• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Let me ask it all in here.

Damaris Sutton

I have read opinions on downstreaming/xjetting/upstreaming/softwashing

Let me ask this. Which one can reach the farthest with maximum results. I mean whats the use of reaching 40 feet if the cleaning capability is poor? Which method above would give a true softwash with maximum cleaning heights, but at the same time actually get the job just as clean as if you were shooting it all as if it were a one story hip roof project and what equipment would you suggest to accomplish these results?

Jimmy

precisionpower

Jimmy, you may get several different answers, but what works best for YOU is the right one. I am a DS'er. Wouldn't have it any other way. I do not like the X-jet. Downstreaming allows me to reach up to 40-50 ft. accurately without wind, from the ground. The clean is just as good as any other properly method. DS'ing is easier, IMO, and much more efficient. But, that's just my .02

servicemark p.w.

i use the x jet to down stream chems for high areas. you can get a pretty good washing pressure about 2 stories, but the chems do almost all the work. it will throw chem about 40 feet but not very accurate, most of the time i get a bath. i have a low pressure tip to do lower areas, i mostly use a black tip for that,, i have a few chlorine/acid guns i use for low areas with a down streamer before the gun.

Henry Bockman

Michael and the others are right. There is no "One" way to pressure wash. My crews use downstreamers, upstreamers, foamers, M5's and on occasion the original X jet.

I've also been testing something I created on my own that allows me to double downstream on one line so I don't have to mix my house washing and building cleaning chems before using them. I've used M5's for roof washing and also a Deckster sprayer for roof cleaning too.

My latest toy is combining rigs to get 20GPM. When I have a chance to film the 20GPM rig I'll post the video for everyone.

precisionpower

What are you wanting to clean?
Roofs need the chems applied with dedicated pump to get solution on strong enough to work.

:yes: Mike, remember when I called you one time and told you that I DS'ed a roof and couldn't figure out why it didn't come clean!
Mike K. if you can see or read this, PM me. I have an idea.

cleanhoods

Michael and the others are right. There is no "One" way to pressure wash. My crews use downstreamers, upstreamers, foamers, M5's and on occasion the original X jet.

I've also been testing something I created on my own that allows me to double downstream on one line so I don't have to mix my house washing and building cleaning chems before using them. I've used M5's for roof washing and also a Deckster sprayer for roof cleaning too.

My latest toy is combining rigs to get 20GPM. When I have a chance to film the 20GPM rig I'll post the video for everyone.
They accually make a downstreamer that draws from two conatiners to make your mix for you. Here is the site http://www.envirospec.com/.Got one thing from there i am new to this place but they got a little of everthing for our type of work check it out.
Marko

cleanhoods

cleanhoods

Here are some directions on building an injector.

Multiple Chemical Injection

By splitting off the chemical line coming from the injector, and controlling each split with a ball valve, an unlimited number of chemicals can be drawn through one injector. To plumb a chemical injector to draw two chemicals, the use of a three-way ball valve is best. When using EnviroSpec's 3-way Ball Valve, part number 2927-104, the chemical tube is plumbed from the injector to the port opposite the black knob. The two side ports are then plumbed with tubing that terminates in the two different chemicals. The valve is designed to allow panel mounting with the knob showing and the valve body and plumbing hidden behind the panel. For the ability to plumb in an unlimited number of different chemicals, construct a manifold from ¼” ID pipe that is 1 ½” long. Between each pipe nipple install a ¼” tee fitting. Attach the chemical tube from the injector to one end of the manifold and cap the opposite end. Install a ball valve in each of the open ports on the tees. Put as many ports on the manifold as desired. Run chemical tube from the ball valve barbs to the chemicals. Secure the manifold to the pressure washer panel with u-bolts. Hope this helps.

Marko

Florin Nutu

Did you ever get a chance to film the 20gpm? That would be a sight. I run a 12gpm and love it. If I could i would add my 4.5 to it also. Might just be a winter project.