• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Obama Going To Hurt Small Business?

Ken Fenner

Original Article posted: http://www.smallbusinessnewz.com/topnews/2009/01/05/asbl-critical-of-obama-plan-for-small-businesses

Creates Loopholes For Venture Capitalists

The American Small Business League is warning that President - elect Barack Obama is preparing to make significant changes in federal contracting laws that will allow some of the nation's wealthiest investors to receive federal contracts earmarked for small businesses.
The League says the new pro-venture capital policy could virtually repeal the Small Business Act for legitimate American small businesses by modifying the federal definition of a small business as "independently owned."

Under the proposed Obama Administration policy, "independently owned" will be changed to include firms that are not independently owned, but are actually controlled by wealthy investors and possibly some of the nation's largest venture capital firms.

If the policy is successfully implemented it could force the average American small business to compete head-to head with firms controlled by wealthy investors for even the smallest government orders for goods and services.

"The easiest and quickest way to stimulate our nation's failing economy is for the government to spend infrastructure funds with America's 27 million small businesses that create all the new jobs and employ most Americans," American Small Business League President Lloyd Chapman said.
"This new Obama policy will do just the opposite and will push our economy closer to a depression by diverting billions of dollars in federal funds away from middle class America and into the hands of small number of wealthy investors that backed Obama."

plainpainter

This is funny - I have been watching in the news that he wants tons of tax cuts for small businesses as part of his incentive package - it's so good even Mitch Mitchell is happy about it!

Jeff LeCours

I'll just wait and see, theres a lot of people groups crying wolf right now, sometimes you just don't what you read is true. I have a feeling its going to be a lot better economy in one to two years compared to what the economy is right now.

Ken I wouldnt worry to much I bet there isnt to many federal contracts for decks LOL

I have to say I really think he's going to play it down the middle of the road a little for dems a little for republicans, back & forth and hopefully just do whats right. He difinitly isnt going far right or far left....Cool. I'll just wait & see

Any way that plan sounds more like something the old admin would of done

Ken Fenner

Just food for thought. The main reason I posted this is because the ASBL was one of the biggest supporters of Obama during the election. Now it seems to have done an about-face. I'm not going to condemn the president elect, he hasn't even taken office yet. I'll watch, like everyone else, to see what happens.

Terry Miller

I have already read articles stateing Obama's Rateings will take a nose dive as soon after he takes office. I believe one reason is that most benefits he's planning are going to go to people who don't work or pay taxes. Those are the same people that got him elected. Look at the #'s ! Our country is in for some serious backtracking as far as how this mess will be cleaned up. My 2 cents.

plainpainter

I believe one reason is that most benefits he's planning are going to go to people who don't work or pay taxes. Those are the same people that got him elected. Look at the #'s ! Our country is in for some serious backtracking as far as how this mess will be cleaned up. My 2 cents.

Call me silly - but I thought O'bama's whole campaign was about helping those on receiving end of the the failed economic polices of Bush's administration, Terry, which is the cause of the recent trend of high unemployment #'s in the first place!?!?!!?!?

My experience throughout my whole life is that most people want to work, and when they don't have work - they go looking for work, or try to be entrepreneurial and create work. The fact is, Terry, globalism has proved itself a total disaster - all the promises of the last decade of how new jobs would be created to fill 'void' once manufacturing jobs went overseas has not come to fruition. Folks are having a tough time - perhaps you've been watching the news - failing housing markets, failing credit markets, bailouts, need I go on? There are more people than jobs out there. Thats what this whole presidential race was about from the onset. Perhaps before guys like you go pointing fingers about how out of touch our politicians have become - maybe you should look to yourself how out of touch you have become.

THERE ARE VERY FEW JOBS NOW - I have guys calling my machine off the hook looking for work - times are bad. I can survive myself - but I can't help others. That's what this whole stimulus package is about, firstly getting some equity into the hands of the hurting to help them get through as we invest into infrastructure and a new economy to once again create real jobs -like what has been promised but never delivered for the past administration!

Terry Miller

Great posts men.. I think one word will settle it all..
CHANGE
How any President could acomplish (Change) this is beyond my thoughts. Cutting taxes and adding benefits? What am I missing? This guy has a huge job ahead no matter how we look at it.
I only spoke of articles already out stating he will not acomplish what he said. People will get disgruntled? The college kids who voted don't pay taxes. The people on welfare don't pay taxes, a large section of voters for Obama don't pay taxes. However they will receive the benefits he's talking about. This is not an argument or even a discussion. Just the facts.

plainpainter:
(Folks are having a tough time - perhaps you've been watching the news - failing housing markets, failing credit markets, bailouts, need I go on? There are more people than jobs out there. Thats what this whole presidential race was about from the onset. Perhaps before guys like you go pointing fingers about how out of touch our politicians have become - maybe you should look to yourself how out of touch you have become.)
I am out of touch? My response,
Greed, lazy, lousey workmanship, etc. Even the officers of GM said they produced crap cars since 1975. But their going to fix that! No jobs. Maybe we are too lazy to work? Maybe we want to be paid ridiculous wages for unskilled labor? How much do you pay your employees? Are they over paid? Do they deserve to be paid more? I beleive there are many jobs available in America. I believe we as a whole are lazy. If you watch all the layoffs that are takeing place, most are part time employees without benefits. Not skilled workers with education and training. What happend to the aprenticeships? How about the guy who worked his way up the ladder? Not here? Now it is I want it and I want it now! Ask your own neighborhood kid to come and help you work for a day. No pay, just for his benefit to see how you work. Better yet, ask him to take your trash out to the curb. Ask our own kids to get a job at McDonalds working for min. wage. They will laugh at us and go about playing their $300. games we buy.
I wish any person the very best at leading our country. I am all for Mr. Obama and his staff. I hope he pulls off even some of what he said he would do. I also hope we don't cut my taxes and give money to non voteing folks.
Placing highway jobs on the list? We have a local project that has been in place since the 60's! Now if we can add some new one's we will all be better off. Do we really think a new President will make everything better? How about Obama's own Senate? They can't even fill that job. Also isn't some of the other elections in question?
All this talk here is useless. I only said Obama's not going to be looked upon as a great leader in our time. Thank you.

plainpainter

Terry - no matter how much I paid my employees, it's never been a 'livable' wage in my opinion. If you add up all the costs of owning a used car, fuel, rent, food - I don't know how some of my guys over the years have gotten by. Should I have paid more? Well to some extent some of the guys I employed weren't true painting professionals - on the other hand I kind of think a true painting professional is more and more a myth than reality.

I can't understand how someone can get by with less than a 60k salary in my neck of the woods - and that's assuming he/she has a partner making at least another 40-50k. But on the other hand if I paid workers about $13-$15/hr - my business model dictates I would have to charge at a minimum $42 man-hours. And that's assuming I have large jobs continuously throughout the year without interruption and a minimum of a 3-4 man crew busy at all times. And the way the market is now - I've been blown out the market trying to charge those amounts. There doesn't seem to be much money anywhere these days. Something has to change.

Jeff LeCours

Go Republicans, go Democrats, Go USA, Go Obama

I am looking forward to the admin. I think its what the country needs right now....It in itself is change. I think it will help boost our econmy up just having a different President

For all our sake. I hope he will be seen as a great President. I for one am looking forward to 2009 getting through it and looking to see some change that will help propell our nation out of this finacial mess we are in right now

Many that are doom & gloom in both parties are hoping things will change. I am giving up on the doom and gloom and going to concentrate on my business and keeping some people working, customers spending and customers happy.

I have always marketed my company through all what we knew as the boom times and I will through these tough times. This is why I keep having growth year after year. My message has always been the same and it still will be....Go with the best PW contractor in the area....Go with JL........:clap:

Bring on 2009

precisionpower

I'll just wait and see, theres a lot of people groups crying wolf right now, sometimes you just don't what you read is true. I have a feeling its going to be a lot better economy in one to two years compared to what the economy is right now.

Ken I wouldnt worry to much I bet there isnt to many federal contracts for decks LOL

I have to say I really think he's going to play it down the middle of the road a little for dems a little for republicans, back & forth and hopefully just do whats right. He difinitly isnt going far right or far left....Cool. I'll just wait & see

Any way that plan sounds more like something the old admin would of done

Jeff, you are partially right. Obama will play it safe, as he already has. Politics aside, he has already made a rebuttal on numerous things he promised during the campaign. Obama will govern by the polls, nothing more, nothing less. He just doesn't have the kahunas to take a solid stance on anything. He will govern by the polls and play it safe.

Jeff LeCours

Jeff, you are partially right. Obama will play it safe, as he already has. Politics aside, he has already made a rebuttal on numerous things he promised during the campaign. Obama will govern by the polls, nothing more, nothing less. He just doesn't have the kahunas to take a solid stance on anything. He will govern by the polls and play it safe.

He did take stance on being inclusive. rick Warren speech jan 20th. He didnt have to do that, he wants to include as many as he can. We all look at things differently you may say this is just a ploy, I say its trying to bring people together to voice different opinions. Time will only tell brother

precisionpower

He did take stance on being inclusive. rick Warren speech jan 20th. He didnt have to do that, he wants to include as many as he can. We all look at things differently you may say this is just a ploy, I say its trying to bring people together to voice different opinions. Time will only tell brother

Good post Brother. I sincerely hope you are right. I am done with politics for the time being, and will concentrate on building my business one way or another.

Jeff LeCours

Good post Brother. I sincerely hope you are right. I am done with politics for the time being, and will concentrate on building my business one way or another.

Right on brother building our businesses is what its all about. We can be our own economic recovery plan:yes:

Call, write, fax!!!:clap:

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director

And take a look at that tie....and his hair....it isn't white like the other Democrats :headshakesmile-fast.....maybe he's a closet Republican Jeff! :yes:

Oh, no! He's a secret Bush family love child!!!! :clap:

Attachments

• presidents_1218106c.jpg
    presidents_1218106c.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 21