• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

UAMCC BY-laws amendments that went out a few weeks ago.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
If these By-law Amendments that were sent out a few weeks ago where the changes that were put down in Red and if they where amended then to keep it simple stupid(KISS now that's out of date) it looks like you have a way to get new BOD'S right away.

You probably should take GUY out as the nominating chair person because according to the bylaws he is not a past president. That whole section V cannot be followed at this time because you don't have the ability to follow it and in non profits you have to follow your bylaws so nobody can drag you down...I only glanced over this since I'm reading two things at once....sorry..

But it looks like you have a solution that's fast and works if those amendments in red where put into place.

You have to much to do so do the quick fix for now.
Go to Article VII Officers section 4 Removal/resignation. It also says for officers who Just leaves....in big red Letters it says that the current president Mike T. Can replace them with Board Approval. That is key here for the org now if it was amended to accept that.

So Mike can pick anyone and you don't have the right procedures in place to do the nominations according to the Bylaws. This is an easy fix for now... Mike or anyone can put a post out for who wants to be what. If you get enough names ask them what position they want.. But Mike can pick anyone with Boards approval according to the amended BYLAWS. So mike only needs approval from John Orr and Randy if hes still on. Put a post right out there who wants to be what.. We all know Ron wants to be the Pres..so you make him a VP and then let's say Guy the treasurer or Secretary whichever is higher..if Guys interested etc etc down to every last position.. Then Mike Resigns and steps down but still has some clout because he is the Official past President including being the official Chair of a nomination committee according to the bylaws. Everybody gets moved up and now Mike has to follow the Bylaws to get the last remaining Bod slot filled thru the proper procedures... Then Bam your done..and it's legal of those or at least that amendment was done.

Now you have just about a full board. Technically Ron can now pick some one and only the Board has to approve it because these slots were left open by people leaving... So in reality you can have a full board in a couple of days if needed and you followed the Bylaws at hand. Get that section where the current Pres. Mike T. amended ASAP and fix all the rest when the full board is in and you can follow the strict rules of the prosperous non profits like there meant to be.

There's probably your best legal quick fix... And now you are just about fully operational and I'll take the ED slot...thats in "Ed the talking horse" darn I'm getting old. But my mind is clear. Yup another old person saying...

Now absorb that and see of it works..K got to get back to what I was doing.
Good Luck.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
John, I don't have the changes in front of me, but I think you have them backward. Changes - like the past pres needing to chair the nominating committee - were exactly the type of changes that were made. The way the bylaws were originally written, it was not possible to have an election. That has now been corrected.

As far as Mike being able to name interim Directors, that has been happening from the beginning - including when Scott replaced you. This close to the election, it seemed best to wait and let the membership decide. (Not to mention, folks weren't exactly beating down the door to volunteer! LOL)

John Tornabene

Member Guest
John, I don't have the changes in front of me, but I think you have them backward. Changes - like the past pres needing to chair the nominating committee - were exactly the type of changes that were made. The way the bylaws were originally written, it was not possible to have an election. That has now been corrected.

As far as Mike being able to name interim Directors, that has been happening from the beginning - including when Scott replaced you. This close to the election, it seemed best to wait and let the membership decide. (Not to mention, folks weren't exactly beating down the door to volunteer! LOL)
Lol.. Ok my bad.. I'm looking at those amemendments and it says the nominating committee chair has to be an ex president... Then it has The president can pick in red to replace ones who left with board approval. Just looking to help you CYOA because the thing with these non profits is when people feel like something is not right because for any reason including the wrong reasons the bylaws come up. There like the constitution in these things...
I could have read it wrong for sure. Anyway out the door I go.. I'll wait for the ballots to come out.. Quick note on the bylaws make them as easy as possible without to much in there because they work better that way.