• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Business questions

Damaris Sutton

All these questions are only meant to get feedback as suggestions. I know in the end I have to research and find out the best path for me.

1.What structure for my business. LLC, S-Corp or INC?
2.What amount of ins since I will go residential as well as commercial for the pm side of things as well and do you have a suggestion as to what company.
3.Suggest a Payroll company to use?
4.Would you suggest a business plan model and if so where can I find one? Would S.C.O.R.E. be a good source to look into?
5.As far as getting my feet in the door with a starter system what would be good? I was looking at the udor Zeta or the fatboy from Bob or can you suggest something different?
6.When I decide to get into the commercial end when I am doing the condo scene what type of rig in detail would get the job done?
7.Should I hire a person to keep the books or is that something when I get into making the serious money? I lean towards the idea that if there is a mistake made it will not be me making it, but I also realize that when I stand in front of the IRS it will fall to me only.

O.K. thats it. I will just try and glean knowledge from this board and try to marinade my mind with the correct information.

Jimmy

CleanKing

All these questions are only meant to get feedback as suggestions. I know in the end I have to research and find out the best path for me.

1.What structure for my business. LLC, S-Corp or INC?
2.What amount of ins since I will go residential as well as commercial for the pm side of things as well and do you have a suggestion as to what company.
3.Suggest a Payroll company to use?
4.Would you suggest a business plan model and if so where can I find one? Would S.C.O.R.E. be a good source to look into?
5.As far as getting my feet in the door with a starter system what would be good? I was looking at the udor Zeta or the fatboy from Bob or can you suggest something different?
6.When I decide to get into the commercial end when I am doing the condo scene what type of rig in detail would get the job done?
7.Should I hire a person to keep the books or is that something when I get into making the serious money? I lean towards the idea that if there is a mistake made it will not be me making it, but I also realize that when I stand in front of the IRS it will fall to me only.

O.K. thats it. I will just try and glean knowledge from this board and try to marinade my mind with the correct information.

Jimmy

You can find the answer to many of your questions by searching this and other powerwashing boards. I will give you suggestions on some of them though.

1. Your business entity (LLC, Inc, etc.) depends on many factors, whether you have employees and liability issues are some of the main ones. You mentioned S.C.O.R.E. - talk to them about this, they are very helpful. They have a biz start up program called Core Four. It's highly recommended and worth taking.

2. 2 million dollar liability insurance should be enough for what you want to do. Workers comp if you have employees.

4. Score can help you with your business model. You need to create your own to fit your needs and goals.

5 and 6. Call a local distributor and tell them what you want to clean and your budget. They will point you in the right direction as to what rig to get for your situation.

7. Hiring someone to keep the books is great, if you can afford it. Most do it on their own at first to keep cost down. I think it also might help you understand what's happening in your business as well.

Most Importantly - I would suggest that you educate yourself as much as possible on all aspects of business. I mean really go nuts! Read as much as you can. Read the boards. Go to SCORE and get a counseler, it's free! Now go get em!

Damaris Sutton

Most Importantly - I would suggest that you educate yourself as much as possible on all aspects of business. I mean really go nuts! Read as much as you can. Read the boards. Go to SCORE and get a counseler, it's free! Now go get em![/QUOTE]

I appreciate your quick response. I look forward to getting my feet wet so to speak.

Carlos Gonzales

You can find the answer to many of your questions by searching this and other powerwashing boards. I will give you suggestions on some of them though.

1. Your business entity (LLC, Inc, etc.) depends on many factors, whether you have employees and liability issues are some of the main ones. You mentioned S.C.O.R.E. - talk to them about this, they are very helpful. They have a biz start up program called Core Four. It's highly recommended and worth taking.

2. 2 million dollar liability insurance should be enough for what you want to do. Workers comp if you have employees.

4. Score can help you with your business model. You need to create your own to fit your needs and goals.

5 and 6. Call a local distributor and tell them what you want to clean and your budget. They will point you in the right direction as to what rig to get for your situation.

7. Hiring someone to keep the books is great, if you can afford it. Most do it on their own at first to keep cost down. I think it also might help you understand what's happening in your business as well.

Most Importantly - I would suggest that you educate yourself as much as possible on all aspects of business. I mean really go nuts! Read as much as you can. Read the boards. Go to SCORE and get a counseler, it's free! Now go get em!

OUTSTANDING advice Chris...Thanks for sharing