• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Who can vote for the candidates questions

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Can a distributor vote for a candidate even though a distributor can not run? Also do they fall into the same rules where they can vote even if there membership has expired but if they get in there dues by Dec 31st there vote counts?

Lastly about how many members do we have that there membership has expired or hasn't just yet that can vote so far? Have we picked up any members as of late.

thanks

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Can a distributor vote for a candidate even though a distributor can not run? Also do they fall into the same rules where they can vote even if there membership has expired but if they get in there dues by Dec 31st there vote counts?

Lastly about how many members do we have that there membership has expired or hasn't just yet that can vote so far? Have we picked up any members as of late.

thanks

John you are feeling better, wish I could answer these question but I don't know the answer.

Let's see what happens

Ron Musgraves text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

John Tornabene

Member Guest
John you are feeling better, wish I could answer these question but I don't know the answer.

Let's see what happens

Ron Musgraves text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute
No still feel like shizz. But that's the way it is and I just keep moving forward.. I went to work twice with the flu cause I knew I was working by myself and that was tough and stupid but with the shingles I'm in pain no matter what I do so no point in sitting around and dwelling on it...thanks for asking

Guy Blackmon

thanks

The only thing I can add to this John is that Yes we have picked up several New Members. I will be up dating that list today. I'm very encouraged by the Member renewals too.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer

thanks

Vendor Members do not get a vote. as Guy posted, we have added some new members and their names, along with the names of renewing members,are being posted in another thread. (Its that time of year, so we are making a list and checking it twice.) Every member that renews from November until 12/31 midnight will be posted. The Nominating Committee is working on the list and I can assure you that only those members that have paid/renewed by 12/31 will have their vote counted. I should add that there are some Members that were given memberships in return for their assistance with the formation of the UAMCC that have a vote, but obviously do not need to pay/renew.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Vendor Members do not get a vote. as Guy posted, we have added some new members and their names, along with the names of renewing members,are being posted in another thread. (Its that time of year, so we are making a list and checking it twice.) Every member that renews from November until 12/31 midnight will be posted. The Nominating Committee is working on the list and I can assure you that only those members that have paid/renewed by 12/31 will have their vote counted. I should add that there are some Members that were given memberships in return for their assistance with the formation of the UAMCC that have a vote, but obviously do not need to pay/renew.
So to be considered for a board slot you need a contractors membership because your business no matter what it does it has to have contractor side to it. Did you guys ever determined how much of the persons business is contracting? Example Tom Vogle from ACR and Matt Johnson from PWS do both.

Also does the golden rule of thumb still stands that a board of director can not be a part of any type of vendor stuff like selling to or certifying members thru the UAMCC due to a conflict of interest?

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
So to be considered for a board slot you need a contractors membership because your business no matter what it does it has to have contractor side to it. Did you guys ever determined how much of the persons business is contracting? Example Tom Vogle from ACR and Matt Johnson from PWS do both.

Also does the golden rule of thumb still stands that a board of director can not be a part of any type of vendor stuff like selling to or certifying members thru the UAMCC due to a conflict of interest?

ARTICLE III

Section 1. Classifications of Membership. Classifications of membership in the Corporation shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
a) Contractor Member. Any company or sole proprietorship actively engaged in providing pressure washing and contract cleaning services to the public shall be eligible for Contractor membership. Contractor member companies shall be entitled to all rights and privileges of membership, and shall maintain one (1) vote at all official meetings of the Association.
b) Supplier Member. Any company, which sells, manufacturers produces or distributes pressure washing equipment, chemicals, or related products or services (such as insurance, legal and accounting services) and is not a contractor shall be eligible for Vendor membership. Vendor members shall be entitled to all rights and privileges of membership, with the exception of voting privileges. No Supplier Member shall hold a position on the Board of Directors.

Section 7. Requirements for Membership. Requirements for all classes of membership shall be established by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
a) All members shall possess qualities of good character and conduct themselves to a high standard of business ethics. Such firms and their representatives shall be required to uphold and promote the aims and goals of the Association, its Bylaws, and other governing documents.
b) Companies eligible for membership under more than one category, as specified within these bylaws, must apply for one category of membership only, which represents the primary business of the applicant.

OK, I wanted to respond last night, but I didn't have the By-Laws handy. As you can see, Article III covers all of your questions. No vendors on the BOD. By definition, if a member's primary business is getting wet - and they sign-up as a Contractor Member - then they are one. So, if a BOD member (by definition a Contractor Member) also sells a product or service, as long as it is not their primary business, it's allowed. This is MY interpretation of the By-Laws as they were written. (BTW the only changes to the By-Laws were regarding the election process.) As far as any conflict of interest, I would assume that a BOD would deal with that on an as-needed basis.

Hope that helps!

Oh yeah, specifically, as I understand our By-Laws, Tom is a vendor (even though he may also do some powerwashing) and Matt is a contractor (even though he also hosts events) This rule would also cover Thad - a contractor that also conducts events.

All of the above - IMHO.