• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Nomination & Voting Questions

Guy Blackmon

OK, there have been a few questions about the Nomination procedures, the who, and how, I guess you would call it. So I will try to explain it as best I can.

Paid Contractor Members in good standing are the only ones that can Nominate, Vote, & Run for a Board Seat.

There will be 9 seats open.

4 seats are the Executive Board, this is made up of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, & Secretary. If a Member is nominating someone or yourself for one of these seats, please specify which seat you are nominating them (or yourself) for.

There are 5 other seats (I guess these are called "At Large Seats") open. If you are nominating someone (or yourself) for one of these seats please specify them for an at large seat.

If you are Nominating someone or yourself PLEASE CONTACT ME. Either by phone, PM, email (guy@pressurekleen.net) but I will need to talk to (personally) the Person being nominated. Nominees Must email me (guy@pressurekleen.net) a letter of “Intent” stating their Intention of running for their specific Board seat.

In the next week Nominees will be asked to post a short Bio of themselves and why they are running for their specific Board seat.

Nominations will end Midnight December 16 2011. Members will receive an email with a printable ballot. Members will fill out these ballots and mail or fax them to UAMCC Headquarters in Va. Deadline for turning in ballots will be Midnight December 31 2011. Mail in ballots must be postmarked no later than December 31 to be valid.

Any Questions?

John Tornabene

Member Guest
So since most hasn't caught up with there payments because we were never asked are we still members in good standing that can vote but for our vote to count we must get in our membership fee by the end of the month or our vote won't count. Does that seem to be about right?

Guy Blackmon

From my conversations with the BOD about this, yes John that is correct.

Election results should be announced somewhere around Jan. 6 2012, this is not firm yet but pretty close.

Thad Eckhoff

What if someone runs for an executive seat and doesn't win it- do his votes count toward an At Large seat?

Ex.- If Timmy runs for Secretary and gets 4 votes but Jimmy got 5 and won Secretary do Timmy's 4 votes win him the At Large seat that Tommy got 3 votes for?

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
What if someone runs for an executive seat and doesn't win it- do his votes count toward an At Large seat?

Ex.- If Timmy runs for Secretary and gets 4 votes but Jimmy got 5 and won Secretary do Timmy's 4 votes win him the At Large seat that Tommy got 3 votes for?

If I recall correctly, that is how it worked in the initial election. It makes sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Tornabene

Member Guest

Hey Thad are you running for a position?

Russ Spence

Everyone- if you see two 6'3"+ rather beefy rednecks in full sprint GET OUT OF OUR WAY!
Now thats funny!

Thad at least we had some great bonding time during the time we were on the BOD!

I think we got a couple of years of talking out of the way in a couple of weeks.

Guy Blackmon

I don't care what anyone says..... This makes no sense at all!!!!!

So if Obama loses he gets a seat in congress, or the VP Slot?!?!?!

Let's use common sense here people !!!!!

Where in the United States does that kind of thing happen????

If you win your spot, you win. If you lose your spot you lose. Period.

That being said, if there were not enough people running I may be able to understand this better, but that is not going to be the case here.

If I'm mistaken please show me.

Guy Blackmon

If I recall correctly, that is how it worked in the initial election. It makes sense to me.

How can you go from running for an executive board spot and losing, just to have your votes counted for an at large position and winning? Taking away a spot that someone else was running for the whole time?

Makes Sense???? Really????

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
If I recall, Celeste was on the first nominating committee. Maybe she'll remember.

Upon further reflection, it may not be such a good idea, especially since the "loser" of an executive position may not want to be "just" a director. Hmmm.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
As you said Guy, and as it has been, it may make more sense when there aren't enough people running for office. I'm impressed with the response to this election and people's willingness to serve.

Roger Gothorp

I wasn't on any nominating committee but I have to support Guy's position. You get elected for what you are running/nominated for. Loser doesn't get "second" place.

That being said - it's my opinion, not a rule or something. I would just encourage everyone to consider the position that they are placing themselves in or accepting the spot they are nominated for and win it to the best of their ability.