10 people on the BOD with Doug Ruckers "can do" attitude, the org will have 300 members by July 1st 2012.

Stay after them Guy, It will be up to members like yourself to insure the bylaws are followed, the BOD elections are held and the org moves forward.

Good Luck to you and the UAMCC membership

Mathew Johnson, Vice President
Pressure Washing Services, Inc.

Good points Matt. I do hope one of the directors will contact you about your event. I hope there is not an underlying current trying to derail this Org. But it would not surprise me.

I hope many voices will join mine & hopefully be heard.