• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Nominees....Please Tell Us About Yourself

Guy Blackmon

Starting this thread so Nominees can introduce themselves to the Membership, and tell us a little about who you are and what you do.

I encourage Contractors to ask Nominees questions specific to the future of the UAMCC.

I ask that questions be respectful and stay on the topic of discussion.

Lets Be Professional.

Thanks!

Charlie Soden

Contributing Member
My Name is Charlie Soden I own Apex DeckSavers, performing quality deck restoration in Central NC. My screenname is BigChaz on the other forums.

I'm 23 years old, I started doing decks after my freshman year in college. I ran my business part time during college every summer and graduated with a Bachelors degree in Entrepreneurship and Business Development in 2010. I've been full time since then, employing 1 full time employee and 3 part time employees.

I don't wash houses, I don't clean concrete, don't clean gutters, I don't paint, I don't do graffitti, I dont do hoods, I don't wash windows, I don't mow grass, I don't clean roofs. We do 100% wood restoration for residential decks, fences, playsets, etc.

I'm single, I have no wife, no girlfriend, no pets, a couple friends, and a pretty boring life. I hate the EPA, I don't like liberals, I don't like people telling contractors how to run their business or the government forcing them to do certain things, I hate taxes, and I don't like people who put their windshield wipers on full force when its drizzling out. I don't particurally like the awareness the BMPs have generated on our industry and I especially don't like the PWNA shopping them around. I don't like people thinking pressure washing companies are "polluters" and I don't like being compared to the dry cleaning industry.

I served as Student Body Vice President and Senate President for my college campus of 12,000 students and in that position managed a $580,000 budget, advised 43 at-large members of a student run Senate and worked with a paid executive cabinet also of 8 students. My mission then, and mission now is to be responsive to the needs of the voters and open and available to new ideas. I'll provide common sense feedback and push for ideas to make the UAMCC a place where individual contractors can feel like their membership was worth it. Maybe they learn to increase their bottom line, improve their marketing, learn a new service that can be added, develop good relationships with other members and vendors, etc, etc. I don't have a ton of brilliant plans or ideas but I guarantee a lot of our members do have those ideas and I'll do my best to be an advocate and resource in seeing those implemented as best as possible.

My hobbies are doing yard work, playing with tools, watching the History Channel and doing jigsaw puzzles. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I will devote 40 hours a week as a Board member. However clearly I have surplus time this winter and I'm willing to accept that maybe I don't get quite as many puzzles done as usual because I'm spending that time working on the UAMCC Board.

Jeff LeCours

My Name is Charlie Soden I own Apex DeckSavers, performing quality deck restoration in Central NC. My screenname is BigChaz on the other forums.

I'm 23 years old, I started doing decks after my freshman year in college. I ran my business part time during college every summer and graduated with a Bachelors degree in Entrepreneurship and Business Development in 2010. I've been full time since then, employing 1 full time employee and 3 part time employees.

I don't wash houses, I don't clean concrete, don't clean gutters, I don't paint, I don't do graffitti, I dont do hoods, I don't wash windows, I don't mow grass, I don't clean roofs. We do 100% wood restoration for residential decks, fences, playsets, etc.

I'm single, I have no wife, no girlfriend, no pets, a couple friends, and a pretty boring life. I hate the EPA, I don't like liberals, I don't like people telling contractors how to run their business or the government forcing them to do certain things, I hate taxes, and I don't like people who put their windshield wipers on full force when its drizzling out. I don't particurally like the awareness the BMPs have generated on our industry and I especially don't like the PWNA shopping them around. I don't like people thinking pressure washing companies are "polluters" and I don't like being compared to the dry cleaning industry.

I served as Student Body Vice President and Senate President for my college campus of 12,000 students and in that position managed a $580,000 budget, advised 43 at-large members of a student run Senate and worked with a paid executive cabinet also of 8 students. My mission then, and mission now is to be responsive to the needs of the voters and open and available to new ideas. I'll provide common sense feedback and push for ideas to make the UAMCC a place where individual contractors can feel like their membership was worth it. Maybe they learn to increase their bottom line, improve their marketing, learn a new service that can be added, develop good relationships with other members and vendors, etc, etc. I don't have a ton of brilliant plans or ideas but I guarantee a lot of our members do have those ideas and I'll do my best to be an advocate and resource in seeing those implemented as best as possible.

My hobbies are doing yard work, playing with tools, watching the History Channel and doing jigsaw puzzles. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I will devote 40 hours a week as a Board member. However clearly I have surplus time this winter and I'm willing to accept that maybe I don't get quite as many puzzles done as usual because I'm spending that time working on the UAMCC Board.

LIAR!!!! Charlie likes me and I'm a liberal LOL

For those that don't know Charlie, he's a nice guy and smart guy. He still has a lot of lifes lessons to learn, as any 23 year old would. We all have a lot to learn. I truly believe he would be an asset on the BOD.

Good luck Chaz, you have my vote!!!

The college resume is a HUGE plus too

Charlie Soden

Contributing Member
LIAR!!!! Charlie likes me and I'm a liberal LOL

For those that don't know Charlie, he's a nice guy and smart guy. He still has a lot of lifes lessons to learn, as any 23 year old would. We all have a lot to learn. I truly believe he would be an asset on the BOD.

Good luck Chaz, you have my vote!!!

The college resume is a HUGE plus too

Just saw this Jeff, thanks and your right always lots of lessons to learn and its important to always be willing to learn it.

LOL and for everyone out there reading this, Jeff is right he's the only liberal I like! But you know its like a child you can't be mad at him for not knowing any better ;) HAHAH JK!!!!!

Guy Blackmon

My name is Guy Blackmon Owner of Pressure Kleen Power Washing Service. We service all of Southeastern North Carolina & Beyond. Our area of expertise is Residential Homes, Buildings, Apartment, Town home, & Condo Community exterior cleaning.

We’ve been in business coming up on 6 years Professionally, but I started Pressure Kleen in 1990 after my Fathers death.

Wonderful Wife of 21 years Mary, 3 Children, 2 Grandchildren.

I am, and have been a licensed and certified as a Grade II Wastewater Treatment Operator in the state of North Carolina for the last 12 years.

I served as a interim BOD Member of the UAMCC for almost a year, but had to leave the post because of a personal tragedy and Family issues that have since been resolved. I have a deep abiding affection, passion & respect for our Industry, and enjoy a Friendship and Fellowship with many of the Contractors that are part of it.

When we were just getting started we relied on the advice of other Contractors in our area. 3 of the most influential people that helped us get started are Celeste & Roger Gothorp and Jeff LeCours. I have been blessed enough to be able to “Pay It Forward” and have helped several Contractors in our area get started as well.

I don’t pull punches, don’t believe in the word “Politically Correct”. I don’t start fights, but I won’t run from one either. If I am wrong, I have no problem admitting it. I speak my mind not someone else’s. Am honest to a fault. I search for the “Greater Good” not the spotlight. My glass is always half full, and I really hate talking about myself.

I have believed in this Org. from its rebirth. I have always believed that there should be a balance in our Industry. One that is not self serving to a few, but one that represents all Members. I would like to see our Industry rise above the misconceptions that most people have of us, and change the perceptions of the Local, State & Federal Officials that have been spoon fed misinformation about our Industry for the last 25 years.

I will only serve the best interests of our Membership, and not the interests of myself or anyone else. If I am not elected, I will volunteer to help the Membership of the UAMCC in any capacity necessary to further the future of this Important Organization.

Thank You,

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
John Orr
Owner/Operator
Low-Pressure Exterior Cleaning
Current UAMCC Treasurer
john@lowpsi.com
Chesapeake, Virginia

Wow! What Can I say? I was asked to write a bio to introduce myself to the membership. After reading some of the other candidates’ bios, I realized that mine isn't as flashy or as impressive as some. I wash houses in the Tidewater Area of Virginia, and have since 2000. The bottom line for our members is that I was elected in the first UAMCC election to fill an at-large Board seat. Shortly after the election, I was asked to fill the vacancy that opened-up at the Treasurer’s position and I have served as UAMCC Treasurer for the past 2 years. In that time, every penny that has either been paid to, or by, the UAMCC is accounted for.

I look back to the days before that fateful meeting the day after an ACR Roundtable, where a handful of us met to discuss the possibility of an organization like UAMCC. Many of those same people are still around, as members, hoping to seethe fulfillment of that vision. I, for one, am glad to still be here and look forward to that fulfillment.

I wish to thank all of those that are running for placing their faith in our org and for having the vision of what we can and should be. The long road to this election has been a bumpy one – to say the least – but I believe, that with the proper leadership, the dream of a “For Contractors, By Contractors” can be realized.

Kemp Normand

I am Kemp Normand of All Pro Powerwashing in Northwest Florida nominated for the At-Large seat. My professional resume is;

Been in the exterior property cleaning business professionaly for 4 years. Our service area has been from Panama City, Florida to Mobile, Alabama along the Gulf Coast.

I was in the US Air Force for 20 years, worked for the Boeing Co. as a technical writer for almost 9 years before I decided to work my business full time. I also have a Masters degree in Business Management from Troy State University. I am a member of the board for my local BNI group (Business Network Internatial) Check yours out, it is really worth it to grow you business. I also belong to our local Chamber of Commerce and a few other network groups.

We do residential cleaning from roofs on down to concrete, commercial property from roofs to concrete, wood deck and fence restoration, fleet wash and RV cleaning, restauarant floors and exterior and condo and townhome exterior cleaning.

I usually refer my window jobs to a local window cleaner and he refers his pressure washing jobs to us. It is tough to do windows properly unless you really know what you are doing. Gotta respect a good window guy. We also do not detail vehicles as a rule.

I am not a spotlight kinda guy. I am perfectly content to work in the background to grow the UAMCC and the cleaning industry. For years I have tried to raise the bar for contract cleaners both professionally and in the eyes of the customer. I can't do it alone. The UAMCC is a great vehicle to spread the word nationally to both customers and contractors on what a great and valuable service we can provide time and time again. It's a WIN-WIN for all of us. That is my major goal to accomplish as a BOD member of the UAMCC.

Kemp Normand

Michael Tessaro

Im Michael Tessaro. Im a charter member of the UAMCC and on the current BOD. I have stuck it out with John Orr from the beginning. That almost sounds like punishment. I was originally VP but had to step up to Pres when Scott Millen resigned. I wanted to be on the BOD but didnt want to be pres but by default I was there. Iam more comfortable being out of the spotlight. But we dont always get to do what we want. Ive helped with others to keep the UAMCC afloat. It has been taxing personally. But I think we as an ORG have made it over the hump or hill and can now move forward. I think we now have a future.

About me, If you really need to know. I have a BS in Art Education. Ive taught in Public and Private school. Ive owned several businesses. Ive owned and operated Centex Pressure Washing Service since 1987 specializing in KEC. Ive been on different BOD from Church Boards to Chamber of Commerce to Pressure Washing industry related orgs. Im seasoned, experienced, hard working and honest and have been around for a while. Ive been married to the same woman for 36 years. Many of you have met Patricia at different events as she has traveled to some of the Round Table events. She was the teacher / instructor at Tampa 2011 for the UAMCC Safety Program, which I would like to see continue. Im a hands on, left handed, inventor, tinkerer, entrepreneur, mr fixit, builder, tools and big boy toys type of guy. Sometimes Im easily distracted. Well that about sums it up.

Guy Blackmon

I'm posting this for Tony Shelton. He can't post this, and I won't go into why. So here is his Bio.

I am Tony Shelton, one of the owners of Sonitx based in Las Vegas, NV.

I believe in God. I believe he put us here for a reason and I believe in searching out that reason, completing it to the best of my ability and then returning home to live with him. I believe he put us here ideally to help each other make it through our brief stay here.

I believe in individual responsibility and very limited government involvement in our lives and our businesses.

I believe in hard work and well deserved rest and recreation.

I do not believe we should be working towards licensing our profession. Licensing hasn’t improved the quality of work in the HVAC or Automotive repair industry one IOTA and it won’t improve ours either. In the end licensing will just be a revenue generation source for the government.

I believe the answer to “low ballers” is to dig in and keep our nose to the grindstone. There’s a reason Hyundai is still around and charging prices close to Toyota now and YUGO is gone. YUGO was a lowballer. Hyundai dug in for the long haul and continuously did a good job for a fair price and continued to improve!! Meanwhile the ones who relied on the government are bankrupt (i.e. Chevy) If we improve ourselves and keep trudging along we will outlast them without selling our souls to the devil with more regulations.

I believe that we need to endeavor to continue to improve our services and continue to price competitively. This is a new economy. The old ways of thought don’t work in this economy. I will push for the UAMCC to show contractors how to be more cost effective as a means to increase income.

I do not believe we should be trying to make GENERAL rules or BMP’s across the board for all contractors in all areas. On the contrary I believe most if not all of our money should be spent changing the minds of those in government to understand that we are the solution and not the problem.

I believe in service. Logo rent and lots of “bennies” are fine for regular members. But I believe the job of a BOD is to serve. I believe that service should be brief, concentrated and effective. One can only give their all for short periods of time. Everyone needs to take a break after a term or two. Maybe even a permanent break.

During times of service I don’t believe BOD’s have any business advertising as such. I know this goes against the grain, but it’s just my own personal belief. I don’t have anything against anybody who does advertise it.

I don’t believe any BOD who quits should claim “former BOD” on their advertisements. They should change it to “current Quitter” till their term is up, then never mention it again..

I am a current quitter of the UAMCC forum. When I thought the BOD was doing nothing about negotiating ownership of its corporation and demanding it’s donated URL I washed my hands of it and quit the forum. I thought the UAMCC was extinct at that time. That may have been a mistake. We’ll see how the URL turns out. But either way, that makes me a quitter. I will commit to never do that again.

I believe a man who cheats on his wife will cheat on his business partner. And his org members. If you are one of those guys, I don’t like you and I won’t trust you, Even if you are sitting next to me at a board meeting. There’s another org that would love to have you.

I believe we need good manufacturers and distributors. They provide the building blocks for our businesses. They should make money for their efforts for sure. I believe they also should concentrate on fair pricing and improving quality and service. I am in full support of these types of vendors and manufacturers and enjoy working side by side with them.

BUT IF they are caught digging in the cookie jar of lobbying for restrictions in our industry in a way designed to increase their sales I believe they should be marked and avoided till they go out of business. If they want to work with the government so bad they need to go get a job at the DMV.

I’m not a phone yakker, life is too short. But if I’m not in the middle of something I’ll be glad to talk with anyone and listen to any opposing positions and consider any alternatives.

I believe in open meetings. I believe the BOD meetings should be open and broadcast to all paid members if possible. While two way interaction isn’t possible all the time I am for member input sessions at board meetings and resorting to private executive sessions only for personnel, strategy or other sensitive issues.

Personality wise, I’m not politically correct. I’m not perfect. I make mistakes. I’ve been known to change my stance when proven wrong. I’m a reader. Once I get on a subject I will latch on like a pitbull till there’s not much left for me to learn.

I don’t believe in lying except in war and we aren’t in any wars right here. Again, I’m not perfect and if anything I say ever looks like a lie call me on it right away and keep me on track.

If you aren’t in agreement with any of my positions please don’t vote for me. These are my positions and unless I’m proven wrong on some of these issues I will serve towards the goals of those positions as a UAMCC BOD. I won’t win my way on all of them and I won’t cry when I lose.

If you don’t agree with that stances there are about 9 other fine guys running for the at-large positions that might better represent your interests.

If you find yourself like most, where you agree with some of my stances and disagree with some, then please balance them out and decide if you think I should have your vote.

If I am elected serve proudly, try to use my time wisely and do my best. If I’m not elected I’ll make more money next year.

Either way I win.

Thanks,

Tony Shelton

Tony Shelton
Director of Operations
Sonitx, Inc
845 S. Kenny Way
Las Vegas, NV 89107
702-358-7477
http://www.sonitx.comhttp://www.youtube.com/sonitx
tonyshelton@sonitx.com

Mathew Johnson

I'm posting this for Tony Shelton. He can't post this, and I won't go into why. So here is his Bio.

I am Tony Shelton, one of the owners of Sonitx based in Las Vegas, NV.

I believe in God. I believe he put us here for a reason and I believe in searching out that reason, completing it to the best of my ability and then returning home to live with him. I believe he put us here ideally to help each other make it through our brief stay here.

I believe in individual responsibility and very limited government involvement in our lives and our businesses.

I believe in hard work and well deserved rest and recreation.

I do not believe we should be working towards licensing our profession. Licensing hasn’t improved the quality of work in the HVAC or Automotive repair industry one IOTA and it won’t improve ours either. In the end licensing will just be a revenue generation source for the government.

I believe the answer to “low ballers” is to dig in and keep our nose to the grindstone. There’s a reason Hyundai is still around and charging prices close to Toyota now and YUGO is gone. YUGO was a lowballer. Hyundai dug in for the long haul and continuously did a good job for a fair price and continued to improve!! Meanwhile the ones who relied on the government are bankrupt (i.e. Chevy) If we improve ourselves and keep trudging along we will outlast them without selling our souls to the devil with more regulations.

I believe that we need to endeavor to continue to improve our services and continue to price competitively. This is a new economy. The old ways of thought don’t work in this economy. I will push for the UAMCC to show contractors how to be more cost effective as a means to increase income.

I do not believe we should be trying to make GENERAL rules or BMP’s across the board for all contractors in all areas. On the contrary I believe most if not all of our money should be spent changing the minds of those in government to understand that we are the solution and not the problem.

I believe in service. Logo rent and lots of “bennies” are fine for regular members. But I believe the job of a BOD is to serve. I believe that service should be brief, concentrated and effective. One can only give their all for short periods of time. Everyone needs to take a break after a term or two. Maybe even a permanent break.

During times of service I don’t believe BOD’s have any business advertising as such. I know this goes against the grain, but it’s just my own personal belief. I don’t have anything against anybody who does advertise it.

I don’t believe any BOD who quits should claim “former BOD” on their advertisements. They should change it to “current Quitter” till their term is up, then never mention it again..

I am a current quitter of the UAMCC forum. When I thought the BOD was doing nothing about negotiating ownership of its corporation and demanding it’s donated URL I washed my hands of it and quit the forum. I thought the UAMCC was extinct at that time. That may have been a mistake. We’ll see how the URL turns out. But either way, that makes me a quitter. I will commit to never do that again.

I believe a man who cheats on his wife will cheat on his business partner. And his org members. If you are one of those guys, I don’t like you and I won’t trust you, Even if you are sitting next to me at a board meeting. There’s another org that would love to have you.

I believe we need good manufacturers and distributors. They provide the building blocks for our businesses. They should make money for their efforts for sure. I believe they also should concentrate on fair pricing and improving quality and service. I am in full support of these types of vendors and manufacturers and enjoy working side by side with them.

BUT IF they are caught digging in the cookie jar of lobbying for restrictions in our industry in a way designed to increase their sales I believe they should be marked and avoided till they go out of business. If they want to work with the government so bad they need to go get a job at the DMV.

I’m not a phone yakker, life is too short. But if I’m not in the middle of something I’ll be glad to talk with anyone and listen to any opposing positions and consider any alternatives.

I believe in open meetings. I believe the BOD meetings should be open and broadcast to all paid members if possible. While two way interaction isn’t possible all the time I am for member input sessions at board meetings and resorting to private executive sessions only for personnel, strategy or other sensitive issues.

Personality wise, I’m not politically correct. I’m not perfect. I make mistakes. I’ve been known to change my stance when proven wrong. I’m a reader. Once I get on a subject I will latch on like a pitbull till there’s not much left for me to learn.

I don’t believe in lying except in war and we aren’t in any wars right here. Again, I’m not perfect and if anything I say ever looks like a lie call me on it right away and keep me on track.

If you aren’t in agreement with any of my positions please don’t vote for me. These are my positions and unless I’m proven wrong on some of these issues I will serve towards the goals of those positions as a UAMCC BOD. I won’t win my way on all of them and I won’t cry when I lose.

If you don’t agree with that stances there are about 9 other fine guys running for the at-large positions that might better represent your interests.

If you find yourself like most, where you agree with some of my stances and disagree with some, then please balance them out and decide if you think I should have your vote.

If I am elected serve proudly, try to use my time wisely and do my best. If I’m not elected I’ll make more money next year.

Either way I win.

Thanks,

Tony Shelton

Tony Shelton
Director of Operations
Sonitx, Inc
845 S. Kenny Way
Las Vegas, NV 89107
702-358-7477
http://www.sonitx.comhttp://www.youtube.com/sonitx
tonyshelton@sonitx.com

Thanks tony, I have a couple of questions, call when you can. And btw, what is with the wife cheater paragraph.. Is their infidelity? LOL

Mathew Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk