• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

House Wash in Israel

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
Got an interesting email today. I think he needs an acidic cleaner to clean the beach sand out. Not sure if he has properly identified the contaminant as (mold). Any ideas. Personal info removed:

Hi,

I live in Ginot Shomron Israel. My house was built in the mid 1980s. It is a block construction finished with stucco and is covered with black mold. The original stucco was off white and now looks like beige (beach sand). I'd like to get the original color back and remove the mold. Here are pictures of moldy houses on my street -
I tried to remove the mold with straight bleach. It was a lot of work painting bleach on the stucco.

Then I tried spraying the straight 12% bleach onto the stucco using a compressor with a sprayer attachment. The bleach didn't get rid of the black. It seemed to work over a period of days but did not clean and brighten the stucco. Some of it looked whiter, the rest not. I tried Jomax mildew and Mold remover spray (they don't import the Jomax concentrate to Israel). That was also not effective.

I've look online and found that most people are using mixes of bleach, TSP and Detergent. A few add alcohol.

I just bought a 55lbs sack of TSP powder to try. I mixed 3 cups of TSP with a gallon of 12% bleach and 1.5 gallons of water in a garden sprayer. I sprayed it on the stucco, waited 20 min while it sat on the stucco and hosed the area with a stiff spray from my garden hose. That wasn't any more effective then just bleach. I've also tried straight Lye, TSP with bleach, Tide laundry detergent and alcohol, straight Oxy-bleach, Citric acid.

Can you recommend anything that will help? I can get many raw chemicals from my local wholesaler.

I have:
70% Alcohol
TSP
12% Chlorine
Sodium Hydroxide

(I can get borax, but I have to buy a 25kg sack)

I'd like to make a small batch and see how it works.

Is there a recipe that you know of that I can try?

I own a ladder, backpack sprayer and an air compressor with a chemical sprayer attachment.

Regards,

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
Yea I am a little skeptical as he blind cc'ed a bunch of people. As long as you do not send any personal info or try to exchange money no scam can be performed. The link is real and clean. So if anyone else is looking at this email, send the guy info about cleaning if you want to, but do not accept any payments, send money or share personal info.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
I've gotten several from him. I just delete without opening them. Not taking any chances.

Doug Rucker Clean and Green Solutions 281.883.8470